OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: Final Council

Sandy

Who do you want to win the OtakuBoards Survivor 4?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the OtakuBoards Survivor 4?

• Aaryanna
    • Rachmaninoff

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/4-logo.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]The time to decide the winner of OtakuBoards Survivor 4 is here! After nine long months, nineteen tough adversaries and eleven grueling challenges, only two contestants remain. They are...

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]Aaryanna[/SIZE]and [SIZE="5"]Rachmaninoff[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Both of them have done a superb job in outwitting, outplaying and outlasting all the others. They have ventured into every corner of OtakuBoards and proved themselves of being capable of facing whatever the message board throws at their way. There can only be one winner, however.

The winner will be chosen by seven votes: six coming from the Jury, formed from evicted players, and the last one coming from the vast public - that's you, reading this thread.

[u]The Jury[/u] will vote by sending me a [i]private message[/i] with the name of the person who they want to win. The Jury consists of [B]8bit[/B], [B]Aaryanna_Mom[/B], [B]BKstyles[/B], [B]Ezekiel[/B], [B]Shy[/B] and [B]SunfallE[/B].

The public will vote with the [I]poll[/I] located above.

The person with more votes will win this whole game along with the title of the Survivor of OtakuBoards, and the honor of joining Rain, GinnyLyn and Raiyuu in the list of OB Survivor winners.

While the votes come in, I'd like if people (the members of the Jury, other evicted players, anyone else) would ask questions from the two finalists. That might help you to make up your mind, if you're having trouble deciding.

Now, however, for one final time, [B]it's time to vote[/B].[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Only one question Sandy and it's more for you than for either Rachmaninoff or Aaryanna. And that is... Why did it come down to two people that would be a pain to choose from? :p Still congrats on making it this far you two, honestly, it won't be an easy choice. At least for me it won't.

*tries to think of a question...*

[B]Alright, out of everyone who was a part of this... Who do you think was the most creative/dedicated with their input for the challenges?[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Why did it come down to two people that would be a pain to choose from? [/COLOR][/QUOTE]I so agree. Anyway... I'll add to the questions since honestly it is a hard choice in my opinion, both of you have done well. :catgirl:

So with that in mind answer this:

[B]If you could share your victory with anyone, other than the other finalist, who would it be and why?[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"][B]Alright, out of everyone who was a part of this... Who do you think was the most creative/dedicated with their input for the challenges?[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]That's so hard to answer since so many people were very creative during the challenges. With the horror story by the Mercenaries standing out along with the dioramas made by both Aaryanna and Ezekiel and Keyblade Wielder's approach to moderating. In the end I would have to say the one who I found to be the most creative/dedicated was none other than Aaryanna. I was very impressed by how well she handled the Abortion debate as well as the diorama she made. In my opinion, she's clearly dedicated and very creative. :)
[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][B]If you could share your victory with anyone, other than the other finalist, who would it be and why?[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Anomaly. Not only is she fun to talk to, but she was very supportive when I struggled with the rap challenge. Honestly... That thing drove me nuts. XP But she not only helped me with questions I had about it, but she's was a great contestant as well with all the support she gave to the teams she was in.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='indifference;791194][COLOR="Indigo"][B]Alright, out of everyone who was a part of this... Who do you think was the most creative/dedicated with their input for the challenges?[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]So many to choose from! Like Rach said, there were a lot of people who were creative and stood out. ^_^ Probably the one I remember the most is Ezekiel. I really liked the diorama she made. Not only did she come up with the concept of mutant Sunflowers, but then to turn around and draw and color the entire thing by hand? I wish I was that creative. ^_^[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][B]If you could share your victory with anyone, other than the other finalist, who would it be and why?[/B][/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Only one huh? The problem is I'd want to share it with Anomaly and Darren for being a part of the Hopeless horror story we did. ^_^ I think that more than anything got me going on doing my best in every challenge I was given. So I'd difinately want to share it with them. [[SIZE="1"]I know that's two... sorry. >_<[/SIZE]][/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=Century Gothic]I should probably stress that [I]anyone[/I] can vote on the poll, no matter if you've been following the competition or not.

