OtakuBoards

Crave (digitally colored)

jigglyness

Ok, My second ever fully colored drawing done with Photoshop Elements 3.0 . I did not make the background, I found it on google and decided to put it on because it kinda matched what I was trying to do. :) Critique welcome.
[url=http://www.chakde.com/uploads/76f6f175c6.jpg]CLICKITH[/url]

Well...I honestly don't think that the bg matches very well with the main picture. Having such a dramatic change in style doesnt usually look very good. Plus, it's not always a good thing to go and snatch other people's drawings and shove it behind yours :P. The picture itself looks good although kinda off in a few places..the neck, for example, and lacks a certain flow. I think it just takes practice and more practice and eventually it'll look great. The CG you did on him is good, btw, =D

[url=http://www.chakde.com/uploads/b82be69f7e.jpg]without BG[/url]
Heres the original pic without the background. The drawing itself is somewhat old so a while I look at the pic and also the neck part. Is it just me or does his beck seem fat? *shrug* but I'm also a little unsatisfied with the coloring of the hair.

Yeah, the neck seems a little big. You know, I'd say that's the only thing that makes the picture looks off. The neck needs to be a lil longer and skinnier =) Hmm...actually, the torso also seems kind of small ^^

But I do like the hair and cg...=) Do you have anymore recent pictures?

Well, actually I DO have some recent works but none are the quality of this one. I get a little lazy to scan it into the computer so yeah. But my other works are under my account on [U][url=http://fanart.theotaku.com/artist.php?id=126456]THEOTAKU[/url][/U]. :)

[quote name='Kune']My favourite is the "never look back" one, I love the way you did the hair and the wings are absolutly adorable. Your pics are very creative XD it makes me really jealous =3 Keep it up![/quote]
[size=1]Kune, just a few posts above, you were doing really well. You offered specific points that needed touching up, and also gave good examples of what the artist did correctly. But now, you're lapsing back into bad habits, not really elaborating what needs fixing and what was done right. Try to elaborate on your thoughts.[/size]

[quote name='Kune']My favourite is the "never look back" one, I love the way you did the hair and the wings are absolutly adorable. Your pics are very creative XD it makes me really jealous =3 Keep it up![/quote]
eh..I don't think I have any art under "never look back". If you're talking about my first colored one than I understand. That one I mostly concentrated on the wings and hair the most [it's pretty obvious huh?] I was trying to go for the torn worn out look but it didn't turn out all that bad. :)

Hm...it didn't look coloured in. It was done on line paper but oh well. (Sorry for the lack of post quality =) I am new here so I gotta get used to it...) I think we are talking about the same one..I can definitly see the attention to detail concering the hair and wings. The reason why I also like this one the best is because it really stays true to good proportions...the other ones seem to need a little work. As I always say, "practice, practice, practice!" and sometimes you get lucky too. But that's just me...lol. I know one way to really learn is by trying to copy some pictures that you find. Especially for colouring...use lots of examples and try to see if you can imitate their style..then kind of move on into your own. But I can see that you are doing that =)

So my suggestions are...try doodling limbs and bodies over and over till you're comfortable with them. (hands and feet still delude me >.>) and try looking at examples to see how they blend their colours. =D

I actually only do traditional type of drawing and coloring until recently when I started coloring my pictures with my computer. The only thing I can do really well is blend with pastel, color pencils, and paint. blending is my specialty. Some teachers have told me that I needed to work on my drawing skills more. :) Thanks for the advice though.