OtakuBoards

the evlors

beckywilford

The Evlors
He stood watching the horror unfold below him. The balcony stretched across the side of the building, giving him a clear view of the almost hypnotic balls of fire bursting into the night sky. He shook his head silently, and went inside, turning his back on the disaster unfolding in his home city.
He looked up and saw a panting figure sillhoueted in the doorway.
"Ontaro!" The figure panted, leaning against the door frame for support, "You have to help us! We are overwhelmed, the Evlors have sent in reinforcments and they are destroying everything around them!"

The man called Ontaro silently walked over to the corner and picked up his gun, before moving back to the balcony. Once there, he climbed up onto the edge and jumped, making the man behind him gasp and run to the edge. He needn't have worried, as he watched Ontaro soar away into the distance. He sighed in relief, knowing that if Ontaro was helping, earth would be safe...

The year is 3130, and the earth is at war. The Evlors, once faithful slaves to humans, have turned against us and have proved to be worthy foes. Until now, Ontaro has been keeping out of the fighting, but has been forced to help. The Evlors are winning because of their sheer numbers, and the humans are gradually being pushed back.

Xalt disembowelled another evlor and spun to face the next foe. Driving his left blade through his enemies heart whilst at the same time stabbing his right blade through an evlor coming up behind him. An officer ran up to him and yelled "Theres too many of them, we cant hold them all off. This hill is going to fall."
"Rubbish." replied Xalt. "As long as im here nothings gonna get through, noone can beat me." He still held this belief as another legion of foes joined the battle. His platoon was down to twelve men but he still thought they could hold. The evlors retreated to the bottom of the hill and regrouped, preparing for a charge. Everyone except Xalt braced themselves and prepared to die.

The evlors started their charge. They ran up the hill with swords at the ready, preferring them to guns. Xalt planted both of his feet firmly on the ground and grinned at the approaching enemy, with a defiant expression on his face. [I]No one can take me down[/I] thought Xalt, raising his sword as the Evlors were almost upon him.
A shadow went over both platoons and Xalt's men looked up in fear, expecting a new type of attack. Instead their fearful expressions turned to relief as they saw it was Ontaro. However, their attention quickly turned back to the battle field when the Evlors swarmed over the men like ants. Xalt raised his swrod ready to strike when everything around suddenly stopped, frozen in battle. Ontaro landed gently beside him, his expression caught between amusement and anger.
"Did you really think you could take on over 200 Evlors with just 12 men?" He asked.

"Ten men, i could do it on my own. Why did you have to help, we had them beaten. Anyway, since when did you endorse the war. I thought it was "A pointless excersie of brawn over brains that always ended in death." Thats what you said when i enlisted"
Xalt charged a evlor trying to disembowel one of his soldiers and turned back to Ontaro. "Anyway, i learnt some new skills and was holding out till the last minute."
"skills like what exactly?" Asked Ontaro.
"Skills like this." Xalt replied and launched a fireball into a group of evlors.
The leader took most of the blast and disolved in blue flames, the rest of the group were thrown backwards, their flaming corpses landing on the rest of the evlors charging up the hill. The flames spread quickly, setting light to everything they touched and destoying half the attack force. "Woah!" Exclaimed Xalt. "Used to much power." He collapsed backwards onto the ground and started snoring.

[b][size=1]beckywilford [/size][/b][size=1]and [b]onetrueewok[/b], please refer to my post in the sign-up thread for this very RP. You need a thread rating, and it might help to wait until after you've got more than one sign-up to start the RP itself.

Also, check out the [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=44318"][b]Adventure Square Basics Sticky[/b][/url]. As I stated in my previous warning, it will help a great deal.

[b]Thread Closed[/b]
[/size]