Cat Posted June 21, 2008 Posted June 21, 2008 Recently I have been drawing up a storm really and I want some feedback on some of my newest works. What tried to do was more realistic drawings of people. 5 of them are of actors and singers with 1 being of a friend of mine. [URL="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Drawings/keiti.jpg"][U]My friend[/U] [/URL]~ In this one her hair peice didn't come out the way I wanted neither did the mouth. [URL="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Drawings/ks.jpg"] [U] Kyle Schmid[/U][/URL]~ This didn't really come out looking like the actually person. I also didn't really know how to draw certain parts. [U][URL="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Drawings/thedoctorandrose.jpg"]The Doctor and Rose[/URL][/U]~The doctor turned out kind of weird. His suit was pretty hard to get right. Rose came out good though. [U][URL="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Drawings/wednesday13.jpg"]Wednesday 13[/URL][/U]~ This one came out how I wanted it to really. His hat had lots of detail in it that I tried to get the best I could [U][URL="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Drawings/JamesMarsters2.jpg"] James Marsters[/URL][/U]~ This one really came out messy. There was lots of shading and then I made the mistake of trying to give some color to it. [U] [URL="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Drawings/JamesMarsters3.jpg"]James Marsters 2[/URL][/U] ~ Pretty simple not much shading. I did add more details to the face to bring out more expression to him.
Zen Posted June 21, 2008 Posted June 21, 2008 [color=royalblue][size=1] Hmm. Well, I'd say since you are going for a more realistic approach to focus greatly on practicing by reproducing photos as closely as you can, and often. Also focus on your shading. However, I do like your attention to features on individuals. None of your subjects look alike, which means that you are good at highlighting peoples' defining characteristics. Just keep practicing.[/color][/size]
Cat Posted June 22, 2008 Author Posted June 22, 2008 Thanks I will do what you suggested and keep trying to copy photos.[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black] As for shading I know I'm not very good at yet however I'll keep trying. Only in the last month or so have I been really drawing in a realistic style. I got tried of my old styles and need to try something new. :animesmil [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now