OtakuBoards

Prey

Kitchen Sink

Now this is a game that I can really see myself updating my laggin ole PC for, the visuals are stunning.

[URL=http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=prey200606230102511278da.jpg][IMG]http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/743/prey200606230102511278da.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I stumbled across Prey reveiws at IGN when I was doing the rounds on future games and whatnot, and, thinking it was a game based upon the Crichton novel, I decided to take a look at the game, being the Prey novel fan that I am.

My initial response was dissapointment that this is not in fact, a game based on Michael Chrictons novel, but my dissapointment turned to intrigue when I read up on what the game is all about.

Basically, it's a FPS shooter where you play as a guy called Tommy who is abducted by aliens, and ends up fighting the aliens to save humanity, oh, and get a little on the side. :p pretty b-movie grade kinda stuff.

But I'm intrigued at the things you will be able to do in-game, and how elements I consider to be more in the realm of a 3rd person adventure will come across in the first-person game. These are the details form the horses mouth...

[quote name='IGN']In Prey, players enter a living spaceship which enslaves alien races and devours humans for lunch. A unique twist on the first person shooter genre, Prey features such innovations as the ability to walk on walls, manipulate gravity and perform a "spirit walk" by leaving your physical body behind. Designed by Human Head (under the direction of 3D Realms), Prey features full online support for up to eight players, utilizing the game's play innovations for unique multiplayer experiences.[/quote]

Is this game the next Halo? If there is room for 8 players, I sure hope there is room for massive deathmatches or something, perhaps some teams can opt to be the aliens, which I would have loved to do in the Halo games.

In general, do you think Prey is all it's chaled up to be, or would you rather have a game pased on the Chrichton novel?

[quote name='Silly?']Amazing Graphics :animesmil[/quote]

You have to elaborate in your posts. I also recommend reading the sticky thread "How to Post in Play It."

Simply contributing a small sentence fragment isn't good enough and these kind of posts will be deleted in the future.