OtakuBoards

Stones of Power - Dirge [Spar]

Horendithas

[COLOR="Indigo"]This is a spar between SunfallE and myself and no one else. It?s based on characters that we had in an rpg two years ago that died and never finished. The basic premises was that of a war between good and evil, both sides represented by stones that housed ancient souls with tremendous power. In this case I played as the Red Stone of Destruction and SunfallE played as the Pink stone of Happiness.

In this spar there will only be two stones left, hers and mine and they will fight to the death, utilizing the powers granted to the mortal souls currently holding the stones, our characters that is. We will be posting our original signups with corrections of course should anyone wish to follow along. Once that is done the main thread will go up and the battle will commence.

We haven't decided yet if we will have outside judges or not since the main reason we are doing this is just for fun. However, if you'd like to be one or have an interest, then by all means feel free to pm either SunfallE or myself. Neither one of us have ever sparred so even simple tips on how to declare a winner would be welcome.

Also, fair warning, this will be mature or rather has the potential to have mature content since we have chosen to not limit what can happen during the fight.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][COLOR=RoyalBlue]How I let you talk me into this I'll never know. XP *pokes Crystia*

Name: Sandra Williams

Day Appearance: [URL=http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2226/sandrawilliams027cr.jpg][COLOR=royalblue]Daytime[/COLOR][/URL]

[B]Night Appearance:[/B] [URL=http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7205/sandrawilliams013ly.jpg][COLOR=royalblue]Nighttime[/COLOR][/URL]

[B]Personality:[/B] She is easygoing and very kind. Sandra loves working with orphaned children and spends most of her free time assisting the various orphanages. She has a deep love of music and diligently studies how to play the flute though truthfully the ability to play just comes naturally. When she plays for the children its as if all your cares and worries are taken away and replaced with a smile.

[B]IC:[/B] As the last note of music from her flute faded away, Sandra slowly lowered the flute and opened her eyes. She smiled when she saw that all the orphans had fallen asleep. Every evening if she had the time she would stop by and play the children a lullaby. It warmed her heart to see their happy faces when she came to visit. Sandra got up and quietly left the room softly closing the door to the girls shared bedroom.

Sandra turned to see one of the Sisters who helped run the place standing there.

“[B]Thank you for playing for the children Sandra,[/B]” the sister said. “[B]They always look forward to hearing you play, as do I.[/B]”

Sandra smiled and said, “[B]You’re welcome sister. I love playing for them, it’s hard enough being an orphan, I just wish I could do more for them.[/B]”

The sister smiled, “[B]You do far more than you give yourself credit for Sandra[/B]” she said as they walked down the hall towards the front door. When they got there she also said, “[B]Be careful walking home, I’d feel better if you had someone to take you home when it’s already dark out.[/B]”

“[B]It’s all right sister, I will not be bothered by anyone.[/B]” Sandra said. She walked out the front door and headed towards home.

The sister watched her leave and said a silent prayer for her safety. Such kind and gentle girls like Sandra were difficult to find. Just her smile was enough to make one feel happy, and her music, well the sister knew she didn’t know a lot about it, but even she was positive that Sandra was gifted. It was soothing and relaxing and quite heavenly to listen too. The sister turned and went back to check on the children.

Sandra was deep in thought as she walked towards home. Lately it had become increasingly difficult to hide the power that seemed to be contained in her music. Ever since she was a child she had been able to play the flute and sooth an angry dog, or heal someone who was sick and even put people to sleep. She could even create a protective barrier. Which is why she knew no one would bother her, she could easily push someone away with her power.

She didn’t know why she could do it. Sandra could do so without the flute, but for some reason the music just made the ability even more powerful. It hadn’t been a problem until the last week. The ability had become so strong that she had to struggle to suppress it as it would manifest as electric arcs of power that were clearly visible, especially at night. Sandra sighed, if she didn’t figure it out soon she would have to quit playing for the children, as she somehow knew that such an ability if known would cause problems.

Sandra walked up the stairs to her apartment. She reached into her purse and pulled out the keys. When she got to the top of the stairs she saw a small-unmarked package by her door. For some reason she felt drawn to the package and she picked it up and carried it inside with her.

When Sandra opened the package she found a beautiful Pink Stone. It was carefully attached to a silver chain. Without a second thought she immediately put it on.

“[B]Greetings Sandra.[/B]” A voice said in her head.

Sandra turned around quickly, but no one was there!

“[B]Don’t be afraid, look at the pink stone you just put on.[/B]” The voice said.

Sandra looked at the stone she had just put on.

“[B]That’s right, I am the one speaking to you. We don’t have much time. Bring your flute and a small backpack of clothes and items you will need. It’s not safe here.[/B]” The pink stone said.

