OtakuBoards

Cuckoo and Broken Eggs[PG]

Guest Copycatalyst

Guest Copycatalyst
[[url=http://www.chromosomecowboy.com/mitchmusic/M%20-%20Cuckoo%20and%20Broken%20Eggs.mp3]M - Cuckoo and Broken Eggs.mp3[/url]]

Our creation is cremated
Our assesses are ashes
Our teeming fiber of alive
Is skinned and bled hollow
They give me cystic fibrosis
They give me neurotic neurosis

Just crucify me on your cross
Just give the Lennon Gun
The Malcolm X dying sun
The JFK lone gunman sale

They know not what they do
They never will and it's true
They murder us yet we flew
Cuckoo and broken eggs

We dust like a dusk of dew
It's time to end this
It's through
I will never forgive you
For the beauties you slew

We fly in minds and fall in time
Fractured craters to plastic thyme
We hold shardhands for their crimes
For their plastic brains and lives

We bleed to each other
They watch in awed surprise
As they shoot us to suicide

Even though we live
Longer than their genocide

[COLOR="Navy"][B]Copy[/B], I don't know what to trust more. The title or the words!

I was reading the title thinking that this poem was about chickens and the relevance of[B] "what came first?"[/B] But I got something else. Yet, I liked what I got. Pretty good poem. I really like the first stanza. But what exactly is [B]thyme[/B]? I always thought it was a spice! >_<

Eh, like it matters. But I've also noticed that you don't exactly get feedback, so I decided to this thyme, but as I read more of your work, I get what you think a lot better.
[/COLOR]

Guest Copycatalyst
I always hated titles until they were nighted. Thyme is a spice, yes, of course. At this point the words don't even matter to me; they're just a toy I employ to make new images and new functions of themselves in order to get across a message that goes beyond the words. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate.

[quote name='Copycatalyst']I always hated titles until they were nighted. Thyme is a spice, yes, of course. At this point the words don't even matter to me; they're just a toy I employ to make new images and new functions of themselves in order to get across a message that goes beyond the words. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]Your very welcome Copy. Once you think about it, words are what you make of them. But deceiving titles sometimea draw attention. It did to me anyways! XD[/COLOR]

Guest Copycatalyst
Well, words have a certain [i]feel[/i] to me. . .even past their connotative meanings. As far as connotation, words indeed are what we make them. In my mind I have, however, as-objective-as-possible definitions of various words which fall under the denotation I have of them. And in the end, connotation and denotation fade away and what's left is merely. . .Attempting to use words which instill what I am trying to say to the reader. It's all about fashioning an image of myself, to make a prison of words around myself, brick-by-brick, syllable-by-syllable and sound-by-sound. It's a wall, a wall that protects me from those who will not understand me, and still reaches out and considers, through a fracture reflection they see of me in themselves, an image of who I really am to those who will attempt to see what I am saying in the rhythm and rhyme; and behind it all, if you can pry away the bricks, and the wall, you will find me here--at last truthfully in all my multitudes and my variability, and you will find the core essence of the amazing ability and propensity to [i]change[/i] that is the human being.