Redemption Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 [size=1][b]Jericho[/b] starts tonight on Channel 10 in Australia. The storyline is about this town that supposably is the only town that survives a nuclear attack (not directly of course). When I saw the advertisements on TV, it reminded me of a book I read in grade 10 called [b]Z for Zachariah[/b]. The storyline is very very similar. The only difference is that a valley, populated by a few families, was spared. It's written from the perspective of a young girl whose parents go over the mountains to the other side and never come back. I was wondering what your thoughts are on its storyline and if you would watch it. For example, my sister refuses to watch it because it is too near a reality for her. I'm actually excited because its storyline is so similar to the afore mentioned book.[/size]
vegeta rocker Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 I loved the book Z for Zachariah; so if you say this show sounds alot like it then i would definetly watch it. I think some people think it hits too close to home i guess; they don't want to imagine living in a world like that.
John Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 Hah, I remember [u]Z for Zachariah[/u]. :P Jericho looks somewhat interesting to me, but I'm also worried it's just a reaction to those other continuous-storyline drama/mysteries out there like 24 and Lost. I'll catch the premiere if I can (though it won't be for a while in America), and if I don't like it then oh well. lol
Shinmaru Posted September 21, 2006 Posted September 21, 2006 [quote name='John']Jericho looks somewhat interesting to me, but I'm also worried it's just a reaction to those other continuous-storyline drama/mysteries out there like 24 and Lost. I'll catch the premiere if I can (though it won't be for a while in America), and if I don't like it then oh well. lol[/quote] Actually, Jericho premiered last night. I didn't watch it, though, because I can't say that I'm very interested in it lol.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now