OtakuBoards

User Names: Because Repeat Threads Are Good For You!

SunfallE

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom'] Though if people prefer to call me by my given name Kathy, that's fine too. :catgirl:[/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][size=1]

I think I'd have to be a little more respectful.

How's Mrs. Kathy sound?[/color][/size]

I have quite a storied history here, lol.

I first registered for the boards in 2001 unde rthe name [b]Ginyu_Frogz, [/b]I thought it was quite cool at the time, sicne it referenced Captain Ginyu from DragonBall Z and his transformation into a frog, in one name! I later grew to think of the name as retarded, and never made a single post with the account.

Then I registered a year later as [b]Saiyangohan2002,[/b] when I was most active in the Dragonball forum. I made about 150 posts or so with that account, somewhere close to moving on from the newbie title, if I recall. I decided to ditch the account and start over, using a locked thread as a catalyst. It was, however, more to do with the looming year 2003 than anythign else!

[b]Nuchlear[/b] followed SG2k2, it was intentionally mis-spelt in order to get me a hotmail account by the name without having to add any numbers to it. I used nuchlear for some time in any forum or image hosting service that I registered for in that year, and only lost my final tie to that name last year.

When the first official name change rolled around, I became [b]SunRiZe,[/b] to reflect the anime/manga I was working on. This lasted for all of two weeks before I felt the name I had taken on was rather girly, and I ditched my account again for the new account names [b]S@bretooth. [/b] It would be my last full account change and I used it to further my argument concerning not caring for post counts in a suggestions thread fo the time.

S@bretooth was partially inspired by Foredaddy and his carefree, often humorous persona and an attempt to reflect some form of humour in my own username. I felt that, in the end, it was too n00bish and changed it to [b]Shinji Ikari,[/b] when I felt that any possible connection between myself and the Shinji of V2 had died down, I took the name "Ikari" off and posted as [b]Shinji.[/b]

I'm perhaps best known for the name Shinji and 3 variations of it. [b]Shinji Ikari, Shinji[/b] and later [b]Shinje.[/b] I spent the best aprt of my OB experiences under those names.

In the end, I felt that the disticntion between the V2 Shinji and myself would never diminish as logn as I carried the name. So I changed it to [b]Rapture Ruckus[/b] for about 6 moths, to reflect my newfound spiritual side and promote the Christian rap group I had become fond of.

This tired out and I reverted back to a Shinji based name, [b]Shinje.[/b] I did this for two reasons: I didn't feel like my new name had resonated with people and I wanted to be recognisable to two older members who had rejoined the forums.

Earlier this year and 1 year to the day I became Rapture Ruckus, I grew some cajones and became [b]Jeremiah, [/b]naming myself after an Old Testament prophet To once again reflect my beleifs on the OtakuBoards. This coincided with Otakupedia, which I felt adequately catalogued my storied name change history enough that I could move on from Shinji and still be recognised as an old member of these here forums.

Phew! 11 names in total, that must be some sort of *nifty* record, eh?

Future name changes? I'm not ruling that out. 2K7 Digital Boy is challenging my name-change throne!

But seriously, I'd expect my [b]12th [/b]sometime next year, and I'd bet it has something to do with Springfield on my mind.

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Screw your repeat threads, they are not good for you.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Oh boo hoo.

My username was originally AltronWing. It was rather simple, in that I chose it because those were my two favorite Gundams (Altron was piloted by Wufei, Wing Zero by Heero). I realized how noob it sounded, though, and switched it up.

My name is Retribution because I'm obsessed with punishing people and crushing the fun out of life. [B][I][U]ESPECIALLY ON OTAKUBOARDS.[/U][/I][/B][/size]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I've only had two usernames on OtakuBoards, which were iggypopD and my current one, Billy Shears.

The iggypopD was based on the musician, since I was in a big [B]Stooges[/B] phase then. I decided to change it to Billy Shears based on the fictional character from the [B]Beatles[/B] album, [I]Sgt. Peppers' Lonely Hearts Club Band[/I].

The PM I sent Charles (when he was site admin) inquired "If you change my name, will I still be considered a 'member' and not a 'new member'?". Charles, full of his ever-loving whiplash sarcasm, has forever changed my member title to 'Still a Member', poking fun at my childish question. I feel special since not many people have that part of their title changed.

I recently joined Group Sounds (referred to it by Goodbye, Face) as Chief Sitting Duck, named after the [B]Don Caballero[/B] song.

My AIM account is sk8boarding4d, since I used to really enjoy skateboarding. I haven't changed it since I've had the damn thing for almost nine years now.

So in a sense, all my names are based on music. [/SIZE][/COLOR]