OtakuBoards

Labyrinth (M-VLS)

Sandy

[font=Palatino Linotype][center][size=1]This event is rated M for Mature with excessive violence, crude language and possible adult situations.[/size]

[i]Where legends come to life
Where fairy tales are reality
Where dreams are seen with eyes wide open
Where there is no escape
Where is the Labyrinth?[/i]

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth3.png[/IMG][/center]

[size=5][u]The Forewords[/u][/size]

Welcome to Labyrinth. This will be the only out-of-character post you see in this thread, all other off-game discussion should be posted to the Labyrinth Nexus. To be allowed to post in this thread, you must be one of the seven players who have been approved to join this event. However, nothing stops you to read along as the story progresses, and the destinies of the fifteen strangers wandering inside the Labyrinth unfold.

To the players, I?ll give some guidelines how to start this game. You are all (hopefully) aware that you are entitled to kill off one character per week, but [i]before a character can be killed, he or she must have been properly introduced in a previous post[/i]. That introduction can be done by any player, and it basically means writing to the game in the perspective of that particular character. If you have questions about this guideline, send them to me by private message or ask them at the Nexus.

Other than that, there?s no limit to how many times you can post or what can happen in your posts. Please [I]note[/I] that I might have made some slight alterations to your characters, just to give them some more diversity. But enough talk now, it?s time to begin. Let?s make this journey through the Labyrinth a memorable one, people!

[size=5][u]The Players[/u][/size]

[B]BKStyles
Eclipse
Ezekiel
indifference
Sakura
SunfallE
Tekkaman[/B]
&
[B]Sandy[/B]

[size=5][u]The Characters[/u][/size]

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-ayame.png[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Ayame[/size] Hisa
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Age:[/b] 24
[b]Origin:[/b] Japan
[b]Occupation:[/b] Jewel Thief
[b]Power:[/b] A common power of fairies, Ayame can shrink herself down to the size of a gnat, annoying and/or stealing anything she wants. Ayame is often seen busting through another's worn garments, wallet or jewelry usually in her possession.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-callisto.png[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Callisto[/size] Obertelli
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Age:[/b] 24
[b]Origin:[/b] Italy
[b]Occupation:[/b] Biology Teacher
[b]Power:[/b] The ability to transform into one of three things: a bird, an elephant or a lizard. This is the power the cultural founder hero of the Bushmen, Tchue, had.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-constance.jpg[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Constance[/size] Breck
[b]Age:[/b] 15
[b]Origin:[/b] Oregon, USA
[b]Occupation:[/b] Student
[b]Power:[/b] She has the ability to either briefly halt time for about ten seconds or to slow it down for about fifteen seconds. Leaving her or anyone within five feet of her if she chooses it the ability to move unaffected. Doing so takes a certain amount of strength so she is limited based on how rested she is. This power requires the use of a locket given to her by her grandmother that she wears all the time. This power comes from the ancient god Kronos as if to protect her from the same fate he visited on his own children.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-feng.jpg[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Feng[/size] Li
[b]Age:[/b] 12
[b]Origin:[/b] China
[b]Occupation:[/b] Child
[b]Power:[/b] Within this child is embedded the spirit of the legendary Phoenix, the mythical symbol of fire, life and rebirth in several different cultures. Her greatest ability is to be able to heal the wounded, however since the strict rules of the Labyrinth, she is unable to revive the dead. Having a spirit of flame residing in her, Feng can control the element, able to make fireballs in her hands; this can aid as a light source, or for attacking an enemy.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-janet.jpg[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Janet[/size] Peterson
[b]Age:[/b] 37
[b]Origin:[/b] Nevada, USA
[b]Occupation:[/b] Mother of three
[b]Power:[/b] She has gained the power of Mother Earth in that she can either grow plants or cause current ones to wither or to grow stronger.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-joachim.png[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Joachim[/size] Gale
[b]Age:[/b] 16
[b]Origin:[/b] Germany
[b]Occupation:[/b] High School Student
[b]Power:[/b] Joachim wields the magically imbued ceremonial sword of Shinto Japanese legend known as The Kusanagi. The sword has the ability to control the many aspects of the spirit, and has thus imbued it?s power into Joachim as well. Joachim is also closely watched over by the Kusanagi, under it?s spiritual protection that the sword holds for it?s wielder.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-kalas.jpg[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Kalas[/size] Harrison
[b]Age:[/b] 23
[b]Origin:[/b] Australia
[b]Occupation:[/b] College Student
[b]Power:[/b] He has the ability to manipulate air, creating what appears to be shimmering blades that will slice through various materials. This depends solely on their proximity to him and the durability of the item. For example slicing through wood is fairly easy where the wind blades would only scratch harder stone material. Though they lose their force rather quickly and only fly outward for about two feet. The last half foot being nothing more than a stiff breeze that would push an object away instead of cutting it. This power comes from the winged Argonauts Calais and Zetes, only instead of gaining the power to grow wings he gained the ability to manipulate air using his hands.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-keene.png[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Keene[/size] Dalsten
[b]Age:[/b] 14
[b]Origin:[/b] California, USA.
[b]Power:[/b] Power taken from Medusa herself, Keene has the ability to turn his enemies to stone just by looking at them when threatened; however, the object is petrified only temporarily.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-leon.jpg[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Leon[/size] Neméum
[b]Age:[/b] 25
[b]Origin:[/b] France
[b]Occupation:[/b] Lawyer
[b]Power:[/b] Leon has acquired the amazing ability to change his form. His transformation is that in the likeness of a Nemean Lion. The Nemean Lion is an amazing creature, larger than a normal lion, with skin so thick that it is impenetrable to normal weapons, and deadly sharp claws and teeth. He can transform by will quite easily, but he will also sometimes morph when angered or agitated greatly, usually beginning with his eyes in a sign of warning. An added bonus is the fact that he's able to choose certain parts of his body to change; like eyes for better vision, ears for greater sound range, etc.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-lita.png[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Lita[/size] Rossi
[b]Age:[/b] 18
[b]Origin:[/b] Italy
[b]Occupation:[/b] Student of Music
[b]Power:[/b] When Lita sings her voice soothes those who hear it, having a calming effect upon them. Her voice can calm beasts as well as people. If she sings for long enough people can be put into a kind of hypnotised state or even fall asleep. When Lita sings at a certain frequency she can heal any wounds on herself or those around her.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-mary.png[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Mary [/size] Summers
[b]Age:[/b] 9
[b]Origin:[/b] England
[b]Power:[/b] The gift of a Golden Arrow, which can cure as well as render the holder invisible and allow them to fly. This arrow was given to a priest named Abaris by the sun god, Apollo, himself.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-maya.jpg[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Maya[/size] Ashnard
[b]Age:[/b] 39
[b]Origin:[/b] Egypt
[b]Occupation:[/b] Calligrapher
[b]Power:[/b] Maya upon awakening within the labyrinth has been bestowed with the ability of the shamanistic style of magic known throughout Norse mythology as Seid. Difficult to master, Seid magic involves the manipulation of certain aspects of the weather through highly concentrated incantations and hand motions. Because of the power of Seid, Maya is also more astute to the spiritual aspect of her surroundings as she can sense ill-omens and while she cannot directly communicate with the spirits of the dead, she can sense the presence of supernatural phenomena. Whether she can decipher any of it is not guaranteed, but is dependent on her own mental energy.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-scott.png[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Scott[/size] Sheppard
[b]Age:[/b] 36
[b]Origin:[/b] England
[b]Occupation:[/b] Architect
[b]Power:[/b] Scott discovered he had the power to create bolts of lightning when he struck his fists against a hard object, or forcefully stuck his fists together. The force of the electricity created depends on how hard he strikes something and is also determined by his mood. The lightning bolts are a lot more accurate and less dangerous to others (that are not his target) when he channels them through objects that easily conduct electricity. These objects can be anything from metal rods, pipes, wires, or even tools such as a hammer.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-steven.jpg[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Steven[/size] Lund
[b]Age:[/b] 13
[b]Origin:[/b] Ontario, Canada
[b]Power:[/b] Just as Styx was bound to tell only the truth, he has gained a variant of that ability enabling him see the truth. This power makes it possible for him to see traps and the weakness in others. Though his young age makes it hard for him to completely understand how the information is actually useful.
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-vanna.jpg[/IMG][b]Name:[/b] [size=5]Vanna[/size] Polunochnaya
[b]Age:[/b] 71
[b]Origin:[/b] Russia
[b]Occupation:[/b] Retired Ballerina
[b]Power:[/b] She was endowed with the might of the Ice Queen, an ageless spirit of winter. Her skin changed from wrinkled to frigid smooth, and her hair from dirty grey to pure white. The only thing that remained untouched was her cold and bitter heart. However, her true power lies in her ability to freeze anything she touches, enclosing it into a thick layer of ice.

[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/round1.jpg[/IMG]
[size=5]The Awakening[/size]
[i]?Like all roads lead to Rome, all paths lead to the Nexus?[/i][/center]

[i]Where is it? ?It must be somewhere here? But it?s so dark I can?t see anything? I have to find it! ?There? Something?s there? What?s that light? ?Like an opening door?Am I there?[/i]

Constance Breck woke up to a bright sunshine. She thought it was really weird, since she had thick blinders in front of the windows in her room. She really wasn?t a morning person, and there was nothing she detested more than the phrase ?rise and shine?.

Her awful dream still spun around in her mind as she sat up? and saw that she wasn?t in her bed anymore, but in some sort of rectangular hole. Sun was shining from a cloudless sky above. The walls of the hole were about three feet tall and made of dirt.

Constance felt her stomach wrench. She had a bad feeling?

?[B]I must still be dreaming?[/B]? she whispered. Building up her courage, she stood up and climbed out of the hole. Just as she thought.

