OtakuBoards

When things go horribly wrong...

Tetra of sound

It is 2500, and scientists finally try to genetically improve mankind. They wanted to make humanity resistant to the world's most deadly diseases.

NATIONAL LAB
0600 HOURS

Scientist A: We need to make about 5-10 of these new genetically improved human beings

Scientist B: Yes. I agree. But what if we screw up?

Scientist A: Well then, if that happens, we just cal the president and tell him we screwed up, and that we need the military to kill them.

Scientist B: Yeah. I guess you're right. Besides, that's not even likely!

But something went horribly wrong...

Now there are 5-10 genetically enhanced humans on the planet Earth. This is their story.

[COLOR="Purple"]Rika~~~Tetra of sound[/COLOR]
[CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]Madeline Neko~~~Monipo1928[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[RIGHT][COLOR="Red"]ABEL~~~Godot[/COLOR][/RIGHT]
[CENTER][COLOR="Magenta"]Odin 'Loki' Yggdrasi~~~Odin M Yggdrasil[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Martel Stoneshaw~~~Odim M Yggdrasi[/COLOR]
[COLOR="SeaGreen"][CENTER]Kaelthrin~~~Malvok[/CENTER][/COLOR]

These are the people our story revolves around...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A normal day for Rika is a normal day for any fugitive: avoid being caught, survive another day. She wonders what happened to the others that were a result of the experiment. She saw the news about ABEL, and knew she and him must meet, for it would help her figure out what happened to the others is what she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's our start

[SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Madeline Neko hid out in the local diner. She had her head down as she ate. The door banged open and some government officials walked through. They looked around the small diner and let their eyes rest on Madeline. She looked up at them, scared. She shook her head and sent a wave of wind at them, hitting them and blowing them back. She ran out of the diner and ran down a street at random, never once looking back. She knew it was only a matter of time before the officials caught up to her, so she just kept running and running.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Green"]Kaelthrin Staggered down an alleyway and hid behind a dumpster he needed to rest for a while he had been running away from the compound he had escaped from for days with little to eat. he slumped back against the wall and closed his eyes.

Kaelthrin awoke with a start he sensed someone coming, he was surprised he awoke without them looming over him, but the aura that was washing over him was very chaotic, and he sensed much fear in it. peering out around the the dumpster he realized it was Madeline who had turned down the ally running in a mad panic, he saw she was giving off colours off livid grey streaked with red, with what appeared as smoldering black, she was on the run from something something she hated. there was also no way she was thinking clearly.

She would be passing him soon, so he prepared himself. he charged his aura with feelings of compassion and sympathy, as she passed by he charged out grabbing her hand starting to take off with her. forcing his aura to wash over her in an attempt to calm her.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Madeline Neko was surprised by the person who suddenly charged at her. She shut her eyes tightly, shaking. She was extremely scared right then and there, the Government officials chasing after her. As Kaelthrin's aura tried to sooth her, her body seemed to reject the attempt. That was how her body reacted to new things. It rejected them now... she screeched as a searing pain went through her arm. She looked down to see that a throwing knife had been thrown and it has cut through her soft flesh. Her face paled as she watched the blood flowing from her arm, unable to move. She stopped and stood there like a deer in headlights.

((Sorry...my brains dead right now...this is all I could think of at the moment))
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Green"]Kaelthrin noticed the dagger go wipping by it missed him by inches striking Madeline's arm. thats when he took off in a panic dragging at Madeline trying to urge her to keep running so they could escape.

Turning down a side ally Kaelthrin pulled at a nearby door hopeing to hell and back that it would open, turning the knob the door came open and he darted inside dragging Madeline with him. slamming the door behind him he turned to face it. the only lock on it needed a key.

Suddenly there came some forcefull shoves on the door with alot of banging. For some reason the door was locked. This made no sense to Kaelthrin or Madeline as they had both just opened and closed the door. Going with this strange success they both turned to make their way though the strange building they had just entered.[/COLOR]

~Building, Martel Stoneshaw ~

There were now two people being pursued by a pair of government agents, they had managed to escape the alley into a building and now were making their way to freedom.

It would not be their end though, as just as the agents forced the door open a somewhat chunky lady ambushed them from a side room. Taking the government agents by surprise, she thrust her knife into the neck of one sending him to the ground, while the other reached for his gun to shoot the attacking woman.

