OtakuBoards

Lava Lamp

so, today i was looking for a new avatar on the net, and i found some really cool ones. the trouble is, they were 100 by 100 pixels, and OB only lets you use 150 by 80 pixels. this bothered me alittle, and i was wondering if it could be changed to 100 by 100 pixels. what do you think?

[quote name='vegeta rocker']why would the otakuboards change an entire forum's setup when all you have to do is take into something as simple as MS Paint or as complex as Photoshop?[/quote]
maybe some people dont have those things on their computers,
or dont know how to use them

I agree with vegeta rocker. OB has a nice selection of avatars, and it would be a fairly big deal, I think, to have to remake them all in 100 by 100 size. I like to think of our avatars as widescreen movies while 100 by 100 are regular TV movies. :D They are special.

There are plenty of nice OB members in the Art Studio who would help you out with avatars if you give them a pic of what you want. They do both banners and avatars on request. Aren't they wonderful?

And yes, you can just fool around with MS Paint and Photshop to resize your avatar. Both my banner and avatar were made with pics of Kaori Yuki's found on the internet and edited in MS Paint, and they turned out okay (I think so, at least). Just try stretch and skew, if nothing else.

*Edit* I do believe one of the Art Studio stickies names one or two free programs to use, and even if you cannot do fancy effects, you can probably learn how to crop or resize pretty easily.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1]I give you one little sentance thing, Squares are out and Rectangles are just so much cooler. :cool:

However from what I can guess, that most of the Avatars that you found were GIF's or some kind of animation that was in between it. I believe that [URL=http://www.imageshack.us/]Imageshack[/URL] gives you the option to resize an image to 100x75 if you upload it with them. That should solve your resizing problem. If not then go with trying to find/ask someone to help you do it for you.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

I like the avatar sizes. They are different then other forum boards. If you need a image resized or banner you can go to the Art Request forum and some one will do it for you or make you one out of a bigger picture.

[color=#4B0082]150x80 isn't the only size you can use, those are simply the maximum dimensions. So if you find 100x100 avatars that you'd like to use you can resize them down to 80x80 and they'll work fine. Incidentally, 80x80 was the maximum size we allowed before switching to 150x80.

Everyone has MS Paint (well, anyone with Windows, though I'd think Macs would come with a basic graphics program as well), so unless you're needing to resize an animated image, you can do that easily enough. And, frankly, there's no excuse for not knowing how to use MS Paint; it's extremely basic and simple. For the more complicated changes you can also post a request in the Art by Request forum.

So I'm afraid the 150x80 limit is going to stay, at least until the next major site redesign. If we were to change the limit every time it didn't match up with an avatar someone wanted to use, it would be changing constantly.[/color]