Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I'm looking for a website that I can type the word in english and it will translate it into kanji for me. I would like it if the kanji was presented in calligraphy, but beggers can't be choosers.
Posted
[COLOR=#656446][url=http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr]Babelfish[/url] is the only site that comes to mind when I'm in need of a quick translation. It's good for translating phrases and words but it has a reputation for mangling/raping complex sentences.[/COLOR]
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms]The one I usually use is [URL=http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html][u]here, at Worldlingo;[/u][/URL] again, it can only handle single words, really. I don't know of any sites that'll present in calligraphy, but [URL=http://www.thejapanesepage.com][u]The Japanese Page[/u][/URL] has a Kanji-search function - you copy and paste your kanji into a box and if it's in their database it'll bring up a page with the kanji (in calligraphy), on and kun readings, English translations and common usages. It's a long way around but it's the only way I know - Japanese Page is brilliant for general Japanese learning, too, if you're after that.[/font]
Posted
[URL=http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdic.html]Jim Breen's site[/url] isn't one for quick, basic translations (I've spent entire days there furiously taking down the synonyms that come up), but I haven't found better. Or more extensive, at least.

Good luck finding calligraphy, though. Your best bet might be to get the basic word you're looking for, paste it into google images, and see if something pretty comes up in the results.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...