OtakuBoards

Happy Mother's Day!

Akieen Cloud

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Well it's that day and so far no one has put up the thread congratuating all of our mother's who are with us on OB. So I'm doing it now for all of us. Being a mother my self I know how nice it is to roll over in the morning and hear it as soon as you wake up or get a phone call from family. All of us have been here for some time and we get new ones every day, so wether your a veteran poster like me, or some one ho just joined us, if your a mother, happy mother's day to you.
I also have an alternative to this thread as well, for the mother's who post, what has been the weirdest, sweetest, or just down right most shocking thing that any one has ever done for you on mother's day? I've really only had one so mine aren't that great yet, so far it's been the usual, the saying and a card. lol. That's life. lol.[/COLOR][/FONT]

"Well it's that day and so far no one has put up the thread congratuating all of our mother's who are with us on OB." (Knuckles Girl-Quote)

That's true. I may not be a mom, LoL, (I'm a guy) but I just called my OWN mom, and told her Happy Mother's day. I want to let anyone on the OB how much mothers mean to their children.

1) If your kid asks you a question, and can't remember what they were going to say, they will say, "I love you," and mean it; for taking the time to acknowledge them.

2) If a child scrapes their knee, they call out for Mama, because they know that a mother's love is the most powerful healing ointment.

3) If you make something for a mom, and even if YOU know it's not all that great, a mom will love it; and that makes a kid happy to have a mom.

The list could go on and on, and I don't have that much time or energy to write it all down. I'll say this though; Mothers are what make the world go round. Without them, there wouldn't be a "kiss to make it better," and a bedtime "tuck-in". (A dad can do these things too; but it's just not as good as a mom doing it! :) ) I hope all of the mothers on OB have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day; you deserve it!

You scared me for a moment there ... I thought I'd completely forgotten! But it's just you crazy American types with your different dates for Mothers' Day. I didn't think it had been a year since I hunted round Windsor for those flowers, heh.

(Mothers' Day in Britain is on the fourth Sunday of Lent, for those not in the know.)

Can we use this thread for more than just saying "Happy Mother's Day," please? As far as I know there's only one active mother on OB, so the messages that don't go further than the greeting are a bit wasted. She'd appreciate breakfast in bed more than a message on an anime board, I'm sure!

Having said that, here's a US-variety Mothers' Day greeting for Aaryanna_Mom - hope you had a good one and that Aaryanna remembered and everything!

[QUOTE=Raiyuu] Can we use this thread for more than just saying "Happy Mother's Day," please? As far as I know there's only one active mother on OB, so the messages that don't go further than the greeting are a bit wasted. She'd appreciate breakfast in bed more than a message on an anime board, I'm sure!

Having said that, here's a US-variety Mothers' Day greeting for Aaryanna_Mom - hope you had a good one and that Aaryanna remembered and everything![/QUOTE]I'm sure there are others here on OB. ;) But you're right, breakfast in bed is definitely much nicer.

As for remembering...Aaryanna has always been sweet in that respect. Her along with SunfallE and Mariskah went in on it together and gave me the first season to Dr Who on DVD, so you can guess what I'll be watching later tonight! SunfallE may not be my daughter, but she's always been sweet too.

And now that I've probably embarrassed all of them enough, as for my most memorable Mother's day...It's hard to choose, there have been so many. I would have to say the one about two years ago when I was stuck in the hospital after having surgery. So many people came down and spent the day there with me. From the moment I woke up that Sunday till I went to bed I had company all day long. And more flowers than I knew what to do with. Which was great since I love flowers. :catgirl:

I called my mom to wish her a happy mothers day. She lives pretty far away. For some reason though her phone kept acting up so we didn't talk for that long. I think I'll send her an e-card as well.

I still live close to my parents so I went over earlier and spent some time with my mom. My dad always takes her out on Saturday, which he did, and then on Sunday those of us who still live close always show up for lunch. Which by the way either we prepare or buy premade. We never let her cook on Mother's day.

And then I always give her something I know she'll like. This year it was a cd of Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor along with another cd that had Piano Concertos by the same composer. It's something I know she's been wanting to add to her collection of classical cd's. And of course I always get her some roses since she's a great mom. :animesmil

[COLOR=DarkRed]Seems like my Mom already told you what I did. Hehe. I always try to get her something nice. ^_^ Because even though we have our differences, in the end she's still the coolest mom ever.

It helps to have friends who can drive to take you to the store to get the present too instead of needing your mom to take you. lol Though it's so easy to surprise my mom that you can practically wrap a gift right in front of her and the next day she's already forgotten about it. :p I've actually done that once, made a gift wrapped it and the next day (this was for Christmas one year) she was completely surprised that it was for her. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Seeing as I had a lot of things to do today (procrastinated on work and such), I really didn't do anything special for Mothers Day. I just took her out to eat (since I was driving she really went all out on the alcoholic drinks). It wasn't anything special though although the server was really nice and gave her a rose.

It must have been a lot though seeing as the tab came to around $100.00 and I offered and did pay for it. So other than that proud moment nothing much happened.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=dimgray] I usually buy her a gift and cook breakfast for her. :) This year I slept in by accident because I up late last night finishing a project, but I did get her Dior eyeshadow. Put a dent in my wallet, but hey. [/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I always get my mom something, even though the two of us do not get along and I rarely talk to her. She liked what I got her and that's what matters I suppose. And then having tolerated her for a while I got the heck out of there and ran back home. Believe me, it's better to end it before we end up fighting over something like we usually do.

Still there are lots of cool mom's out there and all in all it's a great day since many of them really deserve having something nice done for them. ^_~[/COLOR]