OtakuBoards

Buying Your First Car

Epitome

[color=#4863A0][size=1]So today I have reached another milestone in my life. I finally bought my first car and I couldn't be more excited about it. Its a Pontiac Grand Am GT and I fell in love with it the first time I saw it.

Now, I never believed I would ever be able to afford my own car. I was always so reliant on my parents for most of my life that I figured that I would never be able to provide for myself, and I finally have. It is quite a relieving feeling to be honest because I feel like I am finally starting to get some independence from my parents and I have wanted that for quite a long time.

When I finally decided to buy it, it was an amazing feeling. I have never had a car to drive that was my own, and now I do. It was an exhilarating feeling being able to say "I'll take it," and not have to worry about my parents approving the decision or anyone else in my life. They did look at the car and said that I made a good choice for a first time car so it made the decision a little easier however.

So what your experience buying a car for the first time?[/size][/color]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I inherited my car, so I can't say. Granted I pay for the gas and my insurance is lower when lumped with my parent's. Having good grades, being female, and never having a moving violation help.

But what I can say is that I hope you have good gas mileage and dont' total it on your first day because I can recite a list of stories of that nature and dearie me it won't be a fun recitation. On the other hand it should be relatively illuminating.

Read: you are not invincible, and neither is your car.

But keep your things in order and it should be all good.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I'm still in the phase of learning how to drive so I can get my permit next week. o_O Since I'll finally be sixteen this upcoming Sunday. [[SIZE="1"]I'm so old.[/SIZE]] Anyway, I won't be buying a car since I'm using my mom's car, an older white Chevy Impala, which unfortunately is way to expensive to fill up with gas. XP I want to get a job so I can start saving for my own though. I already know that if it's still running when I turn eighteen I'll probably get the Impala, but I'd rather get my own vehicle. Something smaller that doesn't go through gas like there's no tomorrow. >_>[/FONT][/COLOR]