OtakuBoards

This School or That One

cancer

[SIZE="1"]I am currently attending West Liberty State College in West Virginia, a regular college with a decent graphic design program. The graphic design facilities are pretty nice too. I am going to college here to get my bachelors degree in graphic design basically free, on a scholarship. However, I really would like to live in New York, go to an art school with prestige, and thus have better options for networking and a better environment/experience. However, I don't know if it would be worth it, because the school I want to attend, Pratt Institute, costs about 40,000 dollars a year. I would be in major debt (around 160,000 dollars) after coming out of Pratt. I'm curious if anyone here knows a lot about Pratt and could give me their input on whether it's worth the money.
As for what I want to do after college: I'd like to work for a big company like Disney preferrably.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]I have absolutely no idea. I do know that being in 160,000 dollars worth of debt is suicide worthy.

I highly recommend consulting a guidance counselor at your school. I'd also recommend talking to some staff at the expensive school and visit it. Feel it out. And ****! Find yo self some scholarships if you do decide to go there.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=Arial]Only a few words here:

[size=4]FILE FOR FINANCIAL AID[/size]

Seriously, only a small percentage of the nation can afford to pay for the full tuition at most colleges in the US. Colleges acknowledge that. Talk to your guidance counselor about how to go about getting financial aid. Generally what they'll tell you is to check with your prospective school. Usually they'll explicitly request a form for financial aid for you to submit with your application. It'll probably be FAFSA.

I go to school at Columbia in NYC, and it costs about 50k per year, but they gave me a substantial percentage of the tuition off. Meaning I don't have to pay it back or take loans for that amount. They take everyone's specific financial situation into account and decide these things on a case-by-case basis.

If you do end up going to Pratt or NYU or Tisch or some other NYC art school, let me know so we can meet![/font]

[QUOTE]If you do end up going to [B]Pratt [/B]or NYU or Tisch or some other NYC art school, let me know so we can meet![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="77656"]Boy, that is thesecond time I've seen this word today. The last time was just a few minutes ago on Heroes. Odd coincidence.

I don't know what I'll do for college, or if I'll go at all. Popular music is what I want to do for a career path. And you don't need a degree to be in that field, which is an A+ in my book. But if I do go to college, I'll proably go to Clarkson Univeristy in NY, whic is about 20 minutes from my house. Or NYU, whatever takes me.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I suppose I should mention that I am currently a freshman at West Liberty State College, if I did not already. I know that since Pratt is a private school they should have plenty of financial aid to hand out, but I'm just not sure how much. I'm going to try to visit the school sometime during January hopefully.[/SIZE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] If you are short on money, I would suggest considering someplace other than NYC. Living there is expensive, even with financial aid. My sister attends NYU and gets an almost free ride, but there's a lot of money to just there.

If you're just looking for a good school and want to work somewhere like Disney, somewhere like the California Institute of the Arts (if you're interested in animation, this is pretty much [i]the[/i] place to go) or Rhode Island School of Design are options.[/font]