OtakuBoards

how did this happen?

backspace

i was just wondering how trunks (the future one) got into the future and then cell followed him in the exact same ship and everything because i watched the rerun of that last night and i relized i never really understood it so can you guys help me make it a little clearer???:( :( :( i hope you can understand what i'm talking about.:(

time travel is always a pain to explain....let's try, heh hmm......well in Trunks' timeline, the androids killed off goku, vegeta, and everyone except Trunks and Gohan, they lived, trained, blahblahblah. Then Trunks kills androids 17 and 18. Cell awakens after 17+18's defeat, and since he needs to absorb them to become complete, he kills Trunks as he is about to head back to tell everyone he succeeded in killing the androids. He steals his time machine, but because he has to revert to his eggy form to fit, he travels far back into the past, and slowly evolves into the insecty Cell. When Cell went back tho, he went into a different timeline (supposedly when u go back in time, u go into a different timeline because if u go back into your own time, it starts the whole paradox mess). ANd in the one cell went to, Trunks had warned Goku and the others of the androids and heart virus's, so they managed to stay alive and when Cell awakened piccolo and #17 were fighting. Uh......that's pretty much it, time travel is too confusing ><.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by backspace [/i]
[B]i was just wondering how trunks (the future one) got into the future and then cell followed him in the exact same ship and everything because i watched the rerun of that last night and i relized i never really understood it so can you guys help me make it a little clearer???:( :( :( i hope you can understand what i'm talking about.:( [/B][/QUOTE]

OK. Cell attacked future Trunks after he defets the androids in the future and gets into his time capsle. so this happens in future trunks' future.

Let me try to explain what seph was saying

There are three timelines
timeline 1: The saga goes through, as we kno it. Frieza and his father get to earth and decide to check it out. Goku gets down while the rest are fighting, and goes ssj. He fights both frieza and his father for an exauhsting amount of time until he finnally kills them. In this short time that Goku was a super saiyan, it affected his heart, and 2 years later kills him. Everyone continues to live as normal until one day when 2 killer android appear. These andriods are #17 and #18. All Z fighters try to kill them, and eventually it is only Gohan and baby Trunks of the z fighters who remain. Time goes by and trunks is a teen and Gohan trains him. Gohan is killed by the andriods, but trunks lives. Trunks decides to go back in time. He goes back and gives goku the medicine so he will live. He continues to stay, and helps goku as the androids come, and together they finnally kill the andriods. With his new power, trunks goes back to his own time, and destroys those androids. The world is in peace. Then comes Cell. As Trunks was about to go back into the past and tell Goku that he had defeated the androids of his time, cell appears and kills trunks. Cell takes Trunk's time machine, and goes back in time to a point when the androids are still living.

timeline 2: the beggining is the same as the first --{The saga goes through, as we kno it. Frieza and his father get to earth and decide to check it out. Goku gets down while the rest are fighting, and goes ssj. He fights both frieza and his father for an exauhsting amount of time until he finnally kills them. In this short time that Goku was a super saiyan, it affected his heart, and 2 years later kills him. Everyone continues to live as normal until one day when 2 killer android appear. These andriods are #17 and #18. All Z fighters try to kill them, and eventually it is only Gohan and baby Trunks of the z fighters who remain. Time goes by and trunks is a teen and Gohan trains him. Gohan is killed by the andriods, but trunks lives. Trunks decides to go back in time. He goes back and gives goku the medicine so he will live.}

timeline 3: This time, when trunks comes, cell is there from the first timeline. This means that Cell, from one timeline, and trunks, who is from a different timeline, all meet with the z fighters from our timeline. Get it? When they meet, the cell saga takes place.

timeline 2: Cell is dead from the first timeline, and was killed in ours. Trunks goes back to his time, and kills the andriods quite easily. When he is going to go back in time to tell our timeline of this battle, Cell arrives from his timeline. You see, trunks has fought the cell of a different timline, but what about his own? He now fights and kills cell, who is in his first form.

I hope u now understand. If you do, u will ask "Are they going to fight the cell of the current timeline?" My answer is no, since they destroyed the little egg of cell in that timeline. Now it will never come back to haunt them.

kool now i actually understand i mean time travel is really hard to keep up with and thanks for explaining it all out for me must have takin you a while to type it all out!:cross: but thanks alot now the rest of the series makes sense now!!! :D thanks for all your trouble!!:D

Well, we are talking about how Cell and Trunks and every1 ended up at the same spot. Lik, how did cell get a hold of the time machine? When did he come from? That stuff. If you read my statement and still do not understand, then sry, can't help you.