OtakuBoards

Mega Man 9

XeEmO

Anyone looking forward to this? It's basically a new NES game. The creators even put fake glitches in to make it more accurately retro. If it's anything like the first two megaman games (which it should be) I can't wait.

As far as I know you have to download it from one of the online services. I wouldn't mind picking it up in the store though for like 5 bucks instead of going through the hassle of buying something from my WII online. I don't like the whole not having a physical object to represent the game.

Thoughts?

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]After seeing some gameplay footage from E3 and on various other game sites (IGN mostly), I must say I'm stoked for this one as well. It's been fun to play all the newer entries in the X series, but I always wanted an older MM game with all the classic Megaman goodness, including the old sprites. Which reminds me, I still have yet to beat Megaman and Bass....

I hope they ramp up the difficulty for this game, and NOT put in a difficulty selection that includes easy. Megaman is always known for it's difficulty and I want to keep it that way.

As far as it only be available via download, that's perfectly fine for me. I've been downloading XBLA materials and it doesn't bother me one bit NOT to have the physical parts of the game. That means the game won't ever NOT load or cease working due to wear and tear, since it's saved on your harddrive. It's really the direction we're headed towards anyways, since file sizes for online games can be virtually limitless. Plus, it would save on some production costs, methinks.[/FONT]

• 5 weeks later...
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Whoohoo! The game?s out on the WiiWare in the US. It should be coming to the PSN and XBLA pretty soon. Anyone else besides me got it yet or plans to get it?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]I have not put in that much time into it yet, but so far, it?s pretty darn good. It definitely captures the spirit of the original first two Mega Man games. Incredibly catchy old-school music and frustrating levels are all in full force here. I've died quite a number of times already in my short time with the game. So yeah, highly recommended if you're itching for some classic blue bomber adventure.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Bought it yesterday. I had ten bucks to blow, plus I have a hidden penchant for Megaman. So why not?

...All I have to say is that I'm a severe glutton for punishment. I do love it, but FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF it loves to pummel the snot out of me. But that's the Capcom way, I guess.

I still give it a hearty recommendation, though.[/SIZE]

• 3 months later...
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Maaaaan, so I actually got the chance to play this game. And it's lived up to my expectations as an amazing reentry into the Megaman "Classic" series. The music is INCREDIBLE and the Robot Masters going back to the old school designs of MM1-3 give me the biiiiiiiiiiigest cheesy smile ever. I think Capcom made this game just to please me. ; v;[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]