?[B]Aaah![/B]? She screamed because she was staring at a gravestone with her name on it. Quickly she got up and dusted her clothes. Then she took a look around.

She was in a small circular field surrounded by tall hedges. There were more than a dozen similar graves located in a circle around the field, with a stone plate in the middle. Other people were climbing up from the graves, but Constance didn?t really notice them. She was drawn to the stone plate.

When she reached the plate, she made out what was carved to it. It was a star ? like a compass ? with the word NEXUS written around it.[/font]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Kalas Harrison hadn?t even opened his eyes, but yet he knew something was off. For one thing it felt like he was lying on rocks and dirt instead of the worn yet comfortable mattress in his apartment. And why in the world was there bright sunshine? Had his roommate left the blinds open again? He knew Kalas hated it when he did that. He opened his eyes only to see that he was in what appeared to be a rectangular hole made of dirt about three feet high.

?[B]What the hell?[/B]? He muttered to himself. Quickly he stood up and climbed out of the hole. He had barely stood up when a short scream caught his attention. It was a young girl with blonde hair, staring at a gravestone. He was close enough that he could see the name Constance Breck on it. [i]I wonder why that upset her[/i]? He thought.

Curious he turned back to the hole he had been lying in. With a startled oath he realized that there was a gravestone there with his name [I]Kalas Harrison[/I] on it. If his name was on the gravestone next to the hole he had been in then Constance Breck must have been her name.

Kalas looked around, he along with other people who were also climbing out of the graves, appeared to be in a small circular field surrounded by tall hedges. In the center there was a stone plate. Constance had already walked over to it. Kalas followed her and took a look for himself. The word nexus was written around a star, shaped like a compass.

[I]Nexus[/I]? [I]Just what in the world is that suppose to mean[/I]? He wondered. [I]And how did I get here[/I]?

More of the people began to gather around the stone plate, but yet no one seemed inclined to speak. They all seemed just as confused as he felt. And just as spooked. The eerie quietness of the place, the graves with people?s names on them. The whole thing was downright creepy.

Kalas gathered his courage and finally asked, ?[B]I don?t suppose any of you know what the hell is going on here?[/B]? [/COLOR]

[font=tahoma][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]A young women, appearing to be in her early twenties rubbed the back of her head as she turned to the first outward speaker amongst the group. Nothing had really settled in yet except for the pain in the back of her head, the tedious climbing she had done to bring herself out of the hole she had mysteriously found herself in, and the voices of other people...which was the only comfort at the time. She shakily brought herself to her feet and looked down at the gravestone infront of the hole she had just come out of. Needless to say, the name on it was hers as well. She read it to herself, [b][i]'Ayame Hisa'[/i][/b].

[b]"Oh god...I have no clue what IS going on here but I don't like it"[/b] Ayame said in a nervous voice.

She then looked over at another hole where she saw a young boy climbing out, looking not even old enough to be a teen. His blond hair had dirt in it from the hole and it seemed like he had yet to look up at the tombstone. She thought to herself it would probably be best if he didn't.

[b][i]'Children too...what in the world IS this place?'[/b][/i]

Ayame quickly tried to recall what she had done before retiring to bed, but she could think of nothing out of the ordinary. Everything was so unclear, it really did feel like a dream. She was used to her sweet and serene dreams, where she could walk freely along the banks of a river or even in a secluded forest surrounded by mountains. Something quiet and nice, nothing like the grim nature she stood within now.

She walked over beside Kalas and Constance and peered down at the star with the word [i]Nexus[/i] written on it.

[b]"Nexus? Is that where we are?"[/b]

Constance turned to her, now more aware that they were joined by others.

[b]"I...I don't know...I'm just as clueless as you I'm afraid. My name is Constance by the way."[/b] she said, hoping a formal introduction would help ease the atmosphere.

[b]"Ayame is my name"[/b] Ayame answered in a still uncertain tone. Kalas, Ayame, and Constance turned their attention from the stone plate they had been looking at and took notice not only to the diversity in the ages and looks of the other people, but their surroundings. The hedges, the stones, the darkened sky with only lines of red as if the sun were being suffocated by the density of the clouds. A dream...no, a nightmare would be the most reasonable explanation for all of this. But the truth indeed was that nobody, not a single one of them were dreaming.[/COLOR][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Awaking - finding herself in a small rectangular hole completely unrecognizable to her - a beautiful teenage woman scampered to her feet along with several others from several feet away; the other people soon realizing that they too were sleeping in holes. The teenager, after standing in the hole and collecting her bearings, turned around to take in her background -[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]- seeing her very own named tombstome.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]A shriek escaped her lips deafening everyone to the point to where they wanted to take refuge back in their holes until the noise subsided. Even people who may've been dead in the room containing the homemade graves would have been awakened from the noise. Finally, the girl resumed her control, frightened none the less still at the tombstone bearing her birth name.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=gray][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"But... i'm not... dead..."[/color] She said aloud in her head. [color=indigo]"...I'm not. I just turned 18 and... and..."[/color] She began to sob, not knowing anything about anything up till now.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=gray][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"Where am I?"[/color] She finally said, choking through a whisper.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=gray][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"It looks like a field... of sorts,"[/color] Said another woman. [color=indigo]"...Quite difficult to tell without more information."[/color][/size][/font][/color]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]The teenager looked up to see a older woman - somewhat in her mid 30s - looking around as well. Their graves were next to each other - all of the graves from the teenage girl's perspective were creating a giant sphere - and the older woman's grave had a tombstone at the rear as well. The teenager read the name at once.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=gray][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"Maya Ashnard."[/color] The teenager said absentmindedly. The older woman snapped her head to look at the girl in response.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=gray][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"Yes?"[/color] Maya answered.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=gray][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"Your name... is beautiful."[/color] The girl said, seeing other people look up from their graves wondering the same thing she had wondered minutes ago. The sun beamed down on her face.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=gray][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"Thank you."[/color] Maya answered back, staring at the girl's body as she climbed out of her grave. She was very beautiful, to say at the very least. The teen had a full figure, C cup breats and thick thighs, along with a face pretty enough to eat. Maya wouldn't have been suprised if the girl had said she was modeling. However, Maya didn't expect to hear the most beautiful voice she'd ever heard; the soothing sounds melting away any feeling of fear she had in her heart. She opened her eyes to see if the teenager was listening to the same sound that she was hearing but to Maya's surprise, the teenager was the one singing.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=gray][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"So... serene..."[/color] Maya managed to say, as if in a trance. Her few words snapped the girl from her short-lived singing.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=gray][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"I'm so sorry."[/color] The teenager said, turning pink around the ears. [color=indigo]"I sing when i'm nervous. Hope you didn't mind."[/color][/size][/font][/color]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Maya, instead of looking at the teen, looked instead at the tombstone of the girl instead.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=gray][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"... Lita Rossi?"[/color] Maya said. Maya noticed that mentioning her name without formal introduction only added to the pink of her ears.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=indigo][font=Century Gothic][size=1]"Yes?" [color=gray]Lita spoke, her voice breaking as if she was pinched lightly on her bottom.[/color][/size][/font][/color]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"I didn't mind at all."[/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=#4b0082]==========O==========[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[left][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Hope that's ok [color=indigo]Sandy[/color].[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[SIZE=1]Callisto rolled over in his hole, he could hear voices and they ranged in tone from older to younger. He became quite confused by this, had he fallen asleep at school again? It was bright, which meant morning. Maybe those voices he could hear were students and other teachers. Cursing himself for working late yet again Callisto opened his eyes. He came face to face with a dirt wall; a pink earthworm was wriggling around in a small hole, desperate to get out of the bright sunlight. Callisto gently plucked the worm from its hole and buried it in the floor of his pit.

He stood up now quite confused that somehow his office at school had turned into a deep pit in the ground. He clambered up the side of the pit rather hastily; perhaps this was just another one of his student?s jokes? Callisto stretched his arm over the lip of his hole and felt around; his hand came into contact with someone?s ankle. Whoever they were, they were female, he realized this after the loud shriek of surprise that came from the person.

Hoisting himself out of the rectangular hole, Callisto stretched and scratched the back of his head in an apologetic manor with a wide friendly grin on his face.

[B]?I?m sorry about that.?[/B] He said, looking at his victim. She was very young and small. She looked afraid, to tell the truth terrified. He bent down to her eye level and gave her a big smile which seemed to ease her a bit. He probably thought he was a zombie or something.

[B]?My name is Callisto, what?s yours?? [/B] He gave her another big smile, which earned him one back from the little girl. She seemed to recover quite quickly from shock. She looked just as confused as he was.

[B]?My name is Mary sir.?[/B] She gave him a slight curtsy. He gauged her age somewhere between 8 and 10. Looking around at the others that were also gathered, she looked to be the youngest so far.

[B]?Pleased to meet you Mary??[/B] At that point Callisto?s eyes rested on his hole and the stone in front of it. [I]?Callisto Obertelli? [/I] was engraved on it, he looked across to young Mary?s hole and she had her name also engraved into a stone in front of her grave. Everyone seemed to have these grave stones in front of their holes.

[B]?Graves? My, how odd.?[/B] He said out loud, walking around the side of his grave to inspect the stone. Another thing caught his attention at that point. A stone in the middle of the graves, he walked over to it and examined it. It was engraved with a star and the word Nexus. It was then that he noticed the others also standing near the stone and smiled at them.

[I]?Nexus? [/I] in biology that was a special area of the cellular membrane that helps cells to communicate or adhere but, in this case it probably meant a connected group or simply a connection. [B]?A connected group?? [/B] He spoke, thinking out loud. Callisto then looked at the others gathered and deduced that must be the case. Hey were all connected somehow, maybe. The other people at the stone looked at him as he walked away.