?I think not!? She shouted, ducking behind a steel door and readying her knife again. Visible in a thigh hostler on her right leg was a black pistol of her own, though so far she was avoiding using it.

Shots rang out, the lead flattening into the steel plate door as Martel ducked and then momentarily stuck her head back up, as if taunting the remaining man.

Another gunshot, and the sound of shattering glass as the bullet pierced the door?s upper portion like lightning through the sky on a stormy night. The shards of glass rained down on Martel, who had ducked again just in time to avoid getting hit, tearing her shirt and cutting her skin a good bit. She winced in pain and removed a piece that had stuck into her back, before holding her hand to the wound and licking the blood she gathered from it.

?I surrender, I don?t have any ammo for my gun and you?ve got me pinned down.? Martel feigned defeat, as the steel portions of the door she had hidden herself behind stopped more bullets.

[I]Hey you two, you should make like a tree and leave. They?re going to show up in force now that I?ve killed one and resisted the other, I can distract them long enough for you to get away.[/I] Martel thought-projected into the two strangers in the area, not waiting for their reply. [I]Don?t worry about me, I?ve gotten used to this. The government should know better than sending useless pawns into an area controlled by my group.[/I]

[I]You?d better make it quick and clean out there Martel.[/I] came a thought into her head, the voice of a man who clearly knew more than he would let on. It was the leader of her group; a man who through mind games and manipulation was able to take control of a portion of the local underground. The subject of her love, and returning that love to her, he provided the brainpower for the group while she made up for his lack of muscle.

[I]You know me Odin; I turn death into dinner. These guys look a bit bulky though, or I would bring one back for tonight if I can do it without getting cornered or leaving a trail. [/I] She thought back to Odin, reading her knife again but also checking the number of shots in her revolver.

Tensing up briefly like a snake about to strike, she waited for the agent to come forward and try to get her at gunpoint, right then she would sink her teeth into his neck and get a free meal from this. Hopefully the others had heeded her warning and scrambled, she would find them again later and get information from them.

OOC: Odin himself has not appeared, also the italics in this count as dialogue as they were spoken directly into the minds of those they are referenced to.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Madeline Neko watched in amazement as Martel killed one of the agents. It was then she seemed to snap out of her panic and looked around her. She got a firey look in her eyes and narrowed her eyes to a glare, sending death glares at the agent. She smirked, pulled her hand away from Kaelthrin, reached down and took out a small throwing knife from a pouch on her lower leg. She grinned as she threw it, piercing one of the agent's vital organs. He was dead within seconds. She grinned again, grabbing Kaelthrin and running into a different room. She shut the door behind her and looked at Kaelthrin. She watched him for a bit before walking over to the couch that was in the room and sitting down on it.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Oddly enough, people somehow made it into Rika's house. "How did you get in my house!? Oh, well, it doesn't mater now. First, I'll heal any wounds you may have." Rika placed her hands over the female's wounds, then her forest-colored aura became visible to all as she used it to heal the wounds with the energy that her own body produced. "I have a few extra rooms. You cam stay if you want." She looked into Madeline's eyes and saw the fear. Communing with nature made her able to see into the hearts of others through their eyes. She not only saw Madeline's pain and fear, but she also felt it.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Madeline looked at Rika as she healed her wounds. "I could have done that..." Madeline muttered, inaudible. She looked up at Kaelthrin, awaiting his response to this...women who had just appeared out of no where. She stared at Kaelthrin for a minute before looking away, blushing slightly. The blush was light enough to not be seen. She looked at the ceiling and frowned. The fear still showed in her eyes, and she hated that.

[COLOR=plum]((Where is the other person? Anywho, I cant write much right now as I am currently having brain farts))[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

~Rika’s house, entry way~
[I]Idiots.[/I] Martel sighed to herself, looking at the two corpses as she eased herself out of her hiding spot. Wasting no time, she set to work looting the corpses- getting two more military-spec handguns and ammunition for them, along with a couple of vests and some assorted law enforcement gear.

