OtakuBoards

God Of War: Chains Of Olympus = Disappointment?

JCBaggee

[color=darkred][size=1]I picked up [u]God of War: Chains of Olympus[/u] the other day with big expectations. The first two games on the PS2 rank up there as two of my favorite games, so surely this one for the PSP would be great, right?

Well, yeah, pretty much. The modified control scheme works great (except for some context sensitive mini games requiring use of the analog "nub", which felt awkward), the game is beautiful, and the storyline is a fantastic addition to the back story of the franchise. What could go wrong?

Then, I beat the game.

...in four hours.

Yes, I dropped $40 on a PSP game that I beat in [i]four hours[/i]. What's more, all my abilities and magic were leveled up two hours in, meaning half of the game wasn't really all that challenging. Mind you, the other games didn't take much longer to beat (6-8 hours, tops), but they were far more challenging and had a much more planned out story. This one just felt rushed, and a lot of the moments to foreshadow events in the previous two titles (such as meeting Atlas) just felt forced.

Fantastic game, and I would recommend it to anyone who's a fan of the series, but I would recommend waiting for the game to drop down to the more appropriate price of $20. Or buy it used. Because as much as I love the GoW series, I really do feel kinda screwed over by this relatively non-existent playtime.

--Chris[/color][/size]