OtakuBoards

Dreamworld Rocks!

liamc2

I've been meaning to do this for ages, and I wouldn't be surprised if it got closed right away. Anyhow a while back I visited Dreamworld (themepark in Aus) and I would like to say it is the coolest!!! heres some piccys of the rides and some info:

Giant Drop
Fast facts
· Riders' legs dangle freely from the open air 8-seat gondolas.
· The Giant Drop shares the tower that supports the Tower of Terror.
· What's stopping you? A sophisticated magnetic braking system stops the gondolas metres from the ground.
· Free fall time is 5 seconds. The winch to the top takes approximately 90 seconds.
· Falling 120 metres is the equivalent of falling from a 39-storey building.

cool huh? I went on that ride twice. BTW how do I put more than 1 piccy in a post?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]I've been meaning to do this for ages, and I wouldn't be surprised if it got closed right away. Anyhow a while back I visited Dreamworld (themepark in Aus) and I would like to say it is the coolest!!! heres some piccys of the rides and some info:

Giant Drop
Fast facts
· Riders' legs dangle freely from the open air 8-seat gondolas.
· The Giant Drop shares the tower that supports the Tower of Terror.
· What's stopping you? A sophisticated magnetic braking system stops the gondolas metres from the ground.
· Free fall time is 5 seconds. The winch to the top takes approximately 90 seconds.
· Falling 120 metres is the equivalent of falling from a 39-storey building.

cool huh? I went on that ride twice. BTW how do I put more than 1 piccy in a post? [/B][/QUOTE]

Tower of terror, sux, 2 hours lining up, 7 second ride, i hated it. Giant drop rules, but when i was there it was still being built :(

Ahah! next ride (i'm only doing a few, that I can get piccies of)

600 tonnes of steel
Plus 2.2 megawatts of power
Plus 160 kph
Plus 4.5Gs
Plus 38 storeys
Plus 100 metre vertical free-fall backward
EQUALS
Tower of Terror
Tower of Power - Really Fast Facts
The 2.2 megawatts of power used at take-off is enough to supply a small town and for these six seconds, Dreamworld's power usage in the park doubles.
Riders experience 6.5 seconds of weightlessness.
The 'L'-shaped track stretches 330 metres horizontally - or the equivalent of three football fields.
The ride is propelled by electro-magnetic forces.

Thunderbolt

Australia's fastest double-loop rollercoaster - the almighty 'Thunderbolt' has been tracked at speeds of up to 87 kph ? so catch it - if you can.

The striking 'Thunderbolt' structure can be found in the heart of Country Fair - just look for the two massive 21 metre-high loops and the terrifying 31-metre ramp to the top.

Since opening in 1982, The 'Thunderbolt' has travelled more than 1.5 million kilometres and carried more than 15 million passengers.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]

Tower of terror, sux, 2 hours lining up, 7 second ride, i hated it. Giant drop rules, but when i was there it was still being built :( [/B][/QUOTE]

mmmf HAH :blulaugh: towerofterror took me 15 minutes, the first time, and 20 the next!
the giant drop took an hour and a half though, but it was worth it!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by liamc2 [/i]
[B]

mmmf HAH :blulaugh: towerofterror took me 15 minutes, the first time, and 20 the next!
the giant drop took an hour and a half though, but it was worth it! [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, i just went on the wipeout and gravatron instead. :)

yup it was, i was on it and someone who worked there said "stick out your arms and legs!" (this was when we were at the top, and it stopped) so me and my friends did, and the ride dropped and went straight down to the water. It was the coolest feeling you could ever get! besides the Giant drop that is.