OtakuBoards

Design on A Dime

Neptune

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="Navy"]I really have no explanation for the title of this thread ... I think it's the name of a television show my mom watches. I recently started drawing again, and I also recently started coming to OtakuBoards again, so I figured why not kill two birds with one stone and post some of my old artwork here. I'll admit, some of it is not that great, but I was young, and actually, I'm not much better now because I stopped drawing for about two or three years.

I'll try posting some new stuff later on when I have something new to actually post. I would appreciate feedback, of course, but I also wouldn't mind if someone requested me to draw something. I really need some extra practice!

These pictures also won't be of the greatest quality because, well, I don't have a scanner and I'm taking the pictures with this old school digital camera. D'oh![/COLOR]

[URL="http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/JimitheGreat11/Vash.jpg"][B]Vash the Stampede[/B][/URL][/FONT]- [FONT="Palatino Linotype"]So, this is one of my older drawings, I think I used the case of the Trigun Dvd as a model. [/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][URL="http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/JimitheGreat11/DSCF0018.jpg"][B]The Main Character from Shaman King[/B][/URL]- I forget this kid's name, but it's not really important. I actually colored this one with colored pencils, which I rarely do, and not to mention this picture cam out like crap. I promise the actual picture is not blurry like this one! Just look past it and find the inner beauty.[/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B][URL="http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/JimitheGreat11/DSCF0020.jpg"]Naruto![/URL][/B]- Of course I drew Naruto back in the day. He was the shiznit. This was well before the anime started playing in America, and actually, I think I had only read the first manga chapter or something like that. Once again the picture is a little blurry, darn you old camera! I also kinda skimped out on his hands when I drew them, but I still think it came out well.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Georgia"][COLOR=#35425e]AH! How come when you take pictures they end up looking like actual scans? You must have really, really steady hands!

What I like about your drawings is that you were able to convey their facial expressions very well. I especially like your Shaman King drawing ([strike]what's that kid's name? Yoh?[/strike] Yoh it is.) 'cause he looks really pissed (and because it's colored. We people with short attention spans love colors). Naruto's finger look a tad too... tapered, don't they? Perhaps you could draw in thicker fingers with rounded tips, Naruto being a boy and all. ;D

Yeah, new drawings will be appreciated. Love to see how you draw now. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="Navy"]Alright, I got bored last night so I decided to to draw something for the first time in a while. I couldn't find anything good to draw, so I ended up drawing Naruto again. It's not much better than my first Naruto drawing, but it gets the job done.[/COLOR]

[B][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][URL="http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/JimitheGreat11/CIMG0176.jpg"]Naruto Side Pose .. Sort of[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[COLOR="Navy"]I use an old Shonen Jump I have for the models, and then I just go at it. I really wish I had the ability to draw something from scratch, but for some reason, I just can't. I always have to be looking at something to draw it, which isn't all that bad, but it kind of feels like a handicap of sorts.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks![/COLOR][/FONT]