OtakuBoards

Greetings, Salutations and Welcome to the Apocalypse.

ceath

We are always questioning our existence, but the most important question that really haunts our minds should be are those Welcome mats that sit out the front of our doors really a warm greeting to those entering or a subconscious salute to our impending doom that will release us from this chaos that we call reality?

[color=crimson]Taken literally I'd have to imply that the welcoming mat outside of my door is a beaten-down hail and hope that people won't leave my house with the idea that I'm a bad host. The only thing it might subtly imply is that my family is a really cheap family because the Welcoming mat out there probably predates the Cold War.

Taken less literally, well. You know. The reality I see seems less chaotic/interesting than the reality you seem to see.

How bland it is.[/color]

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Uh, do people really "question their existence" though? I thought the heart of the Matrix dilemma was that people [i]didn't[/i] do this. Or to address another kind of questioning (if you'll excuse me for dropping the D-bomb), I thought the whole point of Descartes' famous "I think therefore I am" was to show that even if one doubts the existence of [i]everything[/i], that doubting still turns itself around and becomes a [i]confirmation[/i] that there has to, at least, be an extant thinking thing that doubts - i.e. myself.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with welcome mats, though.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][quote name='Fasteriskhead][FONT=Verdana']I have no idea what you're talking about.[/FONT][/quote]Someone had to say it. I see no discussion value in this thread beyond trying to work out what on Earth the OP is getting at, so I'm closing it. [B]ceath,[/B] feel free to start a new thread, but try and make it a bit clearer what you want discussed next time, 'kay?

[B]Thread closed.[/B][/FONT]