OtakuBoards

Honey and Clover

Nekova

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this one yet. I just finished the last episode (I downloaded fasubs after seeing it in the top 10 list at ANN) and am absolutely in love with it! There's really nothing out there (that I've seen) that can compare it too, except possibly a more grown-up version of Kare Kano. The show is about a group of artists in their late teens to late 20s, in and out of university. I don't even know how to describe how good it is. It manages to be both perfectly true-to-life and zanily funny, often within minutes in the same episode. I've never had an anime I wanted to continue so badly, even though the ending was so perfect as it was. Has anyone else heard of or seen this anime?

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Honey & Clover[/B] is a pretty good show. Have you checked out the 'Special' episodes that have been released on fansub. There are currently two episodes available, and I've only seen the first one. The 'Special' episodes are bonuses from the DVD and mini-continuations of the story. I also know that season 2 will be relelased soon :D

Hmm...what are the things that [I]I[/I] like about [B]Honey & Clover[/B]? The story. It's sweet, it's simple, it's life. The music is good. And I love the artwork -- the whole water-color effects make it visually distinctive.

And of course, Morita never ceases to NOT make me burst out in laughter. Man, that guy is just something, ain't he?

Also, keep your eyes open for the [B]Honey & Clover live action movie[/B]! Good stuff.[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/images/hachikuro/liveaction01.jpg[/IMG]

I want to see the OVAs, but I haven't been able to find a fansub to download anywhere! Even if it's not related to the storyline, I would love to see all of the characters again (especially Morita- I agree with you that he is the funniest character out of ANY show I've seen recently). I'm not as excited about the live action movie. Without all of the effects that can only be done via anime (showing thoughts, exaggerated features for emotion, etc), I don't think it will be much different than any other show like Felicity.