Checking them over carefully, she determined that there were no bugs present on them, and that they did not seem to have possessed a radio to call for assistance. Somewhat relieved by this, she sent word through her mind-link to Odin. [I]These guys are clean, they do not have a means to call for backup or any tracking device. It’s likely I will be able to exit easily, and bring one back for my dinner tonight. Though I probably should have a word with the others, as they seem to be unaware of how dangerous this situation is for them.[/I]

[I] That is correct, since those two agents are now missing in action reinforcements will be sent as soon as their absence is noted. Let the others know they should seek refuge elsewhere for some time, and get yourself out of there.[/I] came the reply back into her head from the man she called Odin.

Satisfied with the loot, she examined the wounds on the agents. They had bled profusely, and she froze momentarily as she resisted her urges on seeing the blood. [I]Well I suppose I can have a late lunch now and save this other guy for dessert after dinner.[/I]

Dragging the two corpses out of sight and concealing the trail and evidence of the fighting, she sat the two corpses up against the wall. Bandaging one to limit how much blood leaked from it, she sat right on top of the other one and pierced its neck with her fangs. Drinking rapidly of the remaining blood in it, she carefully kept herself clean and didn’t spill a drop of it as she indulged herself in the meal.

[I]Martel, you are making getting out of there your first priority right? Or do you feel comfortable enough in your present situation to make a meal out of one of the agents before returning to base.[/I] came Odin’s thoughts into her mind, he obviously figured out what she was going to do and made sure she didn’t get too lost in the blood-craze she had going.

[I]It’s as if you can read my mind sometimes Odin. I thought I would enjoy one of them now instead of having to haul them back to base, and am just finishing up right now. He’s almost drained already.[/I] Martel thought back to Odin, the corpse she was sitting on having turned completely grey as the last of it’s blood was removed. Standing up and wiping a little blood off of her face, she checked that the other corpse was indeed dead and well hidden.

Moving quickly towards the door the two strangers had vanished through; she discovered it had been locked from the inside likely to thwart reinforcements if Martel failed. Not wasting her time any longer, she focused her thoughts on the two she had seen.

[I][b]Hey, going into someone’s house and hiding doesn’t seem like a good escape. These two agents didn’t seem to have reported back, however they will soon be discovered missing and reinforcements sent. You should get yourselves into a better location, as they are going to be hot on your trail for a while. Don’t worry about me, I am headed back to the underground with my kill- I need it for something.[/b] [/I] Martel thought-spoke to the strangers she had seen, though she noted there was someone else in the building she couldn’t tell if that person heard it too since they didn’t know she was there.

[I]Odin where is the nearest exit? I am returning to base for now, with one of the two corpses in hand. The other one, I have destroyed.”[/I] She smiled as she hefted the corpse she hadn’t fed from yet, taking a grenade that she found on the soldiers’ belts and pulling the pin before stuffing it into the mouth of the corpse she fed from. Stepping quickly, the boxes and alley junk around the corpse was obliterated as the grenade detonated, and she vanished back into the night.

OOC: Malvok is away on a camping trip for the weekend, or so he said by IM last night.

Panic. ABEL watched the discourse on the streets as the police scrambled to make sense of the situation. Four public officials killed in the course of two weeks, all linked together by one thread, their involvement in Project Nature and Project EDEN. He realized that these actions would make it harder to move around in the city, but he needed data on himself. Fortunatly his fifth target yielded some useful information, there were others like himself. Or rather, others begetted by the government as experiments...he could use them to get what he wanted. But time was short, the other bit of information the man gave him was that the government was taking action on finding those like himself, it was only a matter of time before they captured them.

ABEL jumped down from the building in which he had played the observer. [I]Now[/I], he thought [I], is the time to take action[/I]. As he began to walk to down the littered city street he wondered how he could contact those [B]others[/B], "but" he silently said to himself "if their truly part of Project Nature/EDEN,..then our paths will eventually intertwine".

(this is my first rp so im not quite sure how to start out, if someone wants to get me involved with their own post I have no objections, in fact it would be welcomed!, ill try to improve)

(you are okay, Godot.)

Rika knew with the fact more of her own kind came, that they would have to find a new hiding place. "I think we'll need a new hiding place. Also, have you heard of one known as ABEL? I feel that he may have information that I could use to find a way to destroy the mythical beasts that are going to destroy humanity. By the way, my name is Rika. I can sense that you all are part of the experiment on humans as well. You see, I can communicate with the creatures of nature. Also, I didn't mean to scare you, young girl, if I did." Rika was feeling compassionate toward the two.

