OtakuBoards

Anime Inside Jokes

AnimeHeroX

Hi everyone have to get your opinion's on this one i always hated inside jokes in cartoon. you know like when it seems the character's talking to the animator or the audience. like in fooly cooly after takouif that's how you say his name was [spoiler]hit by hadoko vespa bike.[/spoiler] then it when to a cutscene where their in a bus talking about the last scene . it kind of takes the thrill out of the cartoon you know if you really get into it. or for another example at the end of pokemon the movie 2000 when [spoiler]sloking talks to team rocket say alot of people out their say what you did and their all watching right now.[/spoiler] that was extreme poorly timed especially after what happened with the [spoiler]3 leagendary bird pokemon.[/spoiler] and here another anime that does that to much BObobobo-bo-bo??? if that how you say his name. i don't watch his show but i saw one episode and after the inside jokes i didn't like so i really don't watch that one anymore. but please tell me what do you think of this topic.

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=Blue]I actually don't mind inside jokes. As long as they don't ruin the anime.

Do you konw Panda-Man? He was a character invented by Eiichirou Oda (the creator of One Piece) for Kinnikuman. Yudetamago (the creators of Kinnikuman) didn't like Panda-Man. So Oda Sensei sneaks Panda-Man into One Piece (the comic book) every chance he gets. (It's like "Where's Wally" or "Where's Waldo" or whatever his name was. :animeswea ) Then on one of the TV episodes (I think it was in Alabasta), Panda-Man runs across the screen. It was so funny! :catgirl:
However, I think that I would have hated it if Panda-Man stopped to say something. :mad: [/COLOR]

I don't really mind it... I think it adds a sense of unity between the creators and the fans. My favorite instance is the anime version of Excel Saga in which every episode includes a disclaimer from Koshi Ridko, the original manga creator. And then when Excel is assigned to kill him, she creates a time paradox. I thought it was classic.