OtakuBoards

Snowed In

Japan

[SIZE="1"]I do not know if any of you noticed much but in Eastern Washington we have been having snow storm after snow storm since Saturday. As of tonight it has snowed about two feet and there is another snow storm warning watch for tonight. I couldn't even get to work on Sunday, and classes have been canceled for two days now. Looks like classes will be canceled all week. Anyways, I am making this thread out of frustration and to see if anyone else shares my pain. I just wish they plow the streets in Spokane already, you know?

At first I was happy because that meant my math test would be delayed for a day or two but this is getting so depressing. School might not be delayed tomorrow but I just heard that my bus might not even run due to bad road conditions. Anyways, anyone else share my pain?[/SIZE]

You know I feel your pain Japan since I am stuck in the same snowy state as you! Luckily for me I live in the Moses Lake which isn't as far north as Spokane so we didn't get the really bad snow storm. It's bad when the airplanes at the airport in Spokane are sliding off the runway! I hope the snow removal crews make it to your neighborhood soon.

My hubby did get the car stuck in the snow right in front of our house since the snow was so high in the street. He was on his way to pick me up from work. Luckily for me one of the girls I work with has a vehicle better suited to the snow and she drove me home. I am ready for winter to be over. I really don't want to shovel any more snow.

The weatherman says we are suppose to be getting more snow all this week. Joy. :animesigh

[SIZE="1"]I am overjoyed to have class today. I am especially happy that my bus looks like it would be working like normal. I was wondering how you were doing on your end, Panda. They never plow the side streets in Spokane. Which I find really silly and retarded. If the roads are so bad and they can't afford to fix them, why keep snow and ice on them to add more potholes come spring time?

It was kind of funny yesterday though. Just in my small neighborhood of twelve neighbors or more, I watched every one get stuck. Mailman, Fedex, a friend of a neighbor got stuck four times on one street, and one minivan got stuck when the girl drove out of the driveway. [/SIZE]

I'm definitely not in WA, but we little folk here in eastern Kansas have had one slap in the face after another when it comes to the weather. Three times now, I repeat, [I]three times[/I] since the beginning of December the temperature has reached 70 just to drop below 30 the next day. Even though this is pretty standard for this area, it can get really annoying. We haven't had anywhere near two feet of snow, but because of the flutctuating temperatures what all we have had keeps melting just to freeze into a lovely sheet of ice that works wonders on the roads. What you get in snow, we get in ice. And all the poor trees in this area have taken a real beating. Poor things.

We've been getting storms and are expected to keep getting them, but other than a few closures, most if not all of the schools are open. It's pretty rare for them to ever close the entire school down on account of snow. Usually it's side complications like having a water line break or something else caused by the cold weather that results in classes being canceled. So I still get to have the fun of heading out into the cold each day. XP I suppose the good news is that the management of the complex I live in gets to handle all the snow shoveling.