He walked back over to Mary and sat down next to his grave. This place was strange; he defiantly wasn?t at school anymore. Was he dead? Maybe this was heaven or hell; the graves were a creepy touch maybe he really was dead. He looked up at the sky; it was very cold and had an un-natural feel to it. ?I could be still asleep? he thought. But this felt very different to a dream, it felt real. Another person stirred in their hole to his right. He peered over the edge to see what the person who occupied the grave looked like. They seemed slightly shocked to see a man looking down at them with a wide grin on his face.
---
-hope I got that crack about biology right.
[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][I]He was in a dark space, everywhere was black. But it seemed he glowed with an inner luminescence, as did an object that stood a few metres away from him. There was nothing else visible in the darkness so he moved toward the object, curious. He approached it cautiously and glanced down at it, seeing that it was a stone plate. His brows furrowed, there was nothing really special about it, it just had a star engraved on it and the word 'Nexus'.[/I]

Then suddenly the dream was fading away as he regained consciousness...

Joachim groaned as he awoke from his strange dream, [B]"'Nexus'? What's that supposed to mean? And why did I have a dream about it?"[/B] he questioned, not exactly expecting an answer.

He felt as if he was in a tightly enclosed space as he tried to spread his arms and legs. He opened his eyes to look around, when he realised he was in a rectangular plot of ground. Voices could be heard, some sounded closer than others. He could distinctly hear differences that set everyone apart, they mostly all had different accents, plus you could tell the difference of gender and ages, as some sounded clearly like children.

[B]"Where am I?"[/B] he whispered to himself, expecting to be on his plush mattress at home, not on the ground.

He glanced around his hole and saw that there was an object lying beside his right hand; a ceremonial looking sword. He picked it up in his hands, grasping the hilt carefully and drawing the beautiful blade from its sheath. It was wonderful, the steel of the blade shone brightly, reflecting the sunlight that filtered from above, with the hilt decorated ornately.

After staring at the sword for a few minutes he realised he hadn't moved and was still in the hole. He returned the sword to its cover and got to his feet, reaching up, he placed the sword on the ground before pulling himself out. The first thing he saw as he exited the plot was a headstone. His eyes went wide at the sight.

[B]"'Joachim Gale'? T-That can't be..."[/B] he whispered in disbelief, staring at the engraved letters of his name.

[B]"T-This can't be real."[/B] he shook his head, grabbing the sword from the ground and grasping it tightly in his hands.

He reached his right hand out, touching the stone in front of him. His fingers felt cool from the contact. He traced the letters with gentle fingertips, brain still working to try to grasp that he wasn't home in Germany any more, and that this place seemed real enough.

He glanced around the field, finding other people getting up out of their own graves which were set in a circle, all reacting at finding their names written on headstones.

[I]'More graves? What and where in the world [/I] is[I] this place?!'[/I] he screamed in his mind, eyes taking in the brightness of the field, enclosed by hedges.

There were a few people who stood around the centre, looking at something in the middle. He made his decision to take a look at what was there, since it must be something to note. He tied the loop on the sheath to his belt on his left hip, he tried to gather his wit as he walked forward toward the centre. He still glanced around as he walked, there were a number of others who were out of their plots but were standing or sitting around socialising with others.

The people gathered around the centre moved slightly as he excused himself, trying to get a better glance of what it was that was so fascinating. And there it stood. In the middle of the field was a stone plate with a star-like compass engraved on it, identical to the one he had seen in his dream moments ago.

[B]"Nexus..."[/B] he breathed. He swallowed, suddenly feeling a lump in his throat. [B]"Does anyone know what's happening here?"[/B] he asked, looking at the others who stood there, all still looking at the plate.

[B]"No, we don't know anything. My name is Ayame."[/B] a woman with whitish, pale hair and violet eyes introduced herself, shaking her head.

[B]"I'm Joachim. I wish we knew what was going on here."[/B] he frowned, staring at the stone plate, as if hoping it would simply reveal its answers.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"I've got to get out of here."[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"Calm down Ayame."[/color] Constance said as calmly as she could despite her own fear from being in the middle of the outdoors with the others. [color=indigo]"We'll find our way home soon enough."[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"No we won't!"[/color] Ayame said fearfully. [color=indigo]"We're stuck here in the middle of nowhere, damnitt! Can't you [u]see[/u]!"[/color] Ayame extended both her hands horizontally and spun herself around several times in the middle of the field. She could see - as she turned - all the others looking at her from their graves as she stood by the Nexus in the center.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"WE'RE STUCK HE-"[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Everyone in the room closed their eyes and covered their ears due to the excessive screaming Ayame was causing which ended as soon as it began. The woman was cut off mid-sentence as everyone opened their eyes and realized that she had dissapeared.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"A-Ayame?!"[/color] Kalas called out. [color=indigo]"Where are you?!"[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"Forget about her."[/color] Constance shrugged. [color=indigo]"She's a burden on all of us. She was clearly losing her mind in here. ...**** her."[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"Maybe,"[/color] Kalas said as Constance rubbed her nose, looking at the children in their graves. [color=indigo]"But I thought she was okay."[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Constance sneezed twice back to back before rubbing her nose again. Kalas picked up on this immediately.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"You okay?"[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"...Fine."[/color] Constance said, rubbing her nose again. [color=indigo]"It's just that my nose is feeling weird."[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"Well shake it off."[/color] Kalas said. [color=indigo]"We gotta find Ayame."[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"To hell with Ayame."[/color] Constance said, sniffing her nose now.[color=indigo] "Have you seen where we are?! In 'nowhere's ville'. She abandoned us; that or some alien swooped her up." [/color]Constance tried to blow her nose but to no avail. [color=indigo]"Just... forget about her!!"[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"Constance... are you - "[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"She's an abandoning *****!"[/color] Constance said, falling to the grass. Her eyes were in the back of her head and she was going into spasms. Kalas took two steps back, looking at the woman he just met. Blood leaked from Constance's eyes, ears, nose, and mouth as she tried to control herself.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]"AAARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!"[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Constance screamed abnormally, sending a chill through everyone's spine regardless of how seasoned a killer they might have been. Constance's head then exploded; sending skull, brain and facial matter across everyones garments and body. After what seemed like eternity of looking away from the crimson explosion, everyone turned to look at Constance - or the remaining of - seeing a full-grown Ayame where Constance's head should've been - now a red stain on the grass.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"Personally..."[/color] Ayame said, covered in red, to her downed victim. [color=indigo]"... I wasn't too fond of you either."[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-constance.jpg[/img][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]==========O==========[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]I apologize [color=indigo]Sandy[/color] for the confusion. [strike][color=indigo]Ayame[/color] wasn't in a new room, she was still in the beginning room with the others; [color=indigo]Ayame[/color] never left.[/strike] I have no excuse, though, since I should've been clearer with the location of the character.[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=#808080]My apologies once more. They are, in fact, outside in the field.[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Now... cue evil laughter. [/color][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=indigo]*Evil laughter*[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Janet Peterson had just gotten out of the [I]awful[/I] grave she had found herself in when she had awoken, and was observing the [I]dreadful[/I] gravestone that had her name on it, when she heard a [I]terrible[/I] scream coming behind her.

She spun around just in time to see a young girl's head explode.

"Oh my god!" she screamed, and so did all the other people in the area what looked like a round cemetery. Janet was still in shock to find herself in a strange place like this.

Then she heard somebody burst to cry near her. It was a small girl, couldn't be more than ten. Janet's motherly instincts went on immediately.

[I]"A little girl like that should not be seeing this!"[/I] her mind told her, so she ran to the girl and literally grabbed her along. The girl buried her face to her shoulder

Then she saw a young, preteen boy, and took his hand.

"[B]Let's go, children[/B]", she said in a voice that was surprisingly serene considering the situation. All she thought now was to get these kids to safety.

She took the children to the tall hedge fence surrounding the field. There was no way to get over it, so they had to go through. She let go of the boy's hand and extended her now free hand to move the branches aside, but to her amazement they [I]withered[/I] away before she could even touch them!

In no time the hedge had a human-size hole in it, and she pushed the two children through it. Without looking back or thinking what she had just done she followed them. She had to save these two!

They were now in a winding corridor surrounded by hedges from both sides. Janet glanced at both directions. There had to be an exit somewhere near.

"[B]Now children, run with me![/B]" Janet told the kids.[/FONT]

+++++

[B]OoC:[/B] [SIZE=1]The children with Janet are Mary and Steven.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Vanna, stifled a groan at the ungodly shrill noise of someone screaming.[I] Stupid melodramatic fools![/I] She thought to herself. ?[B]I really should move to a new home,[/B]? she muttered as she opened her eyes. ?[B]I am tired of putting put with those ridiculous kids making noise every single day.[/B]?

She sat up and then froze. She was in a small hole made of dirt instead of in her own bed. Before she could wonder just how that happened, even more screaming caught her attention. She stood up and turned just in time to see the head of a young girl explode.

Vanna calmly climbed out of the hole she had been lying in and turned her back on the gruesome sight. [I]So another bratty kid is dead, so what? That just means one less kid to make ungodly noise in the morning when I'm trying to get some rest.[/I] She thought to herself.

She looked at the tombstone next to the hole she had woken up in. Her name Vanna Polunochnaya clearly stood out. But there were no dates. Not even of when she had been born. And hers wasn't the only one, there were more graves like hers with names on them. All in the middle of a field surrounded by tall hedges.

Movement caught her eye and she looked up to see a woman with two children fleeing the area. The woman raised her hand but Vanna couldn?t see what she was doing. Then a moment later the woman along with the children crawled through a hole in the tall hedge. Then as Vanna watched the plants literally grew before her eyes, and within a few moments it was if there never had been a hole in the hedge.