~ Abandoned Streets not far from the site of battle, Odin Yggdrasil~

“You don’t have to walk alone you know. Especially not in this neighborhood, too many dangerous people and too much going on. Did you hear the gunshots and that explosion not long ago?” A handsome young man called out, having seen ABEL walking nearby and climbed down from the stack of junk crates he was resting upon to greet him. He was in his workingman outfit, roughed up a touch as though he had just been fired and was moping about the alley debating suicide or going home with the bad news.

[I]Odin I’ve returned to base, the body will be drained and then disposed of as your protocol specifies. You still out and about, or are you headed back down too.[/I] came Martel’s thoughts into Odin’s mind.

[I]I’ve decided to investigate these people a little bit personally; at the very least they may be of use to our cause.[/I] Odin thought back to Martel, while maintaining his act in front of ABEL. Moping as though he had just lost everything, while acting as though he sought console in this stranger he had found, it was a test of his to see if this was indeed an ordinary person or another experiment since he seemed unusual.

The stranger seemed uninterested at the moment, and acted as though he hadn’t seen him walking right past. Unaffected, Odin picked up his pace and stepped briskly towards the scene of the earlier battle, interested in these people Martel had stumbled upon while hunting.

It seems though the door was still locked, so Odin called out to Martel in his mind.

[I]Yes Odin? Is there something I can do for you?[/I] Martel projected to Odin, having heard his calls in her mind.

[I]Can you get them to open this door for me? I wish to speak with them about what just happened. In addition, it would be nice if you could be present. In the event this becomes a trap, your abilities would be more useful than mine in order to escape. [/I] Odin thought back, noticing the smoldering ruins where the grenade had detonated.

[I]Sure thing. [/I] Martel though. Odin sensed a pulse of energy, and the chill breeze he usually felt as Martel’s portal opened and closed. The latch clicked, and Odin stepped quickly inside right into Martel’s soft embrace as he closed the door again behind himself. Whispering, Martel said; “I missed you sweetie. Though I’m glad you are safe, this is a rough neighborhood and all.”

“I’m safe because I have a guardian angel looking out for me, and because if things become difficult there is always a solution.” Odin whispered back. The others were still a room further in, though for now the door was left unlocked in case ABEL decided to join the meeting.

[I]They are further inside correct? And they are not aware of the properties of your modifications correct?[/I] Odin asked in his mind to Martel, she smiled and nodded yes to both questions. Moving to the next door in, Odin opened it quickly while remaining out of gunfire line and Martel standing on the other side of the door.

Finding no shots fired at them, Martel appeared at the door first and waved timidly at the people she had protected before Odin stepped out next to her and took a good look at them.

[I]What an odd bunch. You sure these are the right people? They seem awful… flighty. [/I] Odin thought to Martel.

[I]Well, I would assume the third one I didn’t see before is the owner of this house. I would be scared too if all of a sudden a grenade exploded in your front yard and strangers showed up in your house.[/I] Martel thought back, smiling carefully so as to not reveal her fangs. She was blushing slightly too, since they probably didn’t expect their hero to have the kind of body she possessed.

[b]“You may call me Adam, and this is my fiancé Eve. I understand there was a bit of a struggle in front of your residence earlier, and can assure you we are not with the government due to their oppression of our kind, but rather curious as to how this situation came to be.

However, I overheard your comment about destroying the mythical beasts before they destroy humanity, and believe you are misunderstanding the situation- at least how it is in this region.” [/b] Odin remarked, for security purposes concealing his real identity and his role.

Martel noticed the look on Rika’s face as she realized that they were standing in the presence of a live vampire through her abilities, and the painful and often useless modifications performed on Odin. [b]“Not all mythical creatures or experimental products are interested in destroying humanity. Us two at least, we desire coexistence and the ability to return to as close to a human-like lifestyle as our modifications will permit. Though it is difficult alone, and indeed even many ordinary humans object to our existence and would deny our dreams for their own.”[/b]

