OtakuBoards

Battle Buddha #1

Tank!

This is a piece that has been in development for sometime. I have a whole story plotted out in my head, but nothing continious on paper, just a few one page comics. Let me know what ya think.
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/retrovertigostudios/battle_buddha_500.jpg[/img]

While the name 'Battle Buddha' does have very nice alliteration, it?s kind of strange since Siddhartha Gautama, the Buddha, believed in peaceful ways so that you would not be reincarnated into a grasshopper or something similar in your next life. The ninjas are bothering me also, but this seems more like a fun actiony type comic, so I'm not going to be too picky about that.

The artwork is a completely different style than what I usually see, and it would be something that would bring in readers. However, I don't believe that your art style would be useful in a story with serious and/or romantic moments. It would be interesting for you to prove me wrong on that, though ^-^

That is part of the story, the conflict between what he has been taught [the teachings of the buddha] and what needs to be done in order to save the world or what have you. I'm glad you're not used to my style. It is not meant to be "serious" more within the vein of something like Samurai Jack. Most manga, in stores, the art work is all the same, no one really has their "own" style. I could possibly be posting my work in the wrong forum. Maybe my work doesn't fit into the "manga" gerne. ;) never the less, feed back is inspiring.