?[B]This must be some sort of bizarre dream.[/B]? She whispered to herself. She turned to look back at the girl who had just died, but her attention was caught by the young man standing next to the grave that was closest to where hers was. He was trembling and seemed to be in shock. Vanna looked at the tombstone, Scott Sheppard.

She looked back at the girl who had just died when she heard a voice say, ?[B]Personally, I wasn?t too fond of you either.[/B]? She was standing where the young girl?s head would have been, covered in blood and gore.

[I]How in the world did that happen?[/I] She thought. The girl didn?t look strong enough to have literally killed the young girl, but, even if she had been standing right next to her there was no way she would have gotten that much blood and gore on her. It looked like she had been in the middle of the explosion for so much blood to be all over her.

Vanna groaned. ?[B]Dream or not, I?m not sticking around for this.[/B]? She turned her back on everyone once again and began to look for a way out.

?[B]Where are you going?[/B]? A voice asked her.

Vanna stopped and turned back to see who had spoken. ?[B]Scott is your name correct?[/B]? He nodded. ?[B]Then I would think it was obvious, I?m getting out of here. I don?t give a damn as to what?s happening or as to where we are, so I?m leaving.[/B]?

Scott looked back at the girl who was dead, and the one covered in blood. Everyone was still looking stunned and a few were even beginning to back away from the site. He turned back to face Vanna. ?[B]I think I?ll come with you if you don?t mind.[/B]?

?[B]Suit yourself young man.[/B]? Vanna shrugged indifferently.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Leon had thought he was just having a strange dream, that is until the death of the young girl and seeing the other one standing where her head had been covered in blood and gore. And to top it off the crazy woman didn?t even seem bothered by all the blood or that she was literally covered in it! And didn?t he just see her somehow shrink herself and enter the poor girl?s nose? Just what in the world was going on here?

Well what ever it was, he was certain of one thing, and that was that he wanted nothing to do with that wacky woman. And it seemed that a couple of the others felt the same. One of the women along with two of the children had disappeared and an older woman along with another man was leaving as well.

?[B]I could use a drink right about now.[/B]? He muttered before turning and following the woman with white hair and the other man who both were heading towards what appeared to be an entrance among the tall hedges.

Keene watched in disbelief at what was happening. He started backing up only to fall backwards into the grave that he had just climbed out of. With a startled shriek he got back up and quickly climbed out of the grave. His heart pounding in fear.

?[B]This is a dream! Just a dream![/B]? he started muttering to himself over and over. Torn between the desire to run and yet to scared to move. He heard one of the other guys mutter something about a drink and then start to follow the other two who were leaving. As he passed Keene he stopped for a second and their eyes met.

?[B]If I were you kid, I?d get the hell away from that woman.[/B]? And with that cryptic statement he kept walking leaving Keene where he was standing.

Keene watched him go for a moment before turning back to the gruesome scene in the center of the field. Everyone else was starting to stir and he noticed that in addition to the three who were heading out, it seemed that others had already done so.

?[B]What should I do?[/B]? He whispered to himself. Torn between the desire to follow the others and yet to afraid to turn his back on the dead girl and the one covered in blood.
[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]What had seemed like only a few minutes had changed the lives of the whole group, now slowly breaking off into smaller sections whether out of curiosity or fear. The body, of course, was putting people off hanging around the graves. Scott stared at the ground, now stained black with blood, and ran a hand through his dark hair. One part of his brain was insisting that he should be terrified, or throwing up. However, his more rational side told him that something like this couldn?t possibly be anything other than a dream, or perhaps he was unconscious.

He looked around quickly and stepped back from the body, shoes tapping against the large stone set in the centre of the field. Its gothic scrawl didn?t do anything to help his worry, so he quickly looked around to find someone who seemed to have their wits about them. He spotted an elderly woman who, despite her obvious age, seemed confident. He stumbled over to her and managed to ask where she was going. He was met with an icy gaze that held years of wisdom, and an equally cold reply.

[B]?Scott is your name correct??[/B] Scott nodded and ran his hand through his hair again nervously, trying to avoid her gaze. [B]?Then I would think it was obvious, I?m getting out of here. I don?t give a damn as to what?s happening or as to where we are, so I?m leaving.?[/B]

He shot a quick look back over his shoulder at the dead girl and gulped, walking toward the older woman. ?I think I?ll come with you if you don?t mind.? He said softly, smiling a little to try and hide his anxiety. She simply shrugged and continued on her way, walking in silence as the pair vacated the area.

Vanna knew something bizarre, despite the obvious, was going on. A girl had died in a seemingly horrific way, and yet no one was screaming. People seemed nervous and worried, but she had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn?t sadness at the death of a girl, but selfish fear for their own safety.

The hedges instantly made Vanna think of a maze, the kind she'd once run through, giggling, with a past lover. The younger man walking behind her was running his hand over the small leaves, his face pallid and eyes darting constantly to either side. He looked as if he wanted to be sick, and would probably feel better if he did.

They were heading down a narrow passage, the noise of the group getting softer while the air only seemed to get heavier. Scott pushed his glasses further up his nose as the humidity forced a sweat out onto his skin, and at first he didn?t hear the small shout behind him. Vanna seemed to know where she was going, even though it was impossible that she did, so Scott tried to draw some strength from her. Then he heard it again, that small and high pitched yelp further down the passage.

He turned to see a petite girl, her hair tied up into pigtails, jogging down the natural corridor. [B]?Excuse me!? [/B] she shouted, stumbling a little as she ran. She couldn?t have been any older than thirteen, Scott guessed, and he stopped himself immediately for the girl to catch up.

[B]?A child shouldn?t be running around a strange place.? [/B] Vanna?s low yet authoritative voice spoke and Scott couldn?t help but shiver, reminded of his school days. The girl, of oriental race, scrunched her face up into a defiant pout, crossing her thin arms over her chest.

[B]?I wasn?t going to sit around with a dead body. What did you expect me to do??[/B]

Scott sighed as he watched Vanna take on an expression of annoyance, quickly reaching down to grip on of the girl?s hands. [B]?My name is Scott, what?s yours.?[/B]

[B]?Feng Li,?[/B] she replied, relaxing a little and granting Scott a worried smile. She knew she had no time to think or rationalise right now, and that getting away from that horrible ?graveyard? was the most important thing. Her upbringing with many siblings had allowed her to develop a more mature, independent attitude and she had to trust on those instincts now.

Despite that, she squeezed Scott?s hand, because any source of comfort was welcome right now.

[B]OOC: So, to clarify, Vanna, Scott and Feng Li have broken off from the group and are in one of the passages.

[B]EDIT:[/B] Rawrg. Sorry, Sandy, I had a brain fart. *brick'd* All fixed now.[/B] [/SIZE]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=darkgreen]It was such a beautiful day outside.[/color][/size][/font][/right]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=darkgreen]And even though fifteen people awoke in graves, unbeknownst to them all how they arived there - [/color][/size][/font][/right]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=darkgreen]- None of them were prepared to see a woman die so soon; [/color][/size][/font][/right]

[right][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=darkgreen]and in the worst way no less.[/color][/size][/font][/right]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]Lita Rossi[/color] screamed again from the blood and skull that splashed against her body. She closed her eyes as the thick matter hit her face in sprinkles. She was talking with Maya and trying to figure out how to get out of this hellhole field when a woman in the center - accompanied by several others - dissapeared. Soon after, another woman's allergies were acting up on her and she continuously began sneezing and sniffing. Lita had thought it was the flu season for the woman - [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]- Lita, however, never expected to see the woman's head explode; followed by the woman who dissapeared appearing right on top of the bloodstain that was a face.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Though Lita was scared, a strange sense of justice came over her. Both fright and rage at the same time, though she would never be able to explain it from her mouth. Lita couldn't prove 100% that the reappearing woman had did what she did concerning the death of the blonde-haired woman - [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]- But that didn't stop her feet from walking towards her.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Before [color=indigo]Ayame Hisa[/color] could regather her bearings as to what exactly happened, Lita had blindsighted her in the jaw with a left hook. Ayame fell to the grass, blood escaping her lips. She looked at Lita - Lita consumed with rage - and gave her the most clueless face in the world.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"Why'd... you hit me?"[/color] Ayame said, near tears.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"Why'd you kill that girl?!"[/color] Lita yelled at her downed victim. Lita's eyes darted left to right, trying to figure out what she'd meant.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"W-what?!"[/color] Ayame said. [color=indigo]"Who'd I kill?"[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Lita stammered back, looking at the total sincerity of Ayame.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"Whaddya mean 'who'd you kill?' "[/color] Said Lita, now lowering her voice. [color=indigo]"Look behind you..."[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]And so Ayame did turn, looking at a headless Constance in the process. The other vagabonds in the field were now looking at Ayame, seeing her shocked expression.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"Oh... my god."[/color] Ayame managed to say between clenched teeth.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]Lita looked at her face as well as she began to sob but was unconvinced that she was for real. Chances were that she'd kill again - [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray]- And Lita didn't want to die after her 18th birthday.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=gray][color=indigo]"...You need to die for what you did to that girl."[/color] Lita said, showing little remorse towards the stranger.[/color][/size][/font]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Maya Ashnard had fallen on her knees at the same time the young girl had been brutally murdered.

[B]"Merciful Allah!"[/B] she hissed between her gritted teeths. [B]"It [I]hurts[/I]!"[/B]

She felt like her whole brain had swollen in a split second when the girl had hollered her death scream. Her mind was filled with thoughts that she couldn't recognize. It felt like [I]someone[/I] was trying to enter her head by force.

