OtakuBoards

Sonic the Hedgehog: Mortality

Talon

[color=royalblue]He stood over the grave, a bouquet clutched in his right hand. The tears falling from his eyes mingled with the light raindrops striking his face and running through his blue fur. He looked down, his eyes cold and sad, as he laid the flowers on the stone marking the obscured grave.

As he turned away, his coat fluttered and swept the debris and fallen leaves from marker. Raindrops fell, as though cleansing the soul of the fallen one. The words of the grave could be read completely, now.

[center][b][i]Here Lies
~ Mighty the Armadillo ~
Beloved Friend And Defender
Mar. 23, 1987 - Jul. 4, 2005[/b][/i][/center]

He turned and whispered gently, a silent prayer for his fallen partner, and exited the cemetery.

Duty wouldn't let him grieve his friend properly, even two years after the war's end....

------------------------------------------------------------

The corporal leapt into the foxhole, covering his head with his free arm as he hit the dirt. With flak flying overhead, and the Agressians dropping bombs almost indiscriminately, it was hard to discern where to run these days, much less where to shoot. He looked over the foxhole, hoping to get a bearing, and discovered his platoon leader, and most of the rest of his platoon, huddled down. The CO was yelling into the comm. unit, like she was doing most of the time.

That thought brought an involuntary smile to his face. He rolled over the top of the foxhole into the neighboring one, hunkering down next to his best friend and right-hand man.

"So, Hotfox, how's tricks?"

The orange-haired fox looked up at his buddy and sighed, performing a hand gesture to signify silence, and then pointed at the red-faced CO.

"God dammnit, command, I don't care if the Spec Ops. is the president of Station Square! I want them here, and I want them here NOW!! We're pinned down, there's no way to return fire, and my squad's morale is running low. GET THEM OUT HERE NOW!!!!!!"

The comm. unit was slammed down and hooked into its cradle. The comms officer, a sky-blue hedgehog who was probably too old to be in the field but steadfastly refused to allow his admittedly impressive stature to be put anywhere else, shook from the force of the blow. The black and red armadillo, huddled into a corner of the large foxhole, snickered slightly at seeing "Pops" shaken up.

The corporal looked up at the black-streaked sky and began to pray. He hadn't thought it would be like this. He hadn't thought it would be anything like this.....[/color]

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Story~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

This RPG will take place in two times: the past and the present. The present will be the advancement of the story, in present-day Moebius. The past will be issued in "Chapter Flashbacks", chapters in which we replay scenes in the past. There are no restrictions on these chapters save that people that are alive in the present aren't killed in the past.

Past Time: War has broken out. Sonic the Hedgehog has joined up, to better combat the forces conspiring against his beloved country. In this time, you must join Sonic and his squad in their efforts to stem the Agressian invasion, and help turn the tide of this war.

Present Time: Sonic's old team has been split up and sent home with the cease-fire arrangement between Agressa and Moebius. Now, the team seeks to rebuild what's left of their lives together in Knothole, a safe haven for them as they grieve their fallen comrades. Storm clouds are brewing, however, as an unwelcome group of familiar faces make their way into the Fallen Angel squadron's hidden village. There will be more fighting to do before the Angels can rest for good...

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Basic Characters~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

These characters are free agents to choose from, if you wish. Their name, species, job, and callsign are listed. The rest of the information is up to you, should you choose to join. But remember, [b]this is not a sign-up.[/b] The actual sign-up will include details on characters that cannot be played, and will be posted once this RPG has gotten some good feedback. Agressian characters are in red, Moebian characters are in blue.

