OtakuBoards

Hot Chocolate!

Boo

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]I, by no means, am a hot chocolate connoisseur. I rarely drink the stuff and i certainly haven't any of the higher up brands of hot chocolate. That said, i still love the stuff... under the right conditions.

I believe hot chocolate is a mood drink. Ya gotta have it when you're freezing you butt off. If yer arse is still connected then ye can't have hot chocolate! You also need good people to huddle around while drinking the hot chocolate, preferably attractive members of the opposite sex.

So... probably my best experiences with hot chocolate all have to do with cold days of marching band back in highschool. Go to a marching contest, below freezing, they'd always have hot chocolate for us. It just tasted better! Plus... huddling. Bwaha! Crazy band kids!

Bye bye.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Reminisce'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="SandyBrown"]I know the feeling, but the only difference was the maker. About a year ago, my mother's husband tried to make hot chocolate. Using a spanish type of chocolate bar, milk and goodness knows what else. When he did it and poured it with milk...it was thick and tasteless. I tasted more the milk than the bar...worse hot chocolate experiance.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Pink"][B][FONT="Georgia"]I totally remember that incident and what a bad one it was! Remember when I went to the kitchen and poured it out (I'll tell her when she wakes up tomarrow.)! Anyhow, of course I would love the sweet and warm taste of joy! I don't like the marshmellows though and the whip cream either. Milk and powder mix are all I need to enjoy a good evening on a winter season. On a side note, I don't like coffee shop cocoa and it is because it's made with water.

About the apple cider, I have never tried it! Is it some kind of tea and if it is, then that would be a negative. I despise tea with all my loving heart! But, it doesn't hurt to try and I'll make Denny try it (As well as buy it..heehee.).[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

Oh gosh, I went through a phase of Hot Chocolate drinking. I mean, it was NONSTOP drinking. My mom finally had to start making it taste bad [LOL] to make me stop. So now, I barely drink it. I mean, she made it taste bad to the point of VOMITTING.. bad memories.

Whatta jerk, ey? :(
Or maybe I was too addicted.

ANYWAYS, no more hot chocolate obsession for me anymore.

This may sound strange, but when I'm making hot chocolate at home, I always make sure to have some leftover candy canes from Christmas (my mother buys them in bulk, so we never seem to run out). The reason for the canes, which we have in multiple flavors, is to stir the hot chocolate in your mug. As the cane melts, flavor is added to the hot chocolate, thereby increasing its divine goodness.

Best one in my opinion so far? A blueberry candy cane.

Another option (which is for those that are 21 and over) is peppermint schnapps. Mmmmmm.... minty hot chocolate with the afteraffect of a buzz... :catgirl: