OtakuBoards

um..I need some help........

stardust

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolkam007 [/i]
[B]^^;; good question.. too bad i couldn't help..

i have an idea.. take a camera.. and have people take your picture while you try.. then you can post them for us?.. ^-^;;;;;;;; [/B][/QUOTE]

u tryin to get sum blackmail material on me??there's no way I'm doin that!

[SIZE=1]I've heard it's basically like rollerblading on ice. The sharp edge to the ice skate keeps your standing position and from there you just go with it. If all else fails just tell him youve never really done it before and ask for him to show you the ropes and stuff ;)[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I've heard it's basically like rollerblading on ice. The sharp edge to the ice skate keeps your standing position and from there you just go with it. If all else fails just tell him youve never really done it before and ask for him to show you the ropes and stuff ;)[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

lol,I have before,for a school trip,unfortunately I fell down and this guy helped me up,actually,that might b a plus,I got my first boyfriend that day:love:

Hey There Stardust

O.K here is all the advice I can give U re. Ice skating

Keep your knees very slightly bent and always keep your back straight. If you think you are about to fall, bend your knees a little more. That may stop you from leaning too far forwards or backwards and would cause the least damage if you fall. You see...it would be much better to hurt your *** than to fall on your head ;)

Better off you sticking close to someone. If you need to make the railing your best friend, then don't skate right near it coz the ice becomes uneven, thus making it hard to balance....you don't need that. Keep it half an arms length away, so that way you can still reach it.

Hope all the above helps. Be careful, you definitely don't want any blades riding over ya...ooowwwch!!! GOOD LUCK, sweetie:D

Lots-A-Luv

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Delian [/i]
[B]Hey There Stardust

O.K here is all the advice I can give U re. Ice skating

Keep your knees very slightly bent and always keep your back straight. If you think you are about to fall, bend your knees a little more. That may stop you from leaning too far forwards or backwards and would cause the least damage if you fall. You see...it would be much better to hurt your *** than to fall on your head ;)

Better off you sticking close to someone. If you need to make the railing your best friend, then don't skate right near it coz the ice becomes uneven, thus making it hard to balance....you don't need that. Keep it half an arms length away, so that way you can still reach it.

Hope all the above helps. Be careful, you definitely don't want any blades riding over ya...ooowwwch!!! GOOD LUCK, sweetie:D

Lots-A-Luv [/B][/QUOTE]

thanx del,ur an angel:angel:

OMG i love iceskating i was in the comptitions at one point but then i dropped out cause i popped my knee...*shudders*
But yes i will tell you what to do!!
just stand on the ice for a min or two till you get comfortable with being on skates then push off with your blade slowly but DO NOT USE THE TOE PICK i have had a lot of bad experiences with those !!!! :cross: then slowly skate with your left foot then the right foot alway keeping you knees slightly bent if you want to stop then just push your blades sideways at the same time trust me it is not as hard as it looks and if you feel really uncomfortable then i advise you to wear a helmet!! i hope you have lots of luck and like delian said don't skate near the boards to much because it is very bumpy but i think if you don't use your toe pick you will be perfect!!!!!:) ;) good luck and i hope this helped

It depends on what you are using.if you use figure skates, then you should always keep your knees bent and always lean back only a bit because of the toe break. if you are using hokey skates[in my opinion the easiest becuase it doesnt have a toe break]then bend you also have to bend your knees. try to keep most of the pressure on the front of the blade. if you want to go faster, just lean forward and bend your knees more.

PS. Good luck! Hope my advice helped. :D

[color=indigo]I wonder if you'll get this info before you go skating. I have three pieces of advice for you about skating:

1. Don't worry about eveyone elses advice (except for coolkam007, worry about him), it was all very good, but it is like reading a book about riding a bike, you might know the physics in theory but it takes practice to be able to put the theory into motion.

2. Don't try too hard to break the fall, thats how people get hurt

3. Hold on to the boy you are with tight...if your not going with a boy, find a cute one that looks like he has some idea how to skate and tell him to teach you how....[/color]