OtakuBoards

My Manga - The Sphere of Life

Guest Anasztaizia

Guest Anasztaizia
[B]The Sphere Of Life[/B]

Hello. This is my idea for a manga that I?ve had for awhile now but I?m pretty sure it needs a lot of work. Being relatively new to creating anything really, I was hoping people could give me some feedback. If you think this is a good idea and what I should work on etc. Thanks anyway, on to my manga idea.

[B]Intro To The Sphere[/B]

The Sphere of Life is a planet that existed before Earth was ever created. The Sphere as it?s called for short consists of mainly four regions / terrain types and four races. The four regions (sort of like separate islands are each inhabited by one out of the four races. The inhabitants of the Sphere are called Anihumans though more commonly addressed by their race title E.g. Mythicals etc.

[B]Creators of the Sphere and it regions and races (The Elite Eight)[/B]

[B]Naira & Jovan [/B] - Creators of the Magick Wielders and Laois
[B]Ryder & Samara [/B] - Creators of the Anilkes and Revena
[B]Ebony & Luther [/B] - Creators of the Mortals and Ena
[B]Sawin & Agan [/B] - Creators of the Mythicals and Soiree

These eight people known as gods to the Anihumans created the Sphere of Life to replace the planet they once lived on after it was destroyed. They now reside a planet far beyond the reaches of space watching their creations live out the life they?ve longed for, for centuries.

[B]The Four Regions[/B]

[B]Laois[/B] - The place of deep harmony located in the very core of the Sphere covered up by rock, ash, soil and sand. Waterfalls are the door?s to homes and glorious buildings. This regions terrain consists of water, ice and air but nothing more. The only people who have seen this magnificent site are the Magick Wielders. No one can enter besides those who were born here thanks to a spell cast by the creators of this safe haven.

[B]Ena[/B] - A harsh place Ena takes up most of the Western halve of the Sphere. Ena?s terrain is made up of two main sources. Lava and rock. The rocky deserts spreading across thousands of square mile?s of land keep most of the Mortal population separate from each other which is how they prefer to be left to scheme by themselves with only the closest of Mortal allies in their little caves. A huge lava river boarders Ena from Revena allowing know outsider to access the regions unless both races agree.

[B]Revena[/B] - Home to the Anilike Revena is very much the woodland area of the Sphere found on the eastern side, unchanged in all the time it?s been in existence. The Anilikes don?t believe there is a reason to change their already magnificent region and instead prefer to indulge in nature. Practising fighting skills here and there Revena should differ from the other regions from a long mile because of the lack of development over 3033 years but it fits in quite nicely.

[B]Soiree[/B] - The air is basically this regions only terrain if you could call it that. Ranging in between the black pits of the unknown (space to us) and Revena and Ena. It?s a lot of space for the Mythical race but they enjoy the thrills of being able to study other races and terrains without being noticed in their cloud palaces.

[B]The Four Races[/B]

[B]Magick Wielders [/B] - A race of people able to dabble in the six arts of the unexplainable. The arts include divination, healing, mysticism, evolution, telekinetic and telepathic abilities, and necromancy. Once a Magick Wielder turns 12 they complete a 3 day ritual bonding the Anihumans soul to a power willing to choose them. Those who aren?t selected by a power die unaccepted and those who pass go on to learn about their power. This race is a pretty peaceful one not concerned with showing off in front of their counterparts and by far one of the strongest.

[B]Mythicals[/B] - Smart. The super brain in your face sort of race. Besides having the ability of hording all the knowledge they can the Mythicals also have another ability - they can transform at will into a unknown creature (not like a cat or bird but more like a mythical creature hence the name E.g. dragons, elves, fairies, chimeras, that kind of thing). These creatures come fully equipped with all the powers you?d expect from a person who just became a fire breathing dragon. Unlike the Magick Wielders, Mythicals don?t hold a ceremony to gain their powers it just sort of happens in fact sometimes it can be quite embarrassing for the Mythical in question. The Mythical race is one that loves to boast (and with good reason) but can be humble at times.

[B]Anilikes[/B] - Strength and power is mostly what this race is about. This races strong point is it?s immense strength far more incredible that any other race. This is probably because each Anilike is half human, half animal (They of course just think that?s normal not knowing anything about animals). Though that is about all that stands out about them. Easily manipulated and not the brightest light bulbs this race is pretty weak compared to the Mythicals who they loath though considering their population is triple the amount of the Mythicals they are just about even in power.

[B]Mortals[/B] - Manipulative, outgoing, scheming type the Mortals are about the only race who will do anything to get what they want. Breaking whatever rules have been set in place these guys are bad to the bone. Though not all are this way.

[B]Now that you?ve got a feel for the setting and races I?ll move on to the main characters and the plot.[/B]

[B] Plot[/B]

The basic theme for this manga is how the earth came to be. Why it has animals. Why people claim to possess magic abilities or believe to of seen aliens and dragons etc.

