OtakuBoards

Help with MyOtaku profile?

Guest yashi katasan93

Guest yashi katasan93
Does anyone know how to make their profiles look like the ones on Inuyasha311 or Demon Dragon's profile? It bugs me to no end! :flush:

Guest yashi katasan93
[quote name='indifference][COLOR=Indigo']You might want to provide a link to the to pages you are referring to since not everyone here is a member of myOtaku. [/COLOR][/quote]

Well, then they wouldn't know how to do it, then, would they?

[COLOR=Indigo][quote name='yashi katasan93']Well, then they wouldn't know how to do it, then, would they?[/quote]How do you figure that? What I'm saying is that not everyone knows just who these people are and without seeing what their 'profile' is like they wouldn't know if they do know how to do it or not. It's common sense. To assume that they wouldn't know how to do it makes no sense whatsoever. It's not like they can read your mind and see what you want to know. lol

That would be like asking someone how to do the code for how my posts are done without a person seeing it first. It's not that hard, to provide a link to their page. Here's an example for you: [url]http://www.myotaku.com/users/indifference[/url] I can guarantee that plenty of members could look at my page and tell you exactly what I did to get it to look like it does. So I'm sure others could look at the pages you are interested in and see for themselves what they would have done. lol

There is quite a few ways to do one's profile so to speak so it's kind of unrealistic to think others instantly know what you are asking about.
[/COLOR]

Guest yashi katasan93
[QUOTE=indifference][COLOR=Indigo]How do you figure that? What I'm saying is that not everyone knows just who these people are and without seeing what their 'profile' is like they wouldn't know if they do know how to do it or not. It's common sense. To assume that they wouldn't know how to do it makes no sense whatsoever. It's not like they can read your mind and see what you want to know. lol

That would be like asking someone how to do the code for how my posts are done without a person seeing it first. It's not that hard, to provide a link to their page. Here's an example for you: [url]http://www.myotaku.com/users/indifference[/url] I can guarantee that plenty of members could look at my page and tell you exactly what I did to get it to look like it does. So I'm sure others could look at the pages you are interested in and see for themselves what they would have done. lol

There is quite a few ways to do one's profile so to speak so it's kind of unrealistic to think others instantly know what you are asking about.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

But if they aren't a member of MyOtaku, then they wouldn't be able to know what kinds of things that they would have to code around to make it look that way. I know how to do pretty much anything on any other site, but I don't know how to get rid of the sidebox and ads like they have. And if they have a myotaku, they can look them up quite easily, and if they don't, they'd have no clue what I'm talking about.

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='yashi katasan93']Does anyone know how to make their profiles look like the ones on Inuyasha311 or Demon Dragon's profile? It bugs me to no end! :flush:[/quote]Has it ever occurred to you to simply ask them directly? Also, when asking for help, it is usually a good idea to provide links since it just makes it easier for people, whether they are a member of myOtaku or not, since a quick glance will tell them if they even know how to do what you want. After all it's not that hard to look at the page's source code since membership isn't required for that. lol

Anyway, since that seems to be something you are unwilling to do I'll help you out here:

[url]http://www.myotaku.com/users/inuyasha311[/url]
[url]http://www.myotaku.com/users/demon_dragon[/url]

That took all of two seconds to get you know. ^_~ Also, indifference is right, I could easily write up the code for how she's done her page. Whether I was a member of myOtaku or not.

Anyway, best of luck since I've never done a set up like the two pages you mentioned. I've never cared for them since they tend to have issues once you get off your main page. Resulting in your archives being a total mess. Or keeping others from even being able to access them. [/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]Right click, View Page Source: For all your code-stealing needs.

Really, if you can't understand how they did something by looking at the code they used, it's unlikely that someone will be able to explain it to you. Which means you need to learn more about HTML, CSS, or JavaScript, depending on what they used to do it.[/color]

since this is about the profile, i seemd to have messed it up...
you see when i was trying to put a css textbox into my profile i saved it and looked at my site to find out that it wasnt the way i wanted it to be. So then i went back to delet the link/css codes but when i clicked on the save button it didnt save. It dosent wan to save anything that i change on the page no matter where. Please help me.