OtakuBoards

Parents leaving for vacations

Korey

More specifically, has anyone's parents ever left you and your siblings to go on an "Adults Only" vacation? My parents went to Phoenix this weekend to go see a baseball game, because my pops is leaving for Korea next month. My dad never gets to do anything cool because he is always providing for us.

Needless to say, I miss them. My life would fall apart if it wasn't for my mom. She keeps me on track and never lets me forget who I am and where I came from. At least they come back today. But I'll be at work when they get home....T_T. Hopefully they bought me a souvenir.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Good to know you have loving parents and that your mom is like your best freind. I think they will definitly bring you something (Probably not what you expect though...parents never get it right..lol j/k.). But to get to the point, I've had my mom and her husband go out for their honeymoon and man was I happy! I never liked the guy and my mom never went away before. Plus my mother and I weren't in good terms (Not that we are now). So I had the weekend to myself and I had like two of my best friends over. We did the girly thing and baked. Yes, our fatty selves ate it too! It was a blast and wished it could be like this at times.

My mother was super stricted and over-protective. Mind you I was in college (Still am) and an adult. I couldn't even sleep at my best friends house. Overall, it just varies on your relationship status. Some are happy and others miss them. I certianly didn't think about it much, but she's still my mother; So I can't lie and say I didn't miss her at least a little.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE]My mother was super stricted and over-protective.-Denny[/QUOTE]

[INDENT][B][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Pink"]Mom can always be like that and I too enjoyed the weekend! I wish it would be nice to actaully miss my mother (Parents would be even nicer.), but not everyone can have a happy family. But I will tell you this, when I was away from my sister; I sure did miss her with all my heart! It felt like it was vacation (In truth...I thought I would never see her again.) and hoped that the day I would be back with her would come soon.

A few of my freinds usaully have their parents go away in the summer. Trust me they suffer on the fact, that they have to stay over one of their relatives. They also hope that their mom usaully brings them souvenirs and money from their long distant relatives![/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/INDENT]

Well my parents did that many times when I was younger, and though I always missed them, we usually stayed at my grandparents house. Which was equally as fun since my Mom's parents are pretty awesome. So even though we always missed our parents, staying at grandma's was a treat. Heh. Now, that all of us are living on our own, my parents travel a whole lot more. Though I don't really miss them while they're gone. It's just not the same since I haven't lived at home for quite a while.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Well there was this one time when my parent's went on a "Adult's Only" vacation to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. So guess what I was thinking? [B]Party[/B]. And then I later learned that I would be staying with my grandma for the weekend...;_;.[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]My parents never went on a parents only vacation. In all honesty, they were too messed up and busy fighting to even consider going on a vacation together. All that happened was shortly before I turned twelve they got divorced. I had friends who's parents would do that and at the time, I wondered why they were going off to argue elsewhere since I hadn't learned yet that not all parents fight like mine did. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KibaKibbles
My parents went to California for 3 days. It was horrible. I was alone, but I got to hang out with my friends pretty late. And my neighbor 'supposedly' checks in on me.