They shut the door behind them and stood there in the awkward silence, the sounds of the area returning to ‘normal’ for the time remaining before the agents arrived beginning to be heard.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Madeline Neko looked at the two new comers and felt heat rise into her cheeks. She looked away, an angry expression on her face. She stood up from where she was sitting and walked past the two new comers. She knew who they truly were, but wasn't going to shoot her mouth off. Her father had shown her pictures of everyone they had experimented on and gave her the mission of bringing them all together before she had to run. She politely asked them to move from in front of the door and when they did, she opened it, walked out and slammed it behind her. She just wanted to be left alone with Kraelthrin so she could get to know him better. But could she?! No! Because everyone else seemed to be showing up. [B]"Stupid experiment..."[/B] she muttered, angry with her adoptive father.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=deepskyblue]A few Government agents were outside the building, waiting for the right time to strike. They heard someone muttering and nodded to each other. They ran in and surrounded Madeline. Madeline growled a low, harsh growl. She was already in a bad mood, this didn't add to it. She formed a spear of ice, using wind to chill her water. She threw it at an agent and pierced his heart, freezing his heart, giving him a slow, painful death. [B]"Wonderful" [/B]she said cruelly.[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

It was twilight again, ABEL noticed the sun fading away to the night as he followed the two conspicious men. [B]-[I]*humph*[/I]-[/B], ABEL thought[B],-[I]their nothing more than scouts....But they still pose a threat towards my objective...disposable. [/B]

[/I] Just then, the two men stopped at a run down house[B],-[I]so this is where they are hiding[/I]-[/B],They pulled out what appeared to be a pistol and and a stun baton,[B]-[I]time to take action[/I][/B]

ABEL jumped down on the man with the gun, shots were fired but they were taken from a man who had just been caught off guard, in other words they missed. Skewering the man with his arm ABEL retracted his hand from the mans chest as he crushed his heart, all within six breaths. The second nameless foe, angered and terrified of what had just occured, struck ABEL on the shoulder. [B]-[I]They really are foolish...[/I]-[/B],brushing the blow aside ABEL punched a crushing blow to the mans stomach causing him to double back and drop his stun baton, he could tell it hurt. Grabbing the him by the neck ABEL pushed him against the old brick wall. [U]"Do you have involvement in Project EDEN/Nature?". [/U]

The unnamed agent looked at him with condesending eyes, silent. [B]-[I]looks like i'll have to use different methods to extract information[/I]-,[/B] ABEL took the stun baton off the cold ground below, The agents eyes became wide, [U]"What?!, what are you doing?!, get your hands off me you God damned monster!"[/U]. Using little effort ABEL slowly drove the weapon up his stomach, the man groaned in agony. [U]"Are you associated with with those who made me?" [/U]ABEL repeated ...still no answer,[B]-[I]looks like he's set to keep me in the dark...[/I]-[/B], ABEL placed his right hand on the agents neck, the man convulsed as strobes of light went off against the darkness of night. Limp and burnt, ABEL tossed the man to the side of the alley. The air became static with the remenants of electricity.

ABEL then turned his eyes at the run down house once again, only to find another pair was watching him him as well..

[COLOR="Green"]It Seemed to Kaelthrin that he and Madeline were safe enough from danger, at least at the moment. What with that one woman who seemed to have dealt with the two agents at the door.

There was something bothering him though, and it was something the strange woman had mentioned, she wanted to know how they had gotten in, Kaelthrin had just opened the door. in a city with a door in an ally theres no way it would be left unlocked and not be known about. That would mean that the door was ether left unlocked and unnoticed or he had managed to completely open and then shut a locked door. It was ether that or a Trap.

He was puzzled about it being a trap because he did not see any colours of deception coming off of her as she spoke. when she Walked over to Madeline, Kaelthrin noticed a surge in energy build up coming off this woman, if it had not have been a pure white light radiating He most likely would have tried to stop her from her actions.

When he looked up from the healing his eyes met with Madeline's, which she then looked away, Kaelthrin thought he might have seen a few flashes of scarlet come off Madeline but he brushed it off with everything that was happening. There were two government agents dead, it didn't matter now if they got to report back, this was as big of signal of any that they were in the area.

thats when two strangers came in the door. they introduced themselves as Adam and Eve they were giving off a strange combination of colours, Kaelthrin didn't trust him, least of all he didn't trust their names their auras contracted and convulsed when they had stated them. He believed they were lying, but as to what end he couldn't tell they didn't seem to give off any signs of malice. or harmful intent. what did seem odd was their auras kept flaring. rather minutely but around their heads towards the other. And the other seemed like it was receptive to the flare, not just reacting to it.

