OtakuBoards

Embedding flash

vat2anime

[font=Verdana][color=blue]You won't be able to use it if HTML is disabled in the forum you're trying to embed it in. To embed a flash file, you'd need to use the embed HTML tag, which you can find details for online.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]PNGs are a little easier. They are displayed using the same tag as any other image and do not need HTML. Just use [*img]URL to your PNG file[/img] (remember to remove the * or it won't work) for the image file.[/color][/font]

Thanks, I just figured out how to embed a flash on my site by looking at someone elses and clicking on the source code. Heres what I did:

Insert this into your introduction or post.

You can adjust the width and height if you want to. Escpecially the quality (Low, Medium, High). hope this helps for the people who want to insert a flash in their site.

I have another question. How do you make a flash jukebox?

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Heh, the answer to that question will not be so easily found. Making a flash jukebox requires the actual Flash application, which is fairly expensive, as well as knowing how to use it to create the layout and then writing ActionScript behind it to make it work. You're better off finding one online that's already made.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]For instance, [url=http://flamplayer.com/]here[/url] is one that I've seen in action and works very nicely. The downside there is that it requires a host which supports PHP and mySQL for it to work.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]If you downloaded from the link I gave you, you need to host the files online and have access to PHP and mySQL. Once it's up, you use a web-based administration menu to add tracks to it. Check the demos on the site if you're confused about this.[/color][/font]