OtakuBoards

Last Names?

Lassoam

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]Scence it's not important, why are you asking? But I think Vegeta has a last name...Vegeta. [/B][/QUOTE]
Errr, what?! How can Vegeta have the same last name as he's first name?

When you hear the names spoken in the japanese episodes, look (the subtitles) at what they are saying when they call out someone's name. They usually call someone's name with a "-san" on the end of it. This is not, however, their last name. It simply means more of a polite way to call someone, like "Mr. Goku", or "Mr. Gohan." As you can see, what they put on the end of the name in japanese, means to put something in the beggining of the name in english. So when a weird word comes on the beggining in japanese, it comes on the end in english, what you would know as the last name. Son Gohan. In English this would be Gohan Son. Son is his last name which you may hav noticed floating around if u watch the japanese episodes. In japanese prefix, the last name comes first, before the first name. This is used for the family name as honor.

In conlusion, Goku, Goten, and Goku's last names are Son. Bulma, her parents, and trunks' last names are Brief. We hav yet to find out the rest of their last names.

Guest Saiyaman
Goku/Chichi/Goten/Gohan - Son or San
Bulma/Trunks/Docter and Misses Briefs - Briefs

Anyone elses' name is my guess.