This is when Madeline chose to get up and walk out of the room, Kaelthrin felt uneasy, for one Madeline just wondered back out into the ally where they had just been chased by the agents and two there were three strange people here. so Kaelthrin got up to follow her.

When he got outside Kaelthrin saw that she there were two more agents, one was already dead Kaelthrin saw a shard of ice sticking out from his chest. Kaelthrin looked at the other agent, he decided to try testing a normal humans receptiveness to auras. Kaelthrin took as much feeling of anger, hatred, fear, and malice as he could and just sent as much force through his aura as he could muster in the direction of the agent who was standing about 6 or 7 meters away. Kaelthrin took a step up as he sent the first shock wave of aura towards the agent, taking hold of Madeline's left arm grasping it like a child might grab a parents arm.

The agent eyes went wide for a second and took half a step back, Kaelthrin noticed his aura shifted it had worked, although the agent probably wouldn't have needed much convincing sense his partner had just been stabbed through the heart it looked like. the agent turned and took off running down the ally way, he would be going for reinforcements.

Kaelthrin looked up at Madeline as asked her with an odd child like curiosity "Should we stop him? he's just going to go get more"

OOC: i know i know it took me forever to post but i thought i mentioned somewhere that i was gone for the weekend camping well i'm back and i got my character caught up mostly.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Madeline Neko nodded to Kaelthrin and looked back at the door she had come through [B]"come on"[/B] she said, running out the door and down the alley way. She stopped when she saw more agents talking to the one who had fled, and turned around. She headed back the way she had come, and ducked behind a big dumpster. She awaited Kaelthrin who had fallen behind.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Green"]Kaelthrin didn't take off right away as Madeline went off to peer down the ally. she was watching the agent who had fled she then turn and ran behind a dumpster. Kaelthrin jotted over behind the dumpster and took hold of Madeline's hand again so they wouldn't get separated.

"Lets go," he told her and together they started off down the ally away from the agents as they were jogging away Kaelthrin said to her We need to leave this city if we are ever going to have a chance of hiding."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Madeline Neko blushed as Kaelthrin took her hand and started running off with her. She let him pull her along while she was having a fight with herself in her head. He likes you! a small voice shouted at her. No he doesn't, she replied. She tripped over a rock and fell, cursing herself as she fell. She laned face down on the ground, her hand going to her ankle immediatly. [B]"Ow..."[/B] she said quietly, looking at Kaelthrin.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Green"]As they were running Madeline was following Kaelthrin being pulled by his hand, Kaelthrin was wondering what was going on with her. He was the size of a child she was a good 2 feet taller than him, she could have easily out ran him.

After they had rounded a few corners putting distance between them and the agents. Thats when Madeline's hand felt like it was torn out of his. Kaelthrin Immediately came to a halt and turned back to Madeline to see what happened, she was on the ground holding her ankle, she had tripped.

[I]Crap this isn't going to go well,[/I] Kaelthrin stepped back to her and bent down "Are you alright?" Kaelthrin asked her hoping her ankle wasn't badly injured.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Madeline looked from her ankle to Kaelthrin. She nodded slightly and tried to stand up. She teetered back and forht before steadying herself. She walked forward, limping a little. [B]"I think its ok...."[/B] she said, looking at it. She heard footsteps heading towards them and grabbed Kaelthrins hand, running down a side street and into an old abandoned warehouse. She shut the door, locking it behind her as soon as Kaelthrin had entered. She looked around to see dozens of rats and mice. She let out a small scream and ducked behind Kaelthrin.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Then came ABEL, they had stumbled into his hiding place, he was unexpectedly awakened. Angry, he began to attack the two, taking out his knife he threw it at Madeline ,seeing as she seemed the the easiest to take down, and yelled [B][U]"you have entered my sanctuary!"[/U][/B]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=deepskyblue]Madeline Neko heard the yell, grabbed Kaelthrin and duck the knife. She glared at him before recognizing him. [B]"ABEL, its ok! We're your friends, not your enemies!We've been experimented on to!"[/B] she yelled at him, knowing the anger he felt. They had entered his territory, but he didn't have to attack them.[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

~ Alley near Rika?s house~

[I]These kids don?t have a clue what they are dealing with.[/I] Odin thought, letting Martel read it from him. He looked at the corpses they had just carelessly left about, and the destruction from the earlier battle.

