OtakuBoards

Harry Potter: Book The Seventh

cancer

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]I am wondering if anyone knows anything at all about the upcoming Harry Potter book. I really enjoy the Harry Potter books, and I can't wait to hopefully finish the series when the seventh book is released. So far, I have heard no details about the book, its title, or its release date. Please use this thread to post information about it when you find out. Thanks.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1]I've just read some online rumours that state that the seventh book in the ever-popular wizarding franchise will be released on July 7th, 2007. This is mainly based on the timings for the previous book releases (every book since [i]Goblet of Fire [/i]has come out around June/July), as well as the fact that July 7th is a Saturday, and the last three books have all been released on a Saturday.

Also, this date has special significance, as, in the last book, it is stated that seven is a powerful number, and the most magical of all numbers, it makes sense for the seventh book to be released on the seventh day of the seventh month 2007.

It just begs for the perfect release adverts. [i]Book 7. 7/7/07.

[/i]That's all I know currently, when I know more I will pass along the information.

(Also, as a sidenote, not really relevant to this part of the forum, the fifth movie should be coming out July 13, 2007, less than a week after the book. Mods, please don't eat me for this.)
[/size]

The site that will continue to fuel the rumor of the release date of 07/07/07 (hehe its funny that my kid will be turning 10 on this day. That would be awesome!!!!)

[URL=http://www.hpana.com/news.19200.html]Commentary: Harry Potter Book Seven[/URL]
Seventh book also rumored to be named (according to J.K. Rowling Site)

'Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat'

Little note taken from the site as well...

[I]The Pyramids of Furmat lie a few miles east of the famous Fortress of Shadows, not far from the magnificent Pillar of Storge. Many tourist prefer to view these ancient monuments at night, when they are illuminated by the Gree Flame Torch.[/I]

Another rumored name is 'Harry Potter and the Fortress of Shadow'

Other rumors can be found here...[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_7[/url]

[color=dimgray][i]While on her visit to India, Bloomsbury co-founder Liz Calder said in an interview that she suspects the final Harry Potter book will be released in 2007.[/i]
-Mugglenet.com

There is no official release date or title, and there are a limited hard facts about the book. They can also be found on Mugglenet, but I've posted them here. Don't read it if you don't want to find out anything, although I'd have to say nothing on the list is very shocking in the least.

[spoiler]Confirmed Information

On this page you can find several points of information we know about Book 7. Each of these points have been confirmed by an official source related to JK Rowling.

* Harry will face Voldemort for the final time
* Harry will be attempting to find and destroy Voldemort?s remaining Horcruxes
* Harry will return to the Dursleys' during the school vacation, but the magical protection Dumbledore arranged will expire on his 17th birthday when he comes of age
* Harry will visit Godric?s hollow
* The last word is expected to be "scar," but may change
* We will find out something "incredibly important" about Lily Potter
* We will find out who R.A.B is
* We will discover more about Dumbledore's past
* There will be no more Quidditch
* We will discover where Snape's loyalties lie. In an interview, Jo said:
Question: There?s an important kind of redemptive pattern to Snape.
JKR: He, um, there?s so much I wish I could say to you, and I can?t because it would ruin. I promise you, whoever asked that question, can I just say to you that I?m slightly stunned that you?ve said that and you?ll find out why I?m so stunned if you read Book 7. That?s all I?m going to say.
* Something will be revealed about Petunia Dursley, although it will not be that she is a squib
* We will discover the reason for Sirius' death, and see a reappearance of the two-way mirror
* Viktor Krum will return (World Book Day, 2004 interview)
* We will see a reappearance of Dolores Umbridge - "It's too much fun to torture her not to have another little bit more before I finish." (MuggleNet/Leaky Interview)
* We will see the wedding of Fleur and Bill Weasley
* We will finally learn the full reason why some people become ghosts when they die and others don't[/spoiler][/color]

[QUOTE=Hinata][URL=http://www.hpana.com/news.19200.html]Commentary: Harry Potter Book Seven[/URL]
Seventh book also rumored to be named (according to J.K. Rowling Site)

'Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat'

Little note taken from the site as well...

[I]The Pyramids of Furmat lie a few miles east of the famous Fortress of Shadows, not far from the magnificent Pillar of Storge. Many tourist prefer to view these ancient monuments at night, when they are illuminated by the Green Flame Torch.[/I][/url][/QUOTE][color=#b0000b][size=1]To anyone reading this, be aware that this is [i]not[/i] serious, but a joke about previous (incorrect) rumored names. I'd hate for someone to come in and mistakenly take it as gospel. :)[/color][/size]