OtakuBoards

The New Safari (M-LV)

Monkatraz

[COLOR=Blue]"How are you all feeling today? Well, I hope. Your are, of course, about to set foot on what may be the greatest single expedition in the last two thousand years."[/COLOR] Said Mr. Shepard, in another expensive suit as he addressed (via monitors strewn throughout the cruise ship Pinnacle , as he was not to be there in person) a group of mostly anxious soon-to-be explorers.

[COLOR=Blue]"I am most hurt that I cannot be there to set foot on the planet with you. Alas, I can't help you as you brave the planet and give it its name. That is left to you. You all have been given first class accomidations aboard this fine ship, and I encourage you to rest up and enjoy the ship. The new world will be reached in less than a day, therefore I wish you well and say, 'Godspeed'."[/COLOR]

With that his image vanished from the monitors all over the ship and it was replaced by a new one. This face was that of a young hispanic man; he breathed deep and briefed them on the ship.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]"All right, my name is Ricardo Del Toro. I am the first mate of the ship (though I am used to the old shipping rig and not this luxury cruiser)and you can all call me Ricky. It'll be a little under 24 hours before we reach the planet so in the meantime just chill out and have some fun. You know your lodgings are on the middle deck. There are also general restaurants and bars on the floors above and below your room levels (so drink up, its free). Umm... let's see there is also a gym, a- wait... Ok I guess there's a night club on this beast, haha. And besides that theres an observatory room where you can watch the stars (most people probably just go there to make out though), and theres a library... that seems a little out of place."

"Oh yeah and theres only one rule: don't bother Captain Freeman... and I guess you shouldn't touch any loose wires or valves, also. Two rules then. If you've got a problem talk to me and I'll try and help you out. Hmm... Yeah that's it. Over and out."[/COLOR]

Though Ricky was quite unfamiliar with the ship and had short focusing skills he was in fact quite a skilled mechanic, pilot, and navigator.

OOC: Just introduce your characters and have them do as they please for a while, you'll reach the planet the next day and set foot on it shortly afterwards.

Ravi stared at the now blank monitors longer than neccessary. She rubbed her eyes and then looked around her room. "I think I'm prepared. Hmmm....So that means that I can go have some fun!" She smiled sweetly and bounced out of her room.
She rubbed her tummy and decided she could go for some grub. She skipped down to the next level and headed for the nearest restaurant. She stared at the menu for quite some time, much to the displeasure of those working there. She finally ordered and sat down to eat. She wondered if she should introduce herself to the others, but she had barely seen any of them since the voyage began. This place was so huge, she suspected that one could play hide-and-go-seek and not finish for days.
After that she bounded into the library and cozied up with some books. She planned to stay there until something else came up.

The monitor flickered off as he stepped from the shower. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"I hope that wasn't too important."[/COLOR] he said as he dried himself off.
Now fully dressed, he said to himself [COLOR=DARKSLATEBLUE]"I think I might as well see all this ship has to see."[/COLOR] His stomach growled. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"But first, I better find some grub."[/COLOR] With that, he headed out the door in search of the mess hall.

Buck knew exactly what waited for him outside of his lavish room... people. Instead of wandering about he sat at a desk before much machining gear making his own shells for the voyage while waiting for the food he had ordered via phone to arrive.

[COLOR=Sienna][B]"This is why we signed up for this job, Johnny my man,"[/B] Marcus said jovially, his voice muffled slightly by the thick cigar clenched between his teeth,[B] "The luxury! This is the life!" [/B]He reclined further in his padded sofa, his smile broadening.

His assistant, Johhny McElroy, was busily fiddling with some camera equipment, and making sure the lascaster they used to keep in contact with Earth was in working order. He was a thin man, with short-cropped hair and thick glasses, dressed in an Earthnews Net uniform. Looking at the pair, you wouldn't guess they were co-workers and best friends.
[B]
"Come on Johhny boy, have a cigar, sit down, ride the gravy train buddy. The equipment's fine - I checked it myself before we left - and we've got quite some time to kill before we touch down with earth."[/B] Marcus laughed heartily, blowing a plume of smoke out of his mouth.
[B]
"Legs,"[/B] Johhny said, using the nickname Marcus most disliked jokingly, looking up for his equipment, [B]"you should take this more seriously. If we mess this up Pink will have our heads." [/B]Johhny spoke of Ricky Pinksworth, their editor-in-chief back on Earth.
[B]
"Oh come on man, he doesn't need to know. It's not like we paid for these cigars with the studio's budget anyways, just sit down and relax." [/B]
[B]
"I guess you're right..."[/B] Johhny said, zipping up the bag he was fiddling around with, and standing up with a sigh, [B]"but shouldn't we be fraternizing with the passengers and crew, since that's really what we're here for, isn't it?" [/B]
[B]
"I love it when you use big words, Johhny."[/B] Marcus laughed. [B]"But you're right. Maybe I should head down to the food halls and interveiw some of the people there." [/B]

He got up and walked to the door, putting out his cigar and tucking it back into the pack, placing that within his pocket.[B] "Have fun with your cameras, minion. Don't screw anything up!"[/B] Marcus said playfully, laughing as he left the room. He could have sworn he heard a muffled 'Asshole...'
[/COLOR]

Yuri was on his way to the library before the man on the moniter had even mentioned it.Since he was the kind who always wanted to be one step ahead ,in any situation, he checked out all of the books that had infermation about the ships scimatics and blue prints,all the books about what scientists think the new planet might be like,and most important of all, he got to a computer and did backround checks on the other members of the expedition.

• 2 weeks later...
It didn't take him long to find a restaraunt, what with all the maps on the walls, pointing him in the right direction. When he got there he sat and waited to be served. The waiter arrived at the table shortly after, saying "Sorry for the wait, may I take your order?" to which Joseph replied [color=darkslateblue]"I want something hot to eat, and something cold to drink. And there'd better be lots of it."[/color] "I'm sorry, sir, but you're going to have to be more specific than that" the waiter said, slightly agitated.
[color=darkslateblue]"Then I'll have two steaks, nothin' fancy, and I want them cooked, none of this 'medium rare' crap that everyone is so crazy about. I'll have a baked potato covered in sour cream, shredded cheddar and black olives and a large glass of milk to go with that. There, is that specific enough for you?"[/color]
*I'll have that to you as soon as possible, sir"