OtakuBoards

North American Courting

Yukina123

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Hello Ladies and Gents! The timeless questions is now to be answered by none other than people who ask it themselves. What the hell is wrong with our species? Men don't know how to understand women and women are just fed up with men. haha and some people just don't care to learn. if you're the latter, get outta here!
Did you know that in every other species, except the homo sapien (us) females make the first move? It's true! Whether by hormones or just kickin' the male's butt, the female is usually the courtier! However, sadly, with Prang Mantis', it's a little different. After luring the male, the female bites his head off. And he keeps going! haha. amazing, neh?

Well, here's the question. [b]What do you want to tell the opposite gender?[/b]

~For me, I just want to say, great job guys! Maybe some of you could dress up a bit, I'm pretty sure that the girl you may be trying to flatter doesn't care that your boxers are plaid or have spunge bob on them. But that's for high schoolers. If you're an adult, watch out! [b]although girls spend more time fretting over what to wear on a date, the guy could care less as long as you're sweet as pie, but guys...if a girl cares THAT much about what she wears, don't you think she's gonna talley up your dress points?[/b]. Yes, even the tomboys who won't admit it.~

Thanks for visiting the thread!!! Feel free to help each other out and answer the poll! [/COLOR]

Just to know myself, I don't think it is scary [Being a male] at all.

I want to tell you, not all males act the same.
For the main reason that everyone is different.
I am not like my brothers for the reason that they were brought up differently.
Saying that all males act the same is judgeing a book by its cover.

I dress nice when I can. I don't think that you can ever say that all men do a certain thing.
I not only dress nice, I am nice. Not all men will try to be tough.
I acually think it is stupid to act all tough when your not.

Thanks for your time,

David

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]I want to tell you, not all males act the same.
For the main reason that everyone is different.
I am not like my brothers for the reason that they were brought up differently.
Saying that all males act the same is judgeing a book by its cover.
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I wasn't trying to sterotype and I hope I didn't come across that way!!! Apparently I did. I apologize. That's why I made the poll for the most general of the different personalities. ^_^[/COLOR]

[quote name='Yukina123][COLOR=DarkOrchid']I wasn't trying to sterotype and I hope I didn't come across that way!!! Apparently I did. I apologize. That's why I made the poll for the most general of the different personalities. ^_^[/COLOR][/quote]

I think it might have been better if you made some for the people that don't fit in the general personalities.
Well, I just assumed that you were making steroeypes. Sorry for my mis-understanding.

Guest Metal Dragon
It's not scary being a guy. But things I'd like to say are:

1) Just 'cuz one of us screwed things up, doesn't mean we all will!!!
There's a saying a friend told me:
[I]A woman marries a man hoping he'll change
But a man marries a woman hoping she'll never change[/I]

2) If you want us to change... then tell us!!!
Please stop with the hints and tell us, we can take it.

That's all, and thank you for your time
BYE!!!

[FONT=Georgia]Ah, I think the new topic of discussion should be [b][u]What do men want?[/b][/u].

Here are my own speculations:

[list]
[*]To be understood
[*]To have control (not necessarily negative!)

[/list]

And that's about all I understand about what men want in a relationship. Thankfully I just have to worry about my own sex...but actually that's still complicated. Very complicated.

Let's just say relationships are complicated.[/FONT]

Guest Gun Preacher
1) i want to not take the blame from others who have heart you.

2) dont distance your self from me cause you think i'm like all the rest

3) dont make lame reasons for breaking up

4) say what you want to say i'm not a mind reader.

[QUOTE=Gun Preacher]1) i want to not take the blame from others who have heart you.

2) dont distance your self from me cause you think i'm like all the rest

3) dont make lame reasons for breaking up

4) say what you want to say i'm not a mind reader.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Yes, women are REALLY bad at stating how they feel, but then again, those who state it too often are just plain annoying, right? But you can't necessarily be mad at someone for being afraid to love. It's like burning yourself on the stove and then going to the microwave. You know it's warm, but just how warm? Just how willing are you to find out? [/COLOR]

[quote name='Your Mother][SIZE=1']I have a question for all you ladies....When a guy is getting to know you and flirting, how long should he wait between meeting you and asking you out? When's too soon and when's too long?[/SIZE][/quote]

Well, it really depends. Normally, we'll give you subtle hints about whether or not we're interested in you. If the girl's flirting quite a bit, go for it. If not, get to know her a little bit better. Also, drop hints yourself that will let her know you're interested in a relationship. That way, popping the question seems a whole lot less out of the blue to us.