[I]"No, go away!"[/I] she screamed in her mind. The thoughts got louder and more demanding, yet somehow Maya could sense great grief in them. But she wasn't going to give in. [I]"Go... AWAY!"[/I]

Suddenly the pain was easing, the noise was fading, the thoughts were vanishing...

Maya opened her eyes to see Lita confronting the killer of the girl. A dark, ominous feeling struck her. She [I]knew[/I] she had to get out of the place or she would be in mortal danger. She didn't just feel it, though. She knew for sure.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Keene had had enough. First one girl was brutally killed, murdered if what the girl who had hit the one standing where her head would have been was correct. He felt faint as if he was going to pass out. But then the words of the man who had passed him ran through his mind, [I]If I were you kid, I?d get the hell away from that woman.[/I]

He fought the nausea and the urge to throw up. First he had to get away from here. He could throw up later. If the woman the other girl had hit wasn?t the killer, then what ever had killed her was still around. Either way, he did not want to find out which it was. In an instant he made up his mind. He turned to leave only to stumble into another woman who was already starting to run towards an opening in the tall hedges. Knocking her to the ground.

Other than a startled look at him, she got up and continued running. Keene ran as fast as he could to keep up with her since even though he wanted to leave the gruesome death behind him, he still didn?t want to be alone.

It seemed like they had run for an eternity through the various twists and turns of the tall hedges, Keene had never been much of a runner and he was starting to develop a painful stitch in his side. But before he could ask the woman to slow down, they turned to go down yet another corridor among the hedges only to slam into the man who had advised him to get away.

Keene tried to avoid him, but the woman moved one way, the man another and instead of avoiding each other they all went sprawling head over heels. Finally coming to a tangled rest.

?[B]I said to get away from that woman kid, not knock me over in the process![/B]? Leon said angrily as he untangled himself from the two of them. He got up and dusted his clothing off.

Keene took another moment to catch his breath before responding, ?[B]I?m sorry sir. I didn?t mean to[/B].?

?[B]Forget it kid,[/B]? Maya spoke up. ?[B]I sort of helped you with the knocking down process.[/B]? She got up, smiled and offered her hand to Leon. ?[B]I?m terribly sorry about that. We certainly didn?t mean to knock you over. I?m Maya, and you are?[/B]?

Leon ignored her offered hand. ?[B]You can call me Leon.[/B]?

Maya withdrew her hand and instead offered it to Keene helping him stand up.

?[B]Thanks Maya,[/B]? He said as he dusted himself off. ?[B]My name is Keene. Is it okay if I stick with you?[/B]? He pleaded.

?[B]Sure Keene,[/B]? Maya looked over at Leon with a questioning look in her eyes.

Leon sighed. ?[B]Fine we can all travel together. I was following someone else, but I must have missed a turn as I seem to have lost them.[/B]?

He turned around and continued down the path, not bothering to see if the others were following him. But then he heard the sound of their footsteps and though he would never admit it to them, he was glad to have the company. Now if he could just figure out where he was and how the hell he was going to get out of it.

[CENTER]_______________[/CENTER]

OOC: And now Leon, Maya and Keene are off on their own.[/COLOR]

[color=darkslategray][font=tahoma][b]"You need to calm down, I'm just as puzzled as to what just happened as you are, alright? A short temper isn't going to get us anywhere!"[/b] Ayame yelled as Lita fumed with anger infront of her eyes. A few of the people who have made their way out of the graves have already split up, others were still questioning things in their own minds and the weaker minded were still too scared to make a move. Lita however seemed to have the temper of the hot italian blood inside of her.

[b]"I plan on gettig out of here like everyone else, but your clearly a danger to everyone's well being...I'll take care of that..."[/b] Lita said confidently as she turned her head to see Joachim with his hands gripped around the hilt of the sword he had picked up upon climbing out of his grave.

[b]"You, boy! Give me that sword!"[/b] Lita yelled as she walked over and reached her hand down to grab it. Joachim snapped out of his trance and clutched the sword to his body, not really out of not wanting Lita to have it, but more so out of instinctive self-preservation.

Lita reached down and tried to grab the hilt, but she was met by a flash of light and found herself promptly seated on her bottom, feet away from the boy. Lita dug her nails into the dirt and looked toward Joachim wide eyed as the only thing Lita felt was a subtle gust of wind circling her body...she felt as if she was blown back by some unseen force. Joachim wore a surprised look on his face as well, not really knowing what had happened. The sword however, was still glowing a very faint light...as if it had protected him on purpose.

[b]"Huh...you! What was that?"[/b] Ayame yelled, also stunned by what had happened.

[b]"I...I..don't know, really! I don't know what's going on here at all!"[/b] Joachim said in a frightened tone as he started to back up toward the hedges.

[b][i]'The sword...protected itself? It couldn't have possibly chosen that boy to specifically be it's wielder could it?'[/i][/b] Lita thought to herself, as if it were something inconceivable to fathom. She got to her feet and walked toward Joachim. He quickened his pace of backing up afraid that she was going to try to hurt him. Backing up soon turned into a full fledged turn around and running, as he made a way for himself through one of the hedges.

[b]"Wait! I don't want to hurt you!"[/b] Lita yelled, trying to calm Joachim. It was too late though. With the sword still sheathed clutched to his self, he ran as fast as he could until he felt himself tumbling and found himself face first in the dirt. The veins in his ankle pulsated as he turned his head to see a stone embedded in the dirt that he had tripped over. He clutched the dirt with his bare hands, realizing he had dropped the sword. He frantically looked around but when he tried to get up, a pain shot through his ankle forcing him back down to the ground.

[b][i]'Argh!...it hurts. Just my luck, what am I going to do now?'[/b][/i] he thought to himself, before feeling his body lift up with the help of somebody's hands.

[b]"You alright, kid?"[/b] the voice of his helper asked.

Joachim looked up at him, he was clearly an adult. Medium length dark hair and tan skin. He stayed silent, eventhough he was helped up by the stranger.

[b]"My name is Callisto, you don't have to worry alright? I'm a biology teacher."[/b] the man said. He looked down and saw Joachim's sword. He reached for it, intending to pick it up for him. Joachim noticed as well and darted for it first and grabbed it, forgetting about his ankle as he once again found himself kneeling on the floor.

[b]"No!"[/b] the boy shouted, giving Callisto a scare.

[b]"Whoa, relax kid...I was just going to pick it up for you."[/b] he assured Joachim.

[b]"Even so...I don't think anyone else can touch it. Sorry I didn't mean to be disrespectful."[/b] he said as Callisto once again helped him to his feet.

[b]"It's alright. So what's your name?"[/b] Callisto asked.

[b]"Joachim...Joachim Gale."[/b]

Callisto cleared the way of branches and what not as they made their own path hoping to find some more answers as to what was going on. Or even better, a way out of this place.[/font][/color]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Feng Li walked in front of the two adults, Scott and Vanna. She tought that Scott was rather nice, but there was something really weird about Vanna. It was like she acted a whole bunch of years older than she really looked. And Feng Li felt real chills running down her spine when she got too close to the woman.

Nevertheless she trusted both of the adults like a child that she was. She was actually quite happy with getting attention from two older people at the same time - that was a luxury she had never had with her real family.

[B]"You know what?"[/B] she asked, suddenly stopping and turning around, and startling the two adults at the same. [B]"I've been wondering something... If I'm from China and she's from Russia, and you're from England, then how come we understand each other perfectly?"[/B]

Vanna shook her head. [B]"Don't trouble your little brains with that sort of questions - this is just a dream."[/B]

[B]"Yes, that's the most logical answer"[/B], Scott replied. [B]"Now, let's move on before I forget which way we came from."[/B]

They walked onwards, turning left, then right, then left, then right, always the same pattern because Scott was certain it would lead them out of the hedge maze.

Then Feng Li stopped again. She pulled her right ponytail as hard as she could. Then she turned to face the two adults again.

[B]"See, I don't believe this is a dream at all"[/B], she said seriously.[/FONT]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]?[B]Wait! I don?t want to hurt you![/B]? Lita yelled in a desperate attempt to calm Joachim. But it was too late and within moments he disappeared from sight.

?[B]You stupid witch! Look at what you?ve done![/B]? A shrill voice called out from behind her.

Startled Lita whirled around to see Ayame walking towards her with a look of cold fury on her face, making her look almost demonic with all the blood covering her clothing. [I]My God![/I] She thought to herself. [I]She?s insane![/I] She opened her mouth to reply but Ayame ignored her and continued.

?[B]I?ll tell you what you?ve done![/B]? She cried, her voice becoming more shrill and angry with every word. ?[B]You killed that girl and then tried to blame me because I have the most blood on my clothing! You?ve gotten exactly what you wanted! You brought us here and now you intend to kill us all![/B]?

Lita was stunned. She really was insane if she really thought that! She glanced around while slowly backing away, but other than Kalas the rest of the people were gone.[I] I don?t have anything to defend myself with![/I] She thought, as her initial rage changed into pure fear. [I]Gods! She?s going to kill me too! I can?t let her touch me! [/I]

?[B]I won?t let you![/B]? Ayame screamed. And with that she charged Lita. Wrapping her hands around her throat in an attempt to choke her. Desperately Lita tried to pry her fingers lose, but she was horribly strong!

Kalas couldn?t believe what was happening! From waking up in a grave with his name on the tombstone, to finding other people there as well, to having that poor girls head literally explode, showering him with blood and other things he didn?t want to think about. This whole thing had definitely gone from just a dream to some sort of horrible nightmare.

And then before he could even react to the girl?s death, Lita attacked Ayame and accused her of being the killer! He watched the events unfold and yet in spite of everything, he just stood there not knowing what to do.[I] This is insane![/I] He thought. [I]I need to get out of here![/I] He looked around and with a start he realized that other than Lita, Ayame and himself, everyone else was gone!