[B]Basic plot[/B]

* Jovan and Naira have a fall out with the other six Elites which turns into a full scale battle causing the two to be kicked off Eslisk for good.
* Since Naira and Jovan aren?t on Eslisk anymore the barrier separating the Magick Wielders from the other three races is broken. Once the other races find out what type of powers the Magick Wielders possess they become fearful and jealous. In the end meaning most of the other three races (Mythicals, Anilikes and Mortals) slaughter all but seven Magick Wielders (the main characters).
* These characters fight for survival among the other races eventually being killed off all besides one.
* The M.W that survived found solitude on Eslisk guided by Naira and Jovan along with some other friends from the Anilike and Mythical races avoiding the war between the other races and destruction of the Sphere of Life. As for the Elite Eight they all perished at the demise of their planet even Jovan and Naira, leaving the remnants of the Sphere to create a new planet called Earth.

[B]Main Characters[/B]

[B]Morgan Vandre[/B]

Name - Morgan Vandre
Gender - Female
Age - 13
Race - Magick Wielder
Power - Healing
Description :
Eyes - Brown, big and innocent
Hair - Green, curly, shoulder length
Skin - Olive
Personality - Shy but willing to stand up to others, determined.

[B]Auna Noire[/B]

Name - Auna Noire
Gender - Female
Age - 19
Race - Magick Wielder
Power - Telekinetic and telepathic abilities
Description :
Eyes - Violet
Hair - White with purple highlights, straight back length, long fringe
Skin - Rosy
Personality - Motherly, thoughtful

[B]Caedmon Flece[/B]

Name - Caedmon Flece
Gender - Male
Age - 16
Race - Magick Wielder
Power - Necromancy
Description :
Eyes - Grey, sharp
Hair - Black, straight, above shoulders
Skin - Olive
Personality - Self contained, listens far more that talks

[B]Arian Wandur[/B]

Name - Arian Wandur
Gender - Male
Age - 18
Race - Magick Wielder
Power - Evolution
Description :
Eyes - Orange, squarish
Hair - Fiery, spiked up
Skin - Pale
Personality - Obnoxious, loud, show off

[B]Cian Coil[/B]

Name - Cian Coil
Gender - Male
Age - 15
Race - Magick Wielder
Power - Mysticism
Description :
Eyes - Blue
Hair - Brown, short
Skin - Olive
Personality - Serious, brother of Crist and Claire (triplets)

[B]Crist Coil[/B]

Name - Crist Coil
Gender - Male
Age - 15
Race - Magick Wielder
Power - Mysticism
Description :
Eyes - Blue
Hair - Brown, short
Skin - Olive
Personality - Serious, brother of Cian and Claire (triplets)

[B]Claire Coil[/B]

Name - Claire Coil
Gender - Female
Age - 15
Race - Magick Wielder
Power - Divination
Description :
Eyes - Blue, big
Hair - Brown, curly, waist length
Skin - Olive
Personality - bubbly, fun sister of Crist and Cian (triplets)

That?s an overview of my manga so yeah. If you have any questions feel free to p.m. me and/or reply to the post (sorry if there were any mistakes :animeswea )

Wow, it sounds like you really know where this is going. I wonder, what would happen if you introduced Language into this? The option is up to you, but I think language would be an interesting idea... For example, the Magic Wielders, being seperate from the other races (at the very least secluded within their own secret society) possesed a language that the other races couldn't figure out. Then again, I might not know how the story turns out, and added the barrier of a Language may hinder the plot. I guess it's up to you, but wow it sounds great so far. I look forward to reading it on the shelves.

This seems entirely too much like a role-playing game. It?s good that you have developed this so much, but don?t let the fantasy element overtake the characters or the story in its level of importance. With the four different worlds and the gods residing on a different planet, the whole set up sounds exactly like a of role-playing game board I?ve visited before.

It might be a good idea to change the name Laois as it?s one letter away from being an actual country.

Perhaps you shouldn?t stereotype the different characters so much. It?s all right to have a standard personality, but it?s far more interesting when people step outside of the norm.

Your basic theme reminds me of the The Silmarillion. This is not a good thing, trust me.

Why are all of your main characters of the same race? You have so much information on the others, and it would be neat to see the different interactions between the four races. There has to be a percentage of people who don?t care if the magick wielders are supposedly better than they are. Not everyone in this world can possibly be that insecure with themselves. Finding and befriending the people of other races who don?t hate the seven?s guts would be a nice side-plot and would give you the potential for more emotional conflict. The idea that only one of them being left is good. Still, like I said before, you shouldn?t make everyone of the other three races be completely heartless.

Based on the small amount of information given, the characters seem very one-dimensional. I find this strange since you have developed everything else so much. Be sure to have more sides to the characters than you have listed here or this story will become a story that is only about the setting. Go to [URL=http://www.ifvchicago.com/process/wr_characters_questions.shtml]this site (click)[/URL] and try to fill out the form for each of your main characters. It helps quite a bit with developing realism in your characters since you have to think of how your characters would act in many different situations.

You?ve thought about this idea, and it shows. There are a few things that need tweaking, but you?re mostly where you need to be in terms of plot.

itd be kinda better all the characters werent Magick Wielders i mean one group of the same kinda people is wierd. If you check out other mangas like Samurai 7 and Trigun Maximum evry body is one group but different races.