OtakuBoards

Fantasy RP idea

cancer

[SIZE="1"]Would anyone be interested in a fantasy-style RP? I'm talking about castles, dragons, elves, wizards and magic and all that. I'm working on one right now and would be willing to collaborate with someone on my ideas in order to make the story better. Let me know what you think.[/SIZE]

[color=darkred][size=1]

You know, I'd be willing to help on any kind of quality RPG idea right now. I mean, if it entails any kind of cool story line like a Final Fantasy, Lost Odyssey, or Oblivion, then I'm down to try and help with whatever, man. Maybe even a LoTR style thing.[/color][/size]

I think we need a synopsis first. Here's an idea:

The characters are awoken by a voice. They find themselves in some ancient ruins. They have various degrees of amnesia - some are minor, while others are critical. They seek to piece their puzzles together. Mercenaries and religious soldiers alike are after them.

Its very simple, but also very expandable. :)

[color=darkred][size=1]

I kinda do think the idea of a generic RPG idea being laid out and then seeing what we, the players, can do within that enviroment with or within the bounds of the story.

Allow us to discover our memories, our abilities, maybe even have us be amnesiac immortals like in Lost Oddyssey, discover how we became immortal somehow, etc. I think it'd be an interesting plot point, explains why people are after us (maybe they don't want us day, but we don't know that), etc.

I'd be down for that.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Zen'][color=darkred][size=1]

I kinda do think the idea of a generic RPG idea being laid out and then seeing what we, the players, can do within that enviroment with or within the bounds of the story.

Allow us to discover our memories, our abilities, maybe even have us be amnesiac immortals like in Lost Oddyssey, discover how we became immortal somehow, etc. I think it'd be an interesting plot point, explains why people are after us (maybe they don't want us day, but we don't know that), etc.

I'd be down for that.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

I don't want to do immortality as the plot point, because that is too similar to Lost Odyssey and Planescape: Torment. Like I said, we have varying degrees of amnesia - some could be a total blank, while others could just be the immediate years.

[color=darkred][size=1]

I was just throwing ideas out there. I realize that its similar to Lost Oddyssey, but the amnesia plot point has been used in probably fifty percent if not more, of all RPGs out there, so I was just trying to make it a little more interesting.

I like the concept of unexplained and amazing power to be coupled with the whole amnesia thing.
[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]My idea was actually about the king of a kingdom in a land called Perilia having his daughter kidnapped for a ransom of control of the kingdom by an evil wizard. Basically, the king has people leave in order to rescue his daughter, as he obviously doesn't wish to simply hand over power to his wicked cousin (the evil wizard). That's the only real boundary the story has, and once I'm finished developing things and posting in the current rp I'm signed up for, I'll put up details. [/SIZE]

[quote name='cancer'][SIZE="1"]Would anyone be interested in a fantasy-style RP? I'm talking about castles, dragons, elves, wizards and magic and all that. I'm working on one right now and would be willing to collaborate with someone on my ideas in order to make the story better. Let me know what you think.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Not a big fan of high fantasy anymore. Unless you can really change things up and introduce some compelling dynamics, I'm not going to be very interested.

However, let me know when it goes up so I can check it out, regardless.