OtakuBoards

Backup Text/SMS from Phone?

AzureWolf

I have huffed and puffed Google to find a way to transfer txt messages. Does anyone know if there is a simple way to get them on to a PC from a phone, preserving the extra stuff like time sent, to whom, etc?

I have a ton of memorable texts, and I would rather just store them all than sift through them. They are not that big anyway.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Well it depends on your phone really. I have a Nokia and when I plug it into the computer through its USB it loads a program that lets me transfer all my stuff, like pictures, contacts, and texts to the computer and save them.

I'd suggest just plugging your phone into the computer using a USB cord if you have and transfer them yourself, if your phone doesn't have a program. Or if your phone has a MircoSD slot, try saving things to that and then transfer them to your computer via that way.

Hope that I was somewhat helpful.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503F86]Same here. The software I got with my Motorola automatically backs up my texts (even ones I thought I deleted, which is odd o_o) whenever I connect it to my PC. I had to install it, though, and I don't think all phone manufacturers provide something like that.[/COLOR]

[quote name='AzureWolf']I have [B]huffed [/B]and [B]puffed [/B]Google to find a way to transfer txt messages. [/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]You can get high off Google? And since when did search engines gain make sex organs?

Anyways, it might be a longshot but you could always open a Word document, or use Notepad and type the messages onto a document and save it. It might take a while, but hey, at least you don't have to download anything or buytoput them on the comp.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]