OtakuBoards

Your first manga idea

Chikara Kokoro

There seem to be quite a few wanna-be mangaka around here, and I was curious about how the interest was started. I also want to know about what everyone's first manga idea was.

My first manga idea, that I actually made pages of (I think I?ve thrown them away), was basically a rip-off of the web comic [URL=http://www.rpgworldcomic.com/]RPG World[/URL]. A rip-off that, instead of humans, had wolf people (like cat-girls but with wolves). Yeah. I?m pretty embarrassed about it now, but I think I've redeemed myself with what I've done since then.

It was my combined love for web comics and anime/manga that sparked my interest in creating manga. I have yet to make something that I?m willing to put on the web, but I think I?m getting there.

One idea I had was basically taking my school life and all our bunch-of-misfits group's inside jokes and imaginations and making it into a manga- think Azumanga Daioh except American. That idea pretty much fell flat, though. Somehow, you can never compare to AzuDai.

Yet I attemp to draw, I havn't succeded yet.

My first look at manga was inuyashsa. It was horrible drawings, so I thought, I can do better than this!
I found out later that I couldn't. I wanted someones help a while back. I wouldn't mind if someone PM me -only if they have time. I am not good at explaining things- if they can help me.

But my first idea was in lines with a flash. It was all about violence. I just wanted some violence and zombies *blushes*. I look back on that and think I'll never be good. But, when there is a will, there is a way right?

So, if your good, can you teach me? [Maybe it would help if you had aim. I am KingEarthEater]

My first idea for a manga was a really long time ago, but I still do somewhat like it. It takes place in two separate story lines (with about 500 years separating the two). In the past one there is a temple to the 6 gods of that world and each of the gods had a chosen oracle. And in the future something has ruined the temple and the newly chosen ones (it starts out with just 2) are trying to find the four other chosen ones. I like all of the characters in it, some so much I used them in other things (if you read my story idea thread, I mentioned the pirate Kisho who is the later generation water oracle)

my first idea was about a year ago
it was about a transfer student asking a girl out

i dont know why, i had always thought of transfer student to start up a story
(now, i dont)
i dont know, i guess you just have to brain-strom a lot of ideas (though, it might take a long time)
i remember it took me hours trying to get an idea :animeswea

anyway, good luck w/ coming up with ideas for your manga^ ^

Nearly seven or eight years ago after I had seen DBZ I was enchanted by the way Japanese drew their cartoons. Shortly after I developed my own fantasy type mini manga series. It was about a world called "Terah" (the name is overly used, I knew this but I couldn't think of a proper name at the time) and in it there existed all these different races who were dominated by a magical race of cat-like humanoids called the Seyuna.(don't confuse them for those cute little people with cat ears though) All the other races were convinced that all Seyuna were bad because on a whole they were. The Seyuna treated all other races like filthy toilet paper and they were ruled by a very cruel and cunning leader named Emperor Suna'Khar. To make a long story short, one of the Seyuna ends up turning against his people in hopes of saving them from complete destruction. Of course along the way the protagonist, Kahu, deals with a lot of racial descrimination. Ultimately he befriends a human (of course!), a Pyran(kinda like dragon man?) and an Azurian (silvery skinned water elves?).

Anyway, I had drawn out all the character designs, maps, races, vehicles etc. but somewhere along the way I suppose my inability as an artist was what ultimately led to my quitting the pursuit of creating my own manga despite the fact that my friends said I wasn't too shabby.

Blah blah...there's a lot more to it than that but I don't want to bore anyone more than I already have.

Well.. mine is a half demon half human living as a normal person because someone sealed his memories to prevent him from remembering who he really is... this person's name is Aluchart ( I know his name is like CastleVania's Alucard). Upon knowing this information he goes on a journey to find out who he really is. Along the way he meet some friends and foes and mostly foes, however that didn't stop him. And During his quest he found himself in the Hotseat of the most powerful Entity in the world (that guys not a god)...

[COLOR=Navy]I just got into Manga last year.My first manga idea was 4 months ago.I made up a manga about 3 cousins who have to kill 30 people who have been touched.The whole summary is in my thread(my manga story`what do you think?)[/COLOR]