?[B]You stupid witch! Look at what you?ve done![/B]?

Startled Kalas turned back to see Ayame up on her feet and heading towards Lita. She looked terrifying. The blood and gore all over her clothing, the expression of rage as she continued to scream at Lita. [I]She?s lost it![/I] He thought.

As if to confirm that thought Ayame screamed, ?[B]I won?t let you![/B]? And charged Lita.

Kalas froze for a second and then ran towards Lita and Ayame. He raised his hands, intending to simply shove Ayame aside, but instead shimmering blades appeared and shot at Ayame. [I]What the hell?[/I] Kalas thought.

The blades of what appeared to be air flew towards Ayame, changing quickly to just a shimmer of air that literally shoved Ayame to the side. Startled Ayame let go of Lita in an attempt to keep her balance.

Lita gasped for air when Ayame let go, stumbling backwards. She felt hot tears running down her cheeks. [I]She nearly killed me! [/I]She thought as she fell hard on her rear on the ground. Desperately she tried to catch her breath, but she felt faint and dizzy. She looked up when Kalas spoke.

?[B]That?s enough Ayame! She didn?t kill Constance and you know it![/B]? He moved until he was standing protectively in front of Lita. ?[B]We need to work together to get out of here! Not kill each other![/B]?

?[B]I see it now.[/B]? Ayame said calmly. ?[B]The two of you are in this together.[/B]?

?[B]What are you talking about Ayame? Neither one of us had anything to do with this![/B]? Kalas said angrily.

Ayame continued talking as if to herself. ?[B]Yes, it?s as clear as day.[/B]? She giggled hysterically. ?[B]I won?t be fooled. I?ll put an end to you two and then I?ll take care of the rest of you.[/B]? With a shriek of rage she charged Kalas this time. Her body shrinking as she lunged towards his face.

Kalas watched in horror as Ayame lunged towards him, her body shrinking as she projected herself towards his face. [I]Damn![/I] He thought as he stepped back. Instinctively he raised his hands to stop her. Ayame was less than a foot from his face and only four inches big and shrinking when once again the shimmering blades of air appeared and shot out of his hands.

This time the blades ripped right through her instead of shoving her aside. A horrible shriek filled the air. Kalas cried out in pain as the sound went though him. He reached up with his hands to cover his ears in an attempt to block the sound out. He stumbled backwards. [I]It hurts![/I] He thought.

Then just as suddenly the noise stopped. A bright flash blinded him, forcing him to close his eyes. He uncovered his ears to the sound of several horrible thuds and slowly opened his eyes. Kalas gagged at the scene in front of him. Ayame had returned to her normal size?in pieces. The blades of air that had shot from his hands had torn her to pieces!

Desperately he turned and fell to his knees, retching,[I] I only wanted to stop her![/I] He thought as tears began to flow down his face.

It seemed like an eternity until he felt hands touching his left shoulder.

?[B]Are you alright?[/B]? Lita asked him.

Kalas looked up at her tear streaked face.

Lita got down on her knees and hugged Kalas.

?[B]Thank you for saving my life.[/B]? She said, she let go and got up. ?[B]If you hadn?t stopped her she would have killed us both[/B].?

[CENTER]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-ayame.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Feng Li's eyes were narrowed in a glare as she followed the two adults in their continuous pattern of left, right, left, right. She stopped walking and frowned, looking around the green corridor.

[B]"This isn't getting us anywhere. I think we need a new plan."[/B] she suggested firmly.

[B]"What do [I]you[/I] think we should do then?"[/B] Vanna asked with a bored expression.

[B]"Geez, let's try to find something other than a corridor, for one."[/B] Feng said, reaching to her left where a wall of hedge rose high above her.

Feng Li shoved her small hands into the plant and blinked as a controlled fire burnt a medium sized hole in the wall, large enough to allow them passage if they were to crawl.

The young girl turned to the adults, determination written on her face as she dropped to her hands and knees, crawling through the space. Scott and Vanna glanced at each other. Scott was the next to go through, silently admitting that he too was sick of seeing the same thing over and over. Vanna reluctantly decided to follow them.

The three now stood in a large space, unlike the corridors they had been seeing. There was a rustling behind them, and the hole closed up, leaving them trapped in this area. Feng cautiously walked into the centre, suddenly the grassy ground shifted to form coloured tiles, stretching across the entire area. A hole opened at the other end, it was evident that that would be the only way out of the area, and there was something special about these tiles.

[B]"Do you think something will happen if we step on a wrong tile?"[/B] Scott questioned.

[B]"Without a doubt."[/B] Vanna answered the question frigidly.

[B]"Then how do we know what the safe path out is?"[/B]

[B]"We don't..."[/B] Feng Li mumbled.

There had to be a logical solution to the puzzle, a certain way that they could get out...Right? Feng wasn't so sure any more.

[B]"Maybe it's a colour sequence?"[/B] Scott thought aloud, staring at the coloured panels.

[B]"We need a way to test the tiles before we step onto it."[/B] Vanna reasoned.

She carefully lifted her right foot and tapped the tile in front of her quickly before snapping her leg back, the action was fluid, done with the grace of the seasoned ballerina she was. Nothing happened, so she cautiously stepped forward onto the tile. She continued the pattern, seemingly dancing across the tiles until she came up beside Feng Li who remained in the same spot from when the tiles appeared. On her way she had found a few traps; bottomless pits, jets of flames, spikes, etc.

Scott frowned, trying to figure out a solution to get across, he wasn't as graceful as Vanna to pull of her trick. He started to bump his fists against each other in thought, surprised when bright sparks started to appear when he hit them together. Curiously he did it harder, smashing them together forcefully, amazed as lightning appeared, striking in front of him, leaving a mark on the tile. His eyebrows raised and he stepped forward, continuing that method until he was in line with Feng Li and Vanna.

Feng had been thinking the entire time. She still hadn't come up with a method of her own to get to the hole at the end. She had faith in her light-footed steps, and speed, so she dashed across a few tiles, stopping on one safely. She smiled brightly.

[B]"Let's go."[/B] she said to the adults, waiting for them to come beside her again.

They made their way toward the hole, each coming across some traps that they barely avoided. Feng Li jumped onto a tile and felt it sink under her, causing her to suddenly spring to the side, right into where Vanna just landed. This bumped the ice queen aside, leaving her splayed across several tiles, one below her middle shifted and her shriek pierced the air as a large spike impaled her through the stomach, bursting through her back.

Feng's eyes were wide, hands at her mouth as she looked at Vanna's dead body, her blood seeping across the tiles around her.

[B]"Feng Li, we have to keep going."[/B] Scott murmered, pulling his gaze away.

She nodded shakily and the two arrived at the hole, climbing through, leaving the tiles and Vanna's body behind them. Feng collapsed to her knees, trembling. She could still see Vanna's body on the spike in her mind's eye.

[B]"Come on, we have to keep going."[/B] Scott encouraged her quietly, lightly grabbing her upper arm and hauling her to her feet.

The now reduced pair continued their way through the maze, hoping to find their way out soon.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-vanna.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/COLOR]
-----------------------------------------------------
[B]OOC:[/B] Bah, that was horrible, but it's the only thing I can come up with at the moment. -__-;;[/SIZE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Steven Lund followed the woman who had told her name to be Janet, and the little girl, Mary, through the seemingly endless maze. His feet were hurting and he felt a sting in his lungs. His steps were getting sparser and slower.

[B]"Wait!"[/B] Steven shouted when the woman and the girl disappeared around a corner. [B]"I can't keep going! I'm too tired..."[/B]

Janet and Mary returned to him.

[B]"What's wrong, Steven?"[/B] Janet asked worried. [B]"Listen, we have to keep going! We're almost out of this [I]horrendous[/I] place!"[/B]
[B]
"No, we aren't"[/B], Steven said desperately, sitting down. [B]"You're just lying to cheer me up. We will never get out, not together..."[/B]

[B]"How can you say such an [I]awful[/I] thing?!"[/B] Janet gasped.

[B]"Come on, Steven! Let's walk just a little bit further, okay?"[/B] Mary suggested. Looking at the little girl's big sad eyes, he couldn't refuse. Steven nodded to his companions and got up.

Practically dragging his feet, Steven forced himself forwards. He felt himself weak and vulnerable. Janet had been amazed when she had heard Steven was already thirteen years old. He really didn't look like it, but that was because of he was a sickly child. He had born way too early and had spent many years of his childhood in hospital. Doctors had been confident that he wouldn't live past ten years, but he had surprised them all. [I]"My little miracle"[/I], his mother had said.

[B]"Look!"[/B] Mary squeaked in her high-pitched voice suddenly. She pointed forward to the end of a long path they had just turned to. There were three humans, one tall and two short ones, standing there.

[B]"Hey there!" [/B]Mary shouted, waving her hand. Other of the little figures waved as well. [B]"Oh... It's just a mirror."[/B]

Steven and Janet followed Mary as she sprinted to the reflection at the end of the path.

[B]"How peculiar..."[/B] Janet said, examining herself from the mirror. [B]"What does a mirror do here?"
[/B]

[B]"It's not a mirror"[/B], Steven replied. Somehow he just knew it. [B]"It's a doorway."[/B]

Steven touched the reflection, and it's surface turned to ripples. He pushed his hand through the liquid substance. Then he closed his eyes, took a deep breath and stepped forward.

When he opened his eyes, he saw millions and billions of other Stevens staring back at him from millions and billions of mirrors. The whole space was covered with them.
[/FONT]

[SIZE=1][B]"St-Steven?"[/B] Janet called shakily, approaching the mirror, portal, whatever it was, carefully. One hand was outstretched while the other kept Mary back, not wanting the little girl to go running off like Steven had.

