OtakuBoards

Hello there

Guest Moesy

Guest Moesy
Hi, I just regestered with this forum and I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm from ontario canada, I like asian culture (especially japanese) I like anime and I also study martial arts. I've decided to start collecting anime more seriously, I've read some anime comics, watched movies and shows, and played some games, (ninja scroll, DBZ, cowboy bebop, FF7 etc) but I want to learn more about anime in general and the different series that are out there before I start spending money on them so I have a few uhh..... stupid :animeshy: questions to start so please bear with me and excuse my ignorance.

1) what's the difference between anime and manga?

2) what do you prefer to collect and why? and basicly what is it about? (just something general like the timeline and setting etc)

any info is great, thanks alot in advance!

peace,

Moesy

Guest Rukia-san
Hello there!

1) You watch Anime on a tv, computer, dvd player etc.. it moves, duh!
and Manga is Japanese anime style comic books

2) I personally collect more manga then anime because it's usually less expensive

Moesy, welcome to Otakuboards.

Introduction threads are not required, or permitted, at OB. We encourage members to just jump into conversations as best they can.

Since this forum emphasizes conversation over post count, quality and content are very important aspects to a thread. Introductions aside, all you asked was a simple question that sparks very little conversation.

Since you seem to have gathered the information you were looking for about the differences between Manga and Anime, there is very little value remaining in this forum. And because we don't want this thread to degenerate into a series of collection inventories, I'm going to close it right now.

Please be sure to read the site rules before continuing to post, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators.

Thread Closed.

-r2