OtakuBoards

.hack//G.U. Trilogy Movie

Nony

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum or inappropriate.

------

Great news for all .hack//G.U. fans! There's been an announcement about a .hack//G.U. movie. I'll copy and paste the news that was posted on [u][URL=www.dothackers.net]dothackers.net[/URL][/u]:

[b]"Today the long-awaited countdown finally came to an end, and CyberConnect2 announced something that is sure to excite .hack fans everywhere—a .hack//G.U. movie! Entitled .hack//G.U. Trilogy (CC2 Site [URL=http://www.cyberconnect2.jp/trilogy/index.html]here[/URL]), it’s a 80 minute CG animation, being released straight to DVD and Bluray January 25th.

Directed by the G.U. games director and CC2 president Hiroshi "Piros" Matsuyama himself, Trilogy will retell the story of the games we all know and love, with a new level of cinematic detail beyond what can be done in a PS2 game. Trilogy will include 10 minutes of bonus features, and a “Parody Mode”, not seen since the Japanese release of the first four games. There will also be a limited edition, which will include a full color ".hack//G.U. World Guide.""[/b]

When I saw the news, my jaw literally dropped. Heh, finally, the one thing that's missing from .hack, a movie. I hope it doesn't take TOO long for it to come over to the States. Honestly, Bandai would be full of morons if they didn't localize it.
The one thing I hope people don't compare it to is FFVII:AC, although I admit both situations are rather similar.

By the way, you can also go to dothackers.net and see some images of the graphics for the movie. Pretty sweet, I must say.

If the movie comes out without any delay, like FFVII: AC for example, then I for one would also get the .hack//G.U. Trilogy movie because I already past the .hack//G.U. game volume 1-3 and I am fan of the game. I am also excited that it will come out, but waiting till next year will take a while. So don't call it good, which I know it will be good, until we see the actual movie. I hope that [B][U]Fans[/U][/B] of the video game will like it when this movie will be release. So is there going to be any pre-order soon? Because if they are, then I will put my money to get the movie when it release out in the States.

I'm guessing the movie is gonna be nonstop drama. After all, it has to basically summarize all 3 G.U. games in around 80 minutes. I can only hope it's good. I know [i]I'll[/i] like it, since I'm a fan; it's people that have yet to play the G.U. games that I would wonder about.

I haven't seen any kind of preorder around yet; though I bet that when it gets closer to release date, [b][url=www.play-asia.com]Play Asia[/url][/b] will have it. There's apparently gonna be a Special Edition too, with some kind of .hack//G.U. Guidebook. Ooh, I want it, I want it!

I hope they have new music for the movie too.
More .hack OSTs = <3