OtakuBoards

Sabrina's Poetry - Visitors Welcome!

Sabrina

[FONT="Tahoma"]Hi and welcome! ^_^ One of my hobbies is poetry, though usually it's only one of reading it from time to time. I do however on occasion actually write some short little poems. So I thought I'd start a thread for stuff that I write. Comments are most certainly welcome and if you do critique, all I ask is that you remember this is a hobby. It is something I do because I enjoy it, not because I am working to become a serious poet. ^_~

Now as for this piece, one of the things I tend to do each year is write a little poem to go along with a card and a small gift for my mom for Mother's Day. I may be more than a month away, but I already had the idea for it so I wrote it up this past week. Anyway, on to the poem!

[INDENT][SIZE="3"][B]Mother[/B][/SIZE]

More than just a simple expression
One that forever grows and endures
Throughout life its gentle power inherent
Her love a powerful soother is hers to give
Everlasting and true it brings you surety
Remember mother that I love you[/INDENT][/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Now as for this piece, one of the things I tend to do each year is write a little poem to go along with a card and a small gift for my mom for Mother's Day.[/FONT][/QUOTE]That's really a nice idea. It reminds me of music lessons when I was younger and living at home, my teacher would have us compose a small melody for our mothers each year... goodness, I wonder if I still have that? Anyway, it's a fun poem, I like how it's all about describing what a mother is only to end with the reminder that you love her. Short and sweet.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']That's really a nice idea. It reminds me of music lessons when I was younger and living at home, my teacher would have us compose a small melody for our mothers each year... goodness, I wonder if I still have that? Anyway, it's a fun poem, I like how it's all about describing what a mother is only to end with the reminder that you love her. Short and sweet.[/QUOTE]Oh! Hehe. That's actually what got me started on it, one of my teachers had us do that when I was younger. Write up poems to go along with cards we were making to give to our mothers. My mother really liked it so I continued doing it even though I had a different teacher the next year and she had us doing something else.

That's pretty cool that your music teacher had you doing the same thing. Now if I remember correctly, from what [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR] has mentioned, you play Piano and Organ right? So was it for the piano or for the organ? Or... is the music to a certain degree the same? Well other than the multiple keyboards and keys you push with your feet aspect. XP Anyway, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I certainly enjoyed writing it. :catgirl:[/FONT]