OtakuBoards

Angels & Airwaves

PaganAngel

Please, someone, ANYONE, tell me you've heard of Angels & Airwaves! They're a new band that just released its debut album, We Don't Need to Whisper, a few weeks back. Their lead singer is Tom Delonge from Blink 182. I stole my brother's CD when he was at work, and I was afraid this would just be a Blink clone minus Mark and Travis, but I was surprised to find AVA has a totally original sound! Much less on the punk side of things. I actually think it's an improvement, to be honest! I'm so jealous... my brother gets to go to an AVA concert in Sacremento in July. Well, that's okay, cause I still have his CD. ^^

[quote name='CoLoR_Me_EviL][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I've been listening to A&A for over a month now ^__^ They're not my favourite band, but they are quite good and I do love me some Tom D. I think the intros to their songs are wayy too long o_o;;[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
Yeah, they are pretty long, huh? Like the first song on the CD, that's like three minutes long. But some of the intros are good. Like I will stop and rewind my MP3 player just to listen to the intro to The Adventure over and over again.

They are fantastic. I love them. I really enjoy listening to their whole CD, because I get really deep into it. They have such meaningful words, and lyrics that I can relate to, and usually most of the time, it's how I feel about my Love.

They're a great band, that's all I have to say.

Guest leyoko
[SIZE=1]Oh A&A is great,awesome thing is they're coming to my state next month cause they're opening for Taking Back Sunday.Terrible thing is,when I wanted to get tickets they were sold out ):[/SIZE]

[quote name='leyoko][SIZE=1']Oh A&A is great,awesome thing is they're coming to my state next month cause they're opening for Taking Back Sunday.Terrible thing is,when I wanted to get tickets they were sold out ):[/SIZE][/quote]

[font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"]Yeah, the show my brother's going to sold out in, like, minutes. Plus, he's got a ticket for right up front. He's gonna camp out front of the concert place the night before. XD[/size][/color][/font]

[quote="Vegetruks"]They are fantastic. I love them. I really enjoy listening to their whole CD, because I get really deep into it. They have such meaningful words, and lyrics that I can relate to, and usually most of the time, it's how I feel about my Love.

They're a great band, that's all I have to say.[/quote]
[font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"]I agree. ^^ Their lyrics... you can tell a lot of effort went into them. "I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder/I laid them out in stone in case they need to last forever." That's not something most people could dream of writing.[/size][/color][/font]

[SIZE=1]Angels and Airwaves, as my more nerdy friends would say, is "teh uber swag". From the first time I heard "The Adventure" I was completely hooked. I listened to all the songs I could find on their site (I don't do that pirate thing). What got me was, the four songs I listened to were all perfectly fine. I rush to get their CD, We Don't Need to Whisper, and what do I see? Parental Advisory?

Deus ex machina! What's up with that? Needless to say I was annoyed, because sadly, I'm underage (though not by much), and if I asked my parents..wouldn't be fun. Can anyone tell me [I]why[/I] it is parental advisory?

I've gotta get that CD soon.

~Ryo[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Ryo the Tactician][SIZE=1]Angels and Airwaves, as my more nerdy friends would say, is "teh uber swag". From the first time I heard "The Adventure" I was completely hooked. I listened to all the songs I could find on their site (I don't do that pirate thing). What got me was, the four songs I listened to were all perfectly fine. I rush to get their CD, We Don't Need to Whisper, and what do I see? Parental Advisory?

Deus ex machina! What's up with that? Needless to say I was annoyed, because sadly, I'm underage (though not by much), and if I asked my parents..wouldn't be fun. Can anyone tell me [I]why[/I] it is parental advisory?

I've gotta get that CD soon.

~Ryo[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font="Gill Sans MT Condensed"][color="#993366"][size="2"]I have no idea why it's Parental Advisory. It's pretty clean compared to, say, Blink 182. I think it only drops the F-bomb maybe twice. I really don't get that. I had no idea it was Parental Advisory, though. That's bizarre.[/size][/color][/font]