OtakuBoards

High School Electives & Regents

Aberinkula

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Well, this time of year is the time to choose what you want to major in, in high-school. Luckily for me I've had all vacation to worry about what to choose, but I've come to now decision. I will be taking the advanced courses, and I will be putting more effort into school.

For the last two years I've lost the will to work in school. Well, homework wise anyways. I never get assignments done, and I've been getting the after school homework detention a lot these past two years, when in 5th and 6th grade I didn't get it once. I am a very smart student. [spoiler]A few of you probably couldn't tell.[/spoiler] And I'm done wasting it.

The biggest problem I've had was stress from these last two years building up. But I've decided to be more laid back, and I've ignored the drama my friends seem to make. Alas, last year when I went through my whole school year thinking I was bisexual. Angsts, plus the depression I fell into just led to the loss of will to work for school, cause I hated the place, because it's filled with more ******** than G. W. Bush's cabinet. [spoiler]Sorry to anyone who likes these guys, but I'm Democratic so Republican's are open to my judgment.[/spoiler]

And last year, my best friend was dating another one of my best friends, so having to deal with those two got me down too. And also, the lack of friendly-support during my phase of denial just pissed me off. So that's why I've screwed homework and shoved it aside, cause I don't' care about that place.

But because my life is falling back on track, and my old self from 2 years ago is back, [spoiler]I have been a complete prick to everyone I love for the past 2 years, but I'm finally back to my old self.[/spoiler] I've now decided it's time to buckle down once more.

So next year I have to do a very excellent job in school. But over the years, I've decided on a few career paths to choose from. Drawing for TV and Video Games, Graphic Design, Music, and now Criminal Justice/Forensics are two jobs I'm interested in. (I'm still all for music, but that will be secondary of coarse.)

My mom went to school for those things, so I'd like to do that stuff as well, being that I could ask her to help me through it. But the problem is, one of my friends is going for forensics, and he's the kind of person who would think I'm copying him. But that's not the case, so I'm paranoid about that. And I know, I can still change my path for college, but I'd rather not so... I'm at a loss.

Anyways, I'd like to know, from you guys, what it takes to enter those two professions, Criminal Justice and Forensics. How many years of college will I have to go through, what classes I'll have to take next year, what I need to qualify, and what mentality I need to walk into class with, is what I'd love to have help with finding. Thanks guys, and sorry if this thread feels a bit too ranty.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aberinkula;810570][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"] But the problem is, one of my friends is going for forensics, and he's the kind of person who would think I'm copying him. But that's not the case, so I'm paranoid about that. And I know, I can still change my path for college, but I'd rather not so... I'm at a loss.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]What your friend thinks is irrelevant really. You can't let what someone else thinks stop you from doing what you're interested in. You're still young, but my advice is to not worry over what others might think of what you choose to study.[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Anyways, I'd like to know, from you guys, what it takes to enter those two professions, Criminal Justice and Forensics. How many years of college will I have to go through, what classes I'll have to take next year, what I need to qualify, and what mentality I need to walk into class with, is what I'd love to have help with finding. Thanks guys, and sorry if this thread feels a bit too ranty.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]You might be better off asking an adviser at your school or even checking into what programs are available at those colleges that are closest to your location. Failing that, google is your friend for hunting down information. :p