[I]They apparently seem to be able to survive like this anyway, even if they are careless and even kind of stupid about their tactics. I wouldn?t worry about them, since even if they did figure out who we really are I doubt they would rat us out when they are in the same fix.[/I] Martel thought back to Odin, her fangs showing as she dragged the fresh bodies into a pile for disposal.

[I]Please tell me you aren?t still hungry. You had a whole one already. [/I] Odin though, noticing Martel?s interest in the blood still dripping from the corpses. He worried about her sometimes, in at least one instance she had overindulged herself a bit when there were fresh bodies about, causing herself much discomfort the rest of the night. Unfortunately, her urge to drink blood was far easier to satisfy than resist, and with the amount of combat she had been in since they got together the effects were visible in her figure.
He turned and walked up behind her, putting his arms around her waist and holding her belly to remind her where all the blood ended up.

[I]I?m trying not to Odin, but when I see fresh blood it?s like I have room for a little more. [/I] Martel thought back, forcing herself to look away from the bodies she had piled up and handing a grenade to Odin to dispose of them.

[I]I wonder if they really did get away, and if that stranger I saw on my way here ever showed up. [/I] Odin thought as he pulled the pin on the grenade and put it in the pile of bodies to blow them to oblivion so that people wouldn?t be able to easily identify them. Usually seeing the corpses explode also would satisfy Martel?s interest, at the very least she would have an easier time resisting the urge once the blood-filled bodies were no longer in front of her.

[I]We should return to the underground with all speed, if they sent reinforcements this quickly it?s probable that more are coming. The kids are on their own for now I guess. [/I] Martel thought back to Odin, sensing the danger they were in right now. Taking Odin?s hand and cleaning the blood off of herself as she hid the loot in various places on her person, the two of them stepped quickly out of the alley together as if they had just finished something personal in the otherwise abandoned alley.

Avoiding the patrols, and looking like an ordinary human couple with Martel smiling cheerfully and Odin talking to her as they moved along, they went several blocks in the opposite direction from the others, before ducking into a dark alley once more, and from there returning to the depths of the underground where Odin?s group lurked.

~ Underground, Renegade Lair~
[I]Odin do you think we will be able to stay in this hideout for a bit? So far they haven?t traced us down, and since we control the bruisers using my mind-link without revealing our true whereabouts the only people to enter and leave this place regularly are us. [/I] Martel thought to Odin, using her mind link instead of speaking out loud because it was convenient for her.

[I]Hopefully, though even if we don?t get revealed it is still safer to move from time to time to keep from getting pinned down in an ambush. [/I] Odin answered back in his thoughts, sitting comfortably on a couch near his computer. Martel got herself a glass of Sangria wine from the refrigerator, and sat on Odin?s lap where he could feel her weight and her warmth up close. Taking a sip of the wine, which was as red as the blood she had fed on before, she said out loud ?Odin, do you really think your plan will work? I want a world in which we can live on the surface like normal humans, and not have to hide our identities anymore.?

?I believe it will Martel. And if it doesn?t, it will either fail and take us with it, or we will remain here in the underground the rest of our lives.? Odin answered back, wrapping his arms around Martel and holding her comfortably. She wasn?t the most slender of girls, but her chubby figure concealed amazing strength and ability, gifted by her modification and adding to the strength she had before being modified. Often it was Martel who got Odin out of a tight battle, while Martel would have the favor returned by getting Odin?s help in the mental warfare department.

?Hopefully you?re right. Many of the supernatural and modified agree with our scheme, to very carefully topple the corrupt existing government and establish a new order where we may live freely in peaceful coexistence with the normal people.? Martel remarked, sending status updates to the various thugs and bruisers that had become of their forces.
?When do you think we will be ready to move??

?Soon, very soon now. It is almost time for those who hate us to perish, and those who will accept us to survive. The governments that did this to us shall all burn in the flames of the hell they themselves made.? Odin answered, his tone very different from before. Holding up his finger, a bright white flame appeared on it as his holy aura was channeled briefly before he dismissed it again.