Sandra was stunned! As bizarre as it seemed, somehow she instinctively knew that the stone was correct and that it was connected to the changes in how her power worked.

“[B]Please Sandra, you mustn’t delay! The darkness approaches and unless we leave soon even the children you love will be affected![/B]” the stone said.

“[B]Where are we going and who are you?[/B]” Sandra asked while she was gathering her things.

The stone replied, “[B]I’ll explain on the way, now please hurry![/B]”

Sandra quickly finished packing a few items into her backpack, she opened the door to her apartment and left, closing the door behind her.

[B]Current Status:[/B] It has now been many months since Sandra first joined the fight between the stones housing the ancient souls. In that time all but one from each side has fallen, leaving the fate of mankind in her hands, for should she fail to stop the final stone tainted with evil it will continue on it's path of destruction until the world is laid to waste.

Anyway... prepare to be vanquished! :p [/COLOR][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR=Indigo]Name: Sena Henderson

Day Appearance: [URL=http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/378/af07xs0.jpg][COLOR=Indigo]Day[/COLOR][/URL]

Night Appearance: [URL=http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6433/25539876p80ah7.jpg][COLOR=Indigo]Night[/COLOR][/URL]

Personality: Sena is a cold-blooded killer despite his youth. From the time he was barely thirteen any living thing was fair game for torture and destruction. He has an iron will and determination and the patience to wait for months for the right moment to claim his next target. He was recruited by a secret organization of the government and trained to see if he would be suitable to work as an assassin. He is now one of their top agents, as he will kill anything or anyone if told to do so.

IC: Sena dismantled the sniper rifle and carefully put everything away, ensuring that no traces of his presence would be found. He looked up at the new moon and smiled. It had been three years since he had been recruited by the government to work as an assassin. It really was quite ironic to be paid to do what he loved most, killing.

Sena left the rooftop of the building and began to walk down the stair well. Calm and collected he ignored the sounds of sirens in the distance. Soon the authorities would be arriving to attempt to save the target and to locate him. It would do them no good, as he never missed his mark and it was child's play to evade the authorities. It was entertaining to watch them try though. There was something thrilling about seeing them struggle against the inevitable only to fail.

A car was waiting at the entrance of the building when Sena came out and he climbed in. No words were exchanged, the driver simply drove off, Sena didn?t know the destination and didn?t care. Before long he would have another target and that was all that mattered. That and the visions he had been experiencing lately. Visions of glorious death and destruction, he had experienced them as a child but they had stopped when he became a trained assassin. But a few nights ago they had resumed and this time a voice accompanied them telling him that the time was near.

Suddenly the driver slammed on the brakes. Unprepared Sena was slammed hard against the seat belt. He looked up to see a man standing in the middle of the road.

?[B]What the hell is going on?[/B]? Sena asked. The driver said nothing. Sena turned to the driver only to find him unconscious. A voice out of nowhere spoke.

"[B]The time has come?[/B]? Sena was out of the car in a flash. Pulling his gun free he prepared to fire at the unknown man standing in the middle of the road. Once again the voice spoke.

?[B]There is no need for that, he is only a messenger..[/B]?

As if in a trance Sena put the gun away and walked over to the man standing in the road, he held out his hand. The stranger also appeared to be in a trance as he handed him a beautiful red stone. As he looked at the red stone Sena felt as if a part of him that had been missing had finally been found. He could feel the warmth and power that was contained within.

?[B]Excellent,[/B]? the voice said, ?[B]I was right, you are the one. Now, show me your soul; the one before you was not suitable, how do you respond?[/B]?

Sena smiled. He placed the stone in his pocket and in a single fluid movement pulled his knife free and slashed the mans throat. Blood sprayed all over Sena as the man fell backwards. Once again Sena smiled. Being an assassin had been enjoyable, but this would be even better. He did not even bother to clean off the blood; he just walked off into the night.

?[B]We must find the others?[/B]? the voice said.

?[B]Others?[/B]? Sena asked. He pulled out the stone and spoke directly to it. ?[B]You are the one who sent me those visions all these years, aren?t you?[/B]?

?[B]Yes, there are those who would oppose us[/B]? the stone replied, ?[B]The time has come for the visions to become a reality.[/B]?

Sena tucked the stone back into his pocket. First he would need to find a way to attach the stone to a chain to wear as a necklace and then he would begin his search for the others. This was going to be fun.

[B]Current Status:[/B] Even though the others have fallen in battle Sena cares little about their fate and is only interested in destroying the final stone of good so he can make the visions of destruction a reality.[/COLOR][/SIZE]