OtakuBoards

A Wind Named Amnesia

Panache

[QUOTE=THEM anime reviews]Synopsis
In the year 199X, a strange wind blows across the globe, and in its wake follows a total, complete amnesia where the everyone forgets who they are, how to speak...everything. The vast technological advances of modern society go to waste as humans are suddenly reduced to the level of animals, fighting their once-neighbors to survive.

Two years later, a young man named Wataru, who was miraculously re-educated from his amnesia, roams the countryside of America in search of survivors, evidence of developing civilization -- in short, the essence of what truly drives humanity. Accompanied by a mysterious woman who also somehow retains her memory, Wataru must find out the truth of who we really are...and what was behind the mysterious forgetting.[/QUOTE]
I borrowed this synopsis from THEM anime reviews.
[URL="http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=477"]http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=477[/URL]

I think this is a classic anime that not many people know about. The basic storyline is very creative. I have never found another one like it to date. It really drills into what people can turn into given the right circumstances and how people have a very powerful will to survive. The music and voice acting was top notch(although I personally think any dub that isn't bad is good...). The characters were very interesting and you can relate to them more often than not. Overall I thought this was a great anime.

So have any of you guys seen this? What do you think about it? After reading this post would you go and watch it?

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Avenged666fold']So have any of you guys seen this? What do you think about it? After reading this post would you go and watch it?[/QUOTE]I've seen it and to be frank I found it boring. It was interesting from the standpoint of what the overall story idea was about, but the execution was poor. I kept expecting a story but the truth is, there just wasn't much of a story at all. Sure it was about people and what motivates them but it never went much further.

Also in my opinion, it ended cheaply with a quickly tossed in [spoiler]sex scene instead of any real form of a conclusion. [/spoiler]I'm glad I only rented it though netfix instead of purchasing the show. [/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]I've seen it and to be frank I found it boring. It was interesting from the standpoint of what the overall story idea was about, but the execution was poor. I kept expecting a story but the truth is, there just wasn't much of a story at all. Sure it was about people and what motivates them but it never went much further.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE] I thought it had a good story. It showed the people on their journey. Why the people went on their journey. Then they ended that journey. Not the most complex way of storytelling but it is still a story. But I guess that's your opinion and I can't change that.