[B]"Steven come out!"[/B] her voice, far from strong, seemed weak now given the circumstances. She gulped and rubbed the base of her neck nervously, closing her eyes to try and keep her breaths steady.

[I]'He's not your brother...he isn't. Calm down.'[/I] She repeated the mantra over and over in her mind, ignoring the urgent tugging on her hand. Eventually she looked down, seeing Mary with a face twisted into an expression of confusion and worry. The little girl was so young and probably saw this as an adventure.

As Mary looked into the mirror she realised it was starting to become less reflective and more like a window. The panel cleared and she gasped as the sight 'inside' the next room met her eyes.

Steven was there with millions of reflections, all on their knees and gasping for breath. The little girl whimpered and in that instant wanted so badly to heal him. She felt a tingle in the palm of the hand that Janet wasn't clutching, which was quickly filled by a cool shaft of metal. Mary looked down to see a Golden Arrow, awed by it's beautiful, yet deadly, shape.

Janet glanced down and caught sight of the weapon, letting out a startled shriek and seeming to forget about Steven for the moment. Mary looked almost comical with the arrow, it being almost as big as she was, but it was still a weapon.

[B]"What...?"[/B] the woman gasped, but Mary only shrugged.

[B]"'M not sure, Janet, but I think I can heal him!"[/B] her voice was higher than usual, probably due to nerves, but the blonde stepped toward the 'mirror', pointing the arrow forward in a hope of gaining access.

As soon as the point made contact the glass shattered around Mary's feet. The only sound heard above the shattering was a shriek of pain, spots of blood tarnishing the shards of once beautiful glass.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-steven.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Mary dropped the arrow in shock, not even noticing that it vanished before it hit the ground. ?[B]It was supposed to heal him! Not break the glass![/B]? she wailed. ?[B]I killed him![/B]? She burst into tears and before Janet could stop her she turned and ran back the way they had come.

?[B]Mary! Come back![/B]? she cried as she gave chase. ?[B]You didn?t kill him![/B]? But Mary was too quick for her and was soon lost to sight as she turned to the right and ran down another corridor.

Janet stumbled and fell, landing hard on the ground, nearly knocking herself senseless. A horrible high-pitched scream rent the air. Hurriedly she scrambled back to her feet and ran in the direction of the scream. [I]Oh my God![/I] She thought over and over. Hoping that she was not too late.

She ran down the corridor that Mary had just fled down and came to an open field. It was full of monsters straight from legend. Huge giant cats that were easily the size of a small truck turned to look at her when she ran into the field. Several of them lay dead, pierced through the head by golden arrows just like the one Mary had accidentally shattered the glass with.

Janet gave a little gasp of horror and stepped back. There in the middle, one of them held the poor lifeless body of Mary in its mouth. An arrow still in her little hand.

Something inside of Janet snapped. How could anyone create such a horrible place? How could anyone subject children to such horrors. With a scream of rage she charged the cat holding Mary?s body, somehow she was going to kill it, even if she died in the process.

Her rage caused the plants surround the field to writhe as if in pain and the ground began to shake and heave as if something was coming up from below the grass. Cracks began to appear and before the cats had even moved a step towards Janet, huge vines flew out from underneath them, quickly wrapping around the cats, holding them in place.

Janet was oblivious to what was happening to the cats, her attention was solely on the one holding Mary?s body. It dropped Mary's body and lunged at her, only to be caught by vines that shot up from the ground. Then before Janet could register what was truly happening, the vines grew razor sharp thorns that cut the lions apart.

She looked around the field at the dead cats, not really caring how it had happened. Janet turned back to the one in front of her and walked around it to where Mary lay. With a sob she picked up the body of the little girl. Tears ran down her face. [I]I couldn?t protect them![/I] She cried within her mind.

Once again the plants seemed to respond to Janet as new vines sprouted up and gently took Mary?s body from her. Stunned Janet watched as they wrapped themselves gently around her body and then when she was completely covered, tiny little pink flowers formed, spelling her name and then spread out to cover the rest of the vines on her.

?[B]Thank you.[/B]? Janet whispered to the plants. She turned and looked back at the way she had come. ?[B]I don?t know who you are,[/B]? she said to the air. ?[B]But I?m going to make sure you never bring another innocent child to this horrible place.[/B]?

She walked over to the lion and picked up the arrow that Mary had been holding. She placed it next to her grave and then walked back the way she came. She calmly walked among the tall hedges, intending to go back to where she had first awakened. Surely there would be clues there that would help her figure out what had happened. And once she did, she would destroy this horrible place, along with whoever created it.

The plants seemed to agree with her as any time she walked close to a hedge, the leaves would reach out and brush her as she walked by. [/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-mary.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[color=darkslategray][font=tahoma]The hedges and apparent nature like setting began to fade into a more enclosed mountain setting...Leon and Keene didn't take notice to it, with only finding a way out on their minds. Maya's mind however was in pain for the entirety of their trek. No matter what the surrounding were it seemed like she knew that there was something out there, something overseeing this maze land playing god with their lives.

Keene turned his head back slightly and noticed Maya with her forehead sunk into her hands as if to quell a headache. She was navigating by watching the ground infront of her feet.

[b]"Maya? Are...you alright?"[/b] Keene asked in a concerned voice.

Leon stopped and turned around to see what Keene was referring to. He observed her flowing purplish hair as it encased her head. He lifted his eyebrows and began to start guessing in his own head what Maya's age was.

[b]"Here, let me help you. I don't know if we're getting any further to the exit of this place...but we've undoubtedly been descending. If we're unlucky...we may find outselves in a worse place than the graveyard we all woke up in."[/b] Leon said as he took Maya's arm and tossed it around his shoulder and began to help her walk. She looked up slowly and met his eyes with hers. He put a smile on to assure her, but she seemed unimpressed.

[b]"I'm older then you think, sir."[/b] she said as she brushed off his arm and walked ahead of them. Leon stood dumbfounded, wondering if it was a coincidence.

[b][i]'Heh...well, she's looks a lot younger then she actually is...it makes sense, she probably gets asked that all the time! Yeah...that's gotta be it...'[/b][/i] he thought to himself as he slowly began to follow. Keene followed along as well, not wanting to be left behind.

The declining ground began to lead into a cave like atmosphere, the trees and bushes were now completely gone. The rocks started to close in like the throat of a beast who just swallowed his dinner. The darkness would have been overwhelming if the walls weren't plentiful with torches.

[b][i]'Torches? I wonder if somebody lives here...maybe they can help us.'[/b][/i] Keene thought to himself as he sped up his pace.

The sounds of waterdrops were added as they progressed further. Clearly they were in a stalactite cave, seemingly feet below where they had started. There was a wide opening of rock shaped like an oval in the middle of a shallow moat. Leon stopped for a few seconds, then leaped as far as he could over the water. Keene followed with a running start, leaping with the grace of a childhood olympian. Maya watched them and just simply walked across the water and joined them.

[b]"It isn't deep, you could have just walked through..."[/b] she said. Maya took 2 more steps before dropping to the ground on her knees. Leon and Keene watched with a startled look wondering what had just happened. A loud shriek escaped Maya's mouth as she clutched her head with both hands.

[b][i]'T...the child...no! Not the child...I don't...don't understand!'[/b][/i] she said to herself as she gripped her head even harder. Keene walked up to her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

[b]"Maya? What is it?"[/b] Keene asked, before being grabbed by Maya and tossed to the ground with her body covering him.

[b]"NOOO! YOU CAN'T!"[/b] she screamed as she covered the boy with her body. Leon looked on, not knowing what the hell was going on. A gust of wind blew through the cavern taking Leon by surprise. He spun his body around and noticed a group of sharpened stalactites barreled forward at a sharp angle toward where Maya and Keen were. He widened his eyes and instinctively dashed forward.

A large roaring was the next thing Maya and Keene heard, much to the surprise of Maya. She had expected something to befall them, with her intention being to protect Keene. She turned her head and saw a bloodied beast with shards of rock piercing it's skin, the bulk of the stalactites crumbled around them.

Maya looked on with a frightened face as she grabbed Keene and frantically scrambled backwards.

[b]"W...what is that!? This, is not what i felt..."[/b] Maya said as she brought herself to a full vertical base.

The beast looked at them and walked slowly into the middle of the wide opening. He extended his head forward trying to make contact, but it seemed difficult to communicate clearly. Maya stared at the lion-like creature's face and looked deeper into it's eyes.

[b][i]'Can it be...?'[/b][/i] she thought to herself, as she felt a new myriad of things race through her head. Her attention was drawn above the beast where a large opening in the ceiling was. She gasped and ran forward suddenly, as Keene watched on more clueless then ever.

[b]"STOP!"[/b] she screamed as the the lion turned his attention to the sky as well. The last thing it saw was a giant pillar of stone fall from above, crushing it's head and compressing it to the ground. Maya stopped short and place her hands over her mouth after seeing the extravagent sight of their savior crushed underneathe what seemed to be tons of rock and stone. The creature struggled for all of 10 seconds before laying still. The ground around the impact was upheaveled, with the exact point of impact delving into the ground. It's head was sandwiched, his thick skin seemed to fend off the sharpness of the stalactites, but the weight of the pillar proved too much.

Maya approached the side of the lion and placed her hand on it's side. Keene looked up from his knees with his mouth opene, a scared look on his face.

[b]"M...maya? Wheres Leon?"[/b] he managed to utter between gasps for air. Maya closed her eyes and dropped to her knees as well.

[b]"He protected us...I understand now. It is most upsetting. I wish I could have made sense of everything sooner."[/b] Maya said to herself, but loud enough for Keene to hear.

[b][i]'This is unreal...what's going on...why are we here!? This, this isn't normal!'[/b][/i] Keene screamed inside his head, unsure of what else to do. Maya stood up and walked toward Keene, and extended her hand.

