OtakuBoards

Play It Official Seal

Ellerby

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]This is an idea I've been pondering about the past few days. You know how there are the official game threads in Play It?

I was thinking that instead of people making multiple game threads and the moderators having to close them and direct them to another one, the moderators of Play It (if the thread for the game is good) could edit the first post of the thread and add a seal that makes that particular thread the [b]official[/b] thread.

I think the main use of the seal would be to let people know wether or not they should post in a certain thread. If there is no seal, then maybe you shouldn't be allowed to post in the thread. This wouldn't stop people from making a thread for a game that already has a thread, but it [i]would[/i] stop people from starting to post in that thread.

I guess this could also be used in Anime Lounge but I wouldn't really know since I almost [I]never[/I] post there.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I dunno, I don't really see this doing much. I'm not sure how often the thread directories in the Anime Lounge and Manga Workshop are updated, but for Play It I update the directory as soon as I see a new game/series/system thread and confirm that there isn't duplicate. So people can already use the directory to see whether they can create a thread or if they should post in the one already there.

As for people posting in duplicate threads, that's not really a problem; the duplicates can be merged with the original easily enough if the conversation is worthwhile. The issue is with duplicate threads being created in the first place. Once one has been created, it's the same amount of work to merge or close it no matter how many replies the thread has.[/color]

[color=darkred]I agree with Desbreko. As much as we urge members to run a search before making a new thread on a particular topic, it's still no trouble to simply merge duplicates with originals, all thanks to the Play It Thread Directory. But the problem of members duplicating threads still remains.[/color]