OtakuBoards

Kara no Kyoukai - The Garden of Sinners

Ikillion

[COLOR=#6d527f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][CENTER][IMG]http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/544/b4300167772150storiesnevu3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Trailer [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OdOsBH0MEU"]here[/URL]

Originally a five chapter (later seven) light novel. Kara no Kyoukai recently was adapted into a 7 part movie (the fourth is coming out in just a couple of days).I've yet to read any of the old light novel, but hearing that the main character, Ryougi Shiki is similar to Tohno Shiki form Tsukihime already had me interested. So I'm probably just going to pull everything from the movie.

Needless to say, judging from the Trailer the movie looks to be really awesome, the art alone had me blown away. If anything, the only thing I can complain about is the wait for all seven parts to be made, but I guess its worth the wait.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I must say that I'm impressed with the first movie. At least from the animation side. I found the animation to be superb especially the textures of the decrepit building. Story seemed a bit vague in parts but at the same time I've been told that the movie caters primarily for those who have already read the novels. The preview for the second film however has me extremely intrigued and I can't wait for it's DVD release. [spoiler]And it was only briefly but you get a glimpse of Shiki's vision when she is seeing the "lines" in beings.[/spoiler]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]So I just finished up with Chapter 3 that just came out today, and I'm more than happy to see an ACTUAL fight scene which was actually pretty well done, I don't count the one from chapter 1 seeing as it was more of a massacre than a real fight. To be honest I was surprised that Asagami's powers turned out to be as destructive as they were, [spoiler]being clairvoyant as well as being able to twist a bridge was pretty awesome[/spoiler]. Although it was fun to see Shiki being awesome and cut magic, and as always, Shiki is moe. Yet she can never be as awesome as SHIKI was.

The next episode looks pretty interesting, We get to see when Shiki gets her eyes as well as weird zombie nurses, [I]awesome[/I]. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]