[b]"Come, Keene. We have to keep moving. Try to pull yourself together."[/b] she said as Keene looked up with tears in his eyes. He took her hand and the two ventured further into the cave, leaving the still body of the transformed Leon.
[center]
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/img] [img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-leon.jpg[/img][/center][/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]Maya and Keene ventured deeper and deeper into the cave, the temperature became increasingly colder as they walked onwards. Keene?s mind was still on what had happened with Leon minutes ago. He couldn?t understand how Maya could just move on so quickly from something like that. He found himself griping her arm a little more tightly as they descended.

After they left the area bearing Leon?s dead body they had discovered a large and long stair case that had been cut into the very floor of the cave itself. Torches lined the walls of the chunkily cut staircase as it went down and down and down. Looking down it, it was impossible to see the bottom, if there was one. The stairs themselves looked very hastily cut, they were far from perfectly formed stairs; if they weren?t careful they would trip and break something.

The stairs became more and more slippery as they walked down them, at one stage Maya and Keene had to cling to one another to prevent slipping over and tumbling several meters. The stair case seemed never ending, that was until Keene spotted a bright white light, signaling the end of the stair case.

[B]?Finally!?[/B] Keene squealed and began to race down the steps, sure that he would see outside again. He desperately wanted to get out of the cave. He couldn?t take his mind off everything that had happened.

Maya however just let Keene race down the steps, she could feel something again, whatever was waiting for them at the bottom it wasn?t good. She felt deeply saddened by the death of Leon; he had given his life to save theirs and she didn?t want to waste the second chance he had given her. As she walked down the steps calmly she could see the outline of Keene?s body standing still as a statue. As she reached the bottom her heart sank.

Before Maya and Keene lay a large underground lake, on the left side of the lake was a huge rocky water fall, its noise was almost deafening. On the right was a black tunnel burrowed into the rock face where some water escaped into. The lake was large; it looked to be [I]at least [/I] four Olympic swimming pools big, possibly bigger. Large torches lit the area and cast a creepy yellow light over the scene. On the other side of the lake Maya was sure she could see the exit, just in view was another rock stair case but this one went up. Her spirits picked up slightly.

She went and stood over next to Keene who looked rather dejected, they were both standing on a log rock ledge the water was no more than two meters away. She put a hand on his shoulder and gave it her all to give him a reassuring smile.

[B]?Don?t worry, we will get across, I?m sure that staircase leads up and out. I know it. We can do it.? [/B] She looked into his eyes to give the boy some sort of hope; he looked rather unsure but gave her a nod anyway.

[B]?But how will we get across??[/B] He didn?t like the idea of swimming and from the look on Maya?s face neither did she. Maya walked to the edge of their rock platform and peered into the water, all she saw was her own reflection. The water was so still and calm it held the properties of a mirror. The water was so dark however she couldn?t tell how deep it was, she refused to swim in it.

Right then as Maya was back away from the waters edge the platform started to tremble, a line of bubbles appeared in the water breaking its stillness. Out of the mass of bubbles rose small stone pillars. Large enough to fit one person but not two, they made a line from one side of the lake to the other, like stepping stones. Maya felt uneasy, this seemed a bit too easy, she knew something was bound to go wrong.

Keene rushed forwards and began to skip across the stones, seeing nothing but a way out, it was almost as if he flew across them. Maya yelled out to him to come back and that they should stick together but it was too late and Keene had already reached half way. Maya had no choice but to run across the stones after him. As she got closer to the center of the large underground lake her feelings grew stronger.

[B]?Keene! Go now! Run to the other side!? [/B] She screamed at him but he either ignored her or couldn?t hear her over the loud roar of the now closer raging waterfall. Maya screamed at him again but it had no effect.

What happened next took Maya completely off guard. She looked to the dark water below her and swore she could see a shape just beneath its surface. Her eyes grew wider as the shape headed straight for Keene. It glided through the water like a scythe with unnatural grace. Maya screamed and screamed to him to go faster but it was already too late. Only 5 stones away from the other side a massive black serpent launched itself out of the murky water and straight at Keene. He didn?t even have time to turn and look as the creature engulfed the boy in its massive jaws.

Maya cried out a horrendous [B]?NOOOOOO!? [/B] as Keene disappeared into the creature?s mouth and was gone in an instant back into the water. Maya summoned all her strength to dash to the other side and onto the stone platform, well away from the edge. She retreated to just inside the stone staircase as the water erupted again.

The massive leviathan leapt up out of the water and hit the rocky waterfall with a heavy resounding thud, before Maya?s eyes the creature was turning into stone. Its thrashing however was causing is petrified parts to shatter. She couldn?t understand what forces had caused the beast to turn into stone. The creature screamed out a horrible shrill shriek as it became fully petrified and sank into the water.

Maya sat and stared at the waterfall as a few tears fell down her cheeks; she looked away from the water disgusted and peered up the staircase. This staircase was no where near as long as the last one, she could see the light of day up ahead. Reluctantly she headed for the surface, Maya cursing herself for not being able to save Keene. Surely there was something she could have done for him! If only she had not allowed him to cross then perhaps he would still be alive.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-deathcard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-keene.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

---

Gah!!! rushed it :([/SIZE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Kalas Harrison and Lita Rossi took a one final glance around the graveyard they and thirteen others had woken up in. It felt like such a sort time ago, but now it was just the two of them remaining there, at the Nexus. Both bloodstained, both having already seen more death than ever in their lifetime.

[B]"So, shall we go then?"[/B] Kalas asked.

[B]"I'm afraid of what lies beyond that hedge fence"[/B], Lita said quietly. [B]"Perhaps this madness is just the beginning."[/B]

[B]"I'm sure the way out is just around the corner"[/B], Kalas assured. [B]"Whoever was the psychopath who put us all in these graves, we'll find it out and turn him in to the police."[/B]

[B]"I find your theory hard to believe"[/B], Lita said, shaking her head. [B]"You mean somebody would bother to transport me from Italy and you from Australia and the others from [I]god knows where[/I] during our sleep, and just leave us lying in open graves? No, this must be just a bad dream..."[/B]

[B]"I'm wide awake, I can tell you that. But we won't see who's right just by standing here. Let's go."[/B]

Kalas took Lita by her hand, and together they left the Nexus.

+++++

Not long after Kalas and Lita had left the graveyard, a figure rose out of one of the graves. It looked around, and saw the two butchered bodies lying on the stone plate.
[B]
"Interesting to be able to actually [I]see[/I] what they did to me"[/B], the reborn Ayame Hisa hissed maliciously. [B]"Now it's payback time!"[/B]

[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-lifecard.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Labyrinth/labyrinth-ayame.png[/IMG][/center]
[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]It was obvious to Callisto that Joachim was having trouble with his left ankle. [I]He must have sprained it when he tripped. [/I]He thought as he watched him limping.

?[B]Stop for a minute Joachim.[/B]? Callisto said, ?[B]We need to do something about that ankle of yours before it gets worse[/B].?

?[B]What can we do?[/B]? Joachim asked.

Callisto smiled reassuringly, ?[B]I?m pretty good at making makeshift bandages, if you don?t mind that it comes from the sleeves of my shirt I can at least wrap that ankle of yours to give you some support.[/B]?

Joachim hesitated for a minute and then nodded. ?[B]Okay[/B].? He sat down and patiently waited while Callisto carefully took his shoe and sock off and then proceeded to rip the sleeves of his shirt into strips. Then just as carefully he wrapped the strips around his ankle and finished by tying a strip together around the finished deal. Callisto then loosened the ties on his shoe, put the sock back on over the bandage and carefully put his shoe back on before tying it.

?[B]There, see how that feels,[/B]? Callisto said as he stood up. He offered his hand to Joachim and helped him stand back up. Cautiously Joachim took a few steps and then a few more. It still hurt, but it was defiantly much better.

?[B]Thank you[/B],? he said with a smile. ?[B]That helps a lot.[/B]?

?[B]Good, are you ready to continue then?[/B]? He asked the kid.

?[B]Well I suppose so, but how do we know if we are going in the right direction or not?[/B]? Joachim asked.

?[B]We don?t. But we can?t stay put, especially after what happened back there.[/B]? Callisto said with a shrug of his head indicating the direction from which they had come.

Joachim swallowed hard before replying. The last thing he wanted was to go back to where he had woken up. ?[B]Okay.[/B]? He finally said.

Now that Callisto had wrapped up his ankle it was much easier to walk and he picked up his pace, eager to be out of the crazy maze of hedges. Within a short time the hedges gave way to what appeared to be an open stone field. There were wooden walkways and it wasn?t until they got closer that they realized that the wooden walkways were connecting stone pillars.

What had appeared to be an open stone field was in fact the top of a series of stone pillers connected by the wooden walkways. Joachim looked back at the hedge wondering if perhaps they should have gone another direction. Before his eyes the hedges moved, closing off the route they had come from. He turned back.

?[B]Looks like we have no choice but to go forward.[/B]? He said.

[B]?Looks like it[/B].? Callisto agreed.

[I]This has got to be a set up.[/I] Callisto thought. He walked over to the first edge and looked down. He couldn?t see the bottom, only darkness. [I]Lovely[/I], he thought. With no railings of any kind, all it would take was one slip and it would all be over. He looked around to see if there was another way out but there was not. There was another opening into what appeared to be another maze made of stone, but the only way to get there was over the wooden walkways.

?[B]I?ll go first and then you follow me okay?[/B]? He asked. Joachim nodded.

Callisto cautiously stepped onto the walkway. It seemed fairly firm and within moments he was on the stone pillar. Joachim quickly followed. Within a short time they were halfway across the stone pillars. [I]So far so good.[/I] Callisto thought. [/COLOR]