[center][b]Jobs Key[/b]
[i]Infantry[/i] - Grunts, use combat rifles and sidearms to aquire and keep territory.
[i]H. Infantry[/i] - Grunts with the hot stuff. Demolitions, anti-aircraft, you name it.
[i]Tac. Com.[/i] - Tactical Communications. The radio guys.
[i]Spec Ops.[/i] - Special Operations. Stealth and secrecy's their standard M.O..
[i]R+D[/i] - Research and Development. They handle the hardware.
[i]Vehicles[/i] - Troops trained to drive ground vehicles. Yes, that means tanks.
[i]Pilot[/i] - Troops trained to fly, and fly high.
[i]Field Medic[/i] - Don't insult them, they might just save your life while risking theirs.
[i]CO[/i] - Commanding Officer. DON'T make 'em mad. They know how to do their job.[/center]

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

[color=royalblue]Fallen Angel Squadron - Moebius

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Sonic the Hedgehog

[b]Callsign:[/b] Reflex

[b]Species:[/b] Hedgehog

[b]Job:[/b] Infantry/Vehicles

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Knuckles the Echidna

[b]Callsign:[/b] Brick

[b]Species:[/b] Echidna

[b]Job:[/b] H. Infantry

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Mighty the Armadillo

[b]Callsign:[/b] Armstrong

[b]Species:[/b] Armadillo

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Miles "Tails" Prower

[b]Callsign:[/b] Hotfox

[b]Species:[/b] Fox

[b]Job:[/b] Tac. Com./Pilot

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Bunnie Rabbot

[b]Callsign:[/b] Chopshop

[b]Species:[/b] Bionically-enhanced Rabbit

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Shadow the Hedgehog

[b]Callsign:[/b] Blackout

[b]Job:[/b] Spec Ops.

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Espio the Chameleon

[b]Callsign:[/b] Kamikaze

[b]Species:[/b] Chameleon

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

[b]Callsign:[/b] Egghead

[b]Species:[/b] Human

[b]Job:[/b] R+D/Spec Ops.

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Charles "Uncle Chuck" the Hedgehog

[b]Callsign:[/b] Pops

[b]Job:[/b] Infantry

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Amy Rose

[b]Callsign:[/b] Redcross

[b]Job:[/b] Field Medic

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Remington the Echidna

[b]Callsign:[/b] Trigger

[b]Species:[/b] Echidna

[b]Job:[/b] Infantry/Spec Ops.

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Sally Acorn

[b]Callsign:[/b] Mom/Sis

[b]Species:[/b] Chipmunk

[b]Job:[/b] C.O./Tac. Com.[/color]

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

[color=crimson]Edge Guard Squadron - Agressa

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Axel Rolloman

[b]Callsign:[/b] Livewire

[b]Species:[/b] Squirrel

[b]Job:[/b] Tac. Com./Vehicles

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Wolf Exeter

[b]Callsign:[/b] Soliton

[b]Species:[/b] Wolf

[b]Job:[/b] Tac. Com./C.O.

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Shirley Blackwing

[b]Callsign:[/b] Redeye

[b]Species:[/b] Crow

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Esther Tealdream

[b]Callsign:[/b] Hookshot

[b]Species:[/b] Peregrine Falcon

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Ryland Schaefer

[b]Callsign:[/b] Sig/SigSauer

[b]Species:[/b] Bear

[b]Job:[/b] Infantry

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Rocky Oswald

[b]Callsign:[/b] Bishop

[b]Species:[/b] Rhinocerous

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Eduard Towers

[b]Callsign:[/b] Spades

[b]Species:[/b] Hyena

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Spectre the Echidna

[b]Callsign:[/b] Doc

[b]Job:[/b] R+D/Spec Ops.

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Alysson Pryde

[b]Callsign:[/b] Twitch

[b]Species:[/b] Cat

[b]Job:[/b] Infantry/Pilot

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Marcus Zuviel

[b]Callsign:[/b] Boomboom

[b]Species:[/b] Rat

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Snively Robotnik

[b]Callsign:[/b] Blueshield

[b]Job:[/b] Field Medic

-------
[b]Name:[/b] Nack the Weasel

[b]Callsign:[/b] Quickfix

[b]Species:[/b] Weasel

[b]Job:[/b] Infantry/Spec Ops.[/color]

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Request~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

Please, give me some feedback on this. This idea is constantly evolving, and I could definitely use some direction here. Any advice would be welcome, and if you think it's fine the way it is, then say so. If you think it's disgusting and needs to be shot........

Well, my furnace could definitely use a few flames here or there.