I'm still lacking votes from [B]Aaryanna_Mom[/B], [B]8bit[/B] and [B]Keyblade Wielder[/B] (who hasn't even been around lately), but I will announce the result as soon as it's clear. I have to say that at this points it's anybody's game, you two are so even.[/font]

[SIZE="1"]Here's a question for both of you:

I know that since this an online survivor, it's a bit harder to incorperate strategy. But still, I tried to do for as long as I was around. So my question is,

"What was your most strategic move that most likely got you to the final two? And if you feel that strategy wasn't a major factor in your gameplay, what is the one move that you regret the most and why?"[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sandy'][font=Century Gothic]I'm still lacking votes from [B]Aaryanna_Mom[/B], [B]8bit[/B] and [B]Keyblade Wielder[/B] (who hasn't even been around lately), but I will announce the result as soon as it's clear. I have to say that at this points it's anybody's game, you two are so even.[/font][/QUOTE]I am sorry Sandy, you would think it would be a much easier choice considering things, but honestly, it's not. I've been giving it a lot of thought as to who I should vote for. So I'll add another question to the finalists to help me make up my mind.

[B]Name one or two challenges that given a chance you would have changed the rules to, if changed then what would you have done differently, or removed from the game altogether and why. [/B]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Darren'][SIZE="1"]"What was your most strategic move that most likely got you to the final two? And if you feel that strategy wasn't a major factor in your gameplay, what is the one move that you regret the most and why?"[/SIZE][/QUOTE]My strategy was to have fun, seriously. As well as do the best I could since I'm always trying to prove that being younger doesn't mean you aren't smart. XP For that reason I did a lot of research on the Abortion debate since I really wanted to win and the best way to do so, in my opinion, was to arm myself with as much knowledge as possible.

As for regretting a move, I didn't expect Sandy to focus on the fact that the initial Mercenary avatar and banner had names. I thought it would be unique and that went against us. I didn't think of it at the time, but I could have done a banner with Captain and then Agent 001, Agent 002, Agent 003 and so on. That would have worked pretty well and left the need to modify or update the banners unnecessary. [quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']I am sorry Sandy, you would think it would be a much easier choice considering things, but honestly, it's not. I've been giving it a lot of thought as to who I should vote for. So I'll add another question to the finalists to help me make up my mind.

[B]Name one or two challenges that given a chance you would have changed the rules to, if changed then what would you have done differently, or removed from the game altogether and why. [/B][/QUOTE]:p I have a hint for you Mom [spoiler]Its white, furry and absolutely adorable! Kidding! [/spoiler]

Anyway, all joking aside, the one thing I would have removed was the hunt for those SS's. It was a fun idea but the time constraint annoyed the hell out of me since I had school and literally couldn't do anything. Fortunately the rest of the challenges were not time based.

Now if I were to change the rules of one, it would have been the debates, I would have had both teams debating at the same time to keep people more involved. It was a fun challenge, but it left too many people sitting doing nothing.

Other than that, there isn't much I would have removed or changed. XP Well perhaps the tiny poetry deal between Beth and BKstyles. That just seemed so anti-climatic compared to the other challenges. It would have been fun to see them do a full out poetry deal like Rach did for the final victory piece.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Darren'][SIZE="1"]"What was your most strategic move that most likely got you to the final two? And if you feel that strategy wasn't a major factor in your gameplay, what is the one move that you regret the most and why?"[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I didn't have one really, a strategy that is, and that's probably what led to my getting voted off in the first place. When we did the story challenge, I didn't have much experience with it so other than to give some input I didn't really do much. I kind of wish I had insisted or at least tried a little harder to be a part of it.

It was easier when I returned since the very first challenge was making a team song and music was something I was far more familiar with. So being more involved was much easier, I also decided at that time to make sure I was as involved as possible, even when it was something I knew nothing about.[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom'][B]Name one or two challenges that given a chance you would have changed the rules to, if changed then what would you have done differently, or removed from the game altogether and why. [/B][/QUOTE]The only one I would have removed was the time constraint one, just like Aaryanna already mentioned. I was glad when it turned out to be the only one with time issues. It was an interesting idea, but I think it didn't work very well in this environment.

If I were to change the rules for a few, like the debate I also would have made some of those final challenges between team members to be done at the same time. It sort of dragged things out a bit and I think it sort of made people feel like there wasn't much point in sticking around if there wasn't much to be done. They were still a good idea though, even if the rap challenge annoyed me to no end. Though it did help me get better at writing poetry a little. [[SIZE="1"]I think[/SIZE]]

Anyway, for the most part I think the challenges were fine the way they were, if only because until you try it, it's hard to know if something is going to work well online.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][B]The votes are in![/B]

The public poll marks 4 votes to Aaryanna, and 8 votes to Rachmaninoff. That means [B]Rachmaninoff[/B] gets the public vote.

As for the votes of the Jury, three went to Aaryanna, and three went to Rachmaninoff.

Yes, that is correct. The winner of OtakuBoards Survivor 4 and the subsequent title of the Survivor of OtakuBoards is...

[SIZE="5"][CENTER][COLOR="Red"]R[/COLOR][COLOR="Orange"]a[/COLOR][COLOR="Gold"]c[/COLOR][COLOR="Green"]h[/COLOR][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]m[/COLOR][COLOR="Indigo"]a[/COLOR][COLOR="Purple"]n[/COLOR][COLOR="Indigo"]i[/COLOR][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]n[/COLOR][COLOR="Green"]o[/COLOR][COLOR="Gold"]f[/COLOR][COLOR="Orange"]f[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]![/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Congratulations on my behalf, Darren! You outwitted, outplayed and outlasted [I]ten[/I] challenges and [I]twenty[/I] other contestants! There is only one question for this type of situation: [B]How do you feel now?[/B]

Thank you, [B]Aaryanna[/B], it was a real close call and in my honest opinion you deserved to win this game just as much as Rachmaninoff. You were the real life of this game.

I also want to thank our Jury - [B]Aaryanna_Mom[/B], [B]8Bit[/B], [B]BKstyles[/B], [B]Ezekiel[/B], [B]Shy[/B] and [B]SunfallE[/B] - for their hard but all-so-necessary decision. Thanks goes to the other contestants as well; [B]Keyblade Wielder[/B], [B]Anomaly[/B], [B]Gavin[/B], [B]indifference[/B], [B]Allamorph[/B], [B]kalon[/B], [B]Darren[/B], [B]Dragon Warrior[/B], [B]Kitty[/B], [B]Peanut[/B], [B]JJ[/B], [B]Sakura[/B] and [B]The Boss[/B]. You all dared to face whatever the OtakuBoards made you face, and you put up a heck of a fight!

It's been a long, [I]long[/I] nine months, but I dare say that this has been the most influential OtakuBoards Survivor yet, and I'm extremely proud of getting to host it. Thank you all!

I'll give the final words to our finalists, Rachmaninoff and Aaryanna.[/FONT]

[quote name='Sandy'][FONT="Century Gothic"]Congratulations on my behalf, Darren! You outwitted, outplayed and outlasted [I]ten[/I] challenges and [I]twenty[/I] other contestants! There is only one question for this type of situation: [B]How do you feel now?[/B][/FONT][/QUOTE]How do I feel? Like someone snuck up on me and zapped me with a cattle prod or something. :animestun Honestly, I was not expecting to see that result because Aaryanna is such a fierce opponent. I firmly agree that she deserved to win as much if not more than I did. This whole thing has been one surprise after another, from exhilirating, to frustrating to downright good fun. So thanks for everything, all of you. Especially you Sandy, for hosting it to begin with. :catgirl:

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Sandy'][FONT="Century Gothic"]Thank you, [B]Aaryanna[/B], it was a real close call and in my honest opinion you deserved to win this game just as much as Rachmaninoff. You were the real life of this game.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Thanks. :catgirl: I had a lot of fun.

Congratulations Rachmaninoff! :catgirl: I enjoyed competing against you in the beginning, working with you upon your return as a teammate and then later going up against you in the final challenge. Just as I had fun with everyone else too. I'm kind of sorry to see it come to an end. Like Rach said Sandy, thanks for putting Survivor up and hosting it. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]Alright, thanks again, you two. Now it's time to put a closing to this game as well.

I just want to say that even though I've enjoyed hosting four OtakuBoards Survivor-games tremendously, I think I'm kind of drained out of ideas. So it's very unlikely that I'll ever start another one.

But if someone else wants to host a new OB Survivor sometime, you are free to PM and I'd be happy to give you tips and directions.

But for now, Sandy bows out![/FONT]