OtakuBoards

OB Login Issues

TheResplendent

[FONT=Tahoma]Posting this on behalf of [COLOR=Indigo]Disenchanted[/COLOR], as she is having difficulty being able to post herself due to the following problem:

[Quote]Greetings,

I?m having problems with the OB [and other forums in general, but I hope that if I can get the OB fixed then I can hopefully get the others fixed as well]. When I attempt to log in the redirecting screen pops up like normal but when it returns to the OB index I am still not logged in. When I view certain parts of the OB, which parts I can?t say because it?s random, OB says that I am logged in [I can do things normally]; when I go back to the index I am logged out again. I use both Fire Fox and Internet Explorer, clearing my cookies has had no effect at all whatsoever, neither has changing my security settings. I just had windows service pack 2 installed, that?s when all the trouble started, if that really has anything to do with it.

Ob seems to not be updating either, for example, I know that new posts are made everyday because I have been asking friends to check but my computer does not acknowledge these updates to the board. My page does not refresh either. When I view the OB I appear to sign in and out randomly, for instance I may appear logged out but when I click on the Otaku Lounge for example I am logged in without actually going through the process. Have error reports from my computer if you wish to see them, if they can help in anyway.

This whole thing is rather frustrating and any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

-Disenchanted,
-Manda[/quote]
[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]For Internet Explorer: First, go to Tools > Internet Options and select the General tab. In the Temporary Internet files section click the Settings buttom and select "Every visit to the page" under "Check for newer versions of stored pages" and click OK. This will keep IE from showing you a cached version of the page even if there's a newer version on the server. Next, go to the Privacy tab and click the Edit button under Web Sites. Enter "otakuboards.com" and click the Allow button -- this will set IE to always allow cookies from OtakuBoards -- and then click OK, and OK again on the main settings window to save everything.

For Firefox: Go to Tools > Options and select Privacy. Select the Cookies tab and make sure the "Allow sites to set Cookies" box is checked. Next, click the Exceptions button beside that and enter "www.otakuboards.com" and click allow, and also allow "otakuboards.com" and click Close. This will likewise set Firefox to always allow cookies from OtakuBoards. Next, make sure the "unless I have removed cookies by the site" box is unchecked, and also make sure that "until they expire" is selected in the drop-down menu below the check boxes. Then click OK to save the settings.

Also, to force a page reload entirely from the server, hold in the Shift key while clicking reload in Firefox or Ctrl while clicking refresh in IE.

Hopefully this will fix things. It sounds like a problem with cookie/cache settings.[/color]