OtakuBoards

Peach Girl

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]No I'm not posting in the wrong forum. I was in Best Buy today and found two DVDs for Peach Girl.

First I was in shock, then I was bummed because I can't buy them until Friday. But I'm glad that it finailly became an anime.

For anyone who doesn't know...(what were you hiding under a rock?) Peach Girl is about this girl Momo Adachi who gets bullied for a while by her supposed friend Sae Kashiwagi and the entire student body except for Kiley Okiyasu.

I'm really glad that it's finally an anime and I intend on buying both DVDs this weekend and watching them. If anyone else has seen this anime, go ahead and share your opinions.[/color][/font]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Okay I finally bought the first DVD and watched the first five episodes (They cover book one to the middle of book three)

The full title of the anime is [b]Peach Girl Crazy Pop Love Hurricane[/b]. The opening song is Heavy Rotation which is one of my new favorite theme songs and the opening credits are mostly animated and include different shots of Momo, Sae, Kairi (That's what they started calling Kiley in the anime both the original and the dub.) and Toji. You also see a shot of 'The Gigalo' and Ryo [spoiler]Kairi's brother[/spoiler]

So far it's a fairly decent anime with a few still shots that overly remind you that it was a manga. And the closing credits are done with artbook shots reminicant to Fushigi Yugi. I'm not a fan of the end song, but that's just one personal opinion. And right now Kairi is my favorite character. In the Manga I liked Misao, but she doesn't get a lot of airtime yet (though this could just be because it's too early for the whole back story) Sae's voice actresses fit her character perfectly in both the Japanese and English versions.

The extras on this DVD include an interveiw with Momo Adachi's Japanese voice actress. I haven't checked everything else out yet, but I will soon. I should also have the second DVD by next week.

Thus ends my review[/color][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Peach Girl? Bleh! I read like 10 pages of one volume and I was disgusted. What I read was the main girl waking up in someone's bed and she couldn't believe she was there and that she apparently had sex or something.

From what I got from that...

"I can't believe I slept with a guy? Oh my gosh! I'm dress like a slut and I feel like one now."

I was not impressed. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"]Peach Girl? Bleh! I read like 10 pages of one volume and I was disgusted. What I read was the main girl waking up in someone's bed and she couldn't believe she was there and that she apparently had sex or something.

From what I got from that...

"I can't believe I slept with a guy? Oh my gosh! I'm dress like a slut and I feel like one now."

I was not impressed. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I think Miwa Ueda drew Momo that way to show that you can't judge a person by how they look. Because through all 18 volumes of the manga [spoiler]Momo never actually had sex... hells she had a hard time kissing a guy some of the time. The stuff in the condom was just shampoo and Sae had done something to her drink[/spoiler]

Hey I liked the manga and I'm glad